www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hope From Above?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Hope From Above? Reply with quote

Posting on this Chandra messageboard, brought to us by the good services of rd, does incentivate my brain waves sometimes, and forces me into new areas of thought.

I am not writing about anything supernatural here, but that could be involved also. I am talking about real people and places in a real time zone, now.

I voted in the just completed California election, I think that I missed voting at a previous election, maybe a primary. Anyway I often vote for a lot of losers, but this time I did vote for one winner, newly elected Attorney General Jerry Brown

I voted for Brown when he was running for Governor of California a long time ago. I also voted for his father. Now I do not think that we are going to get any stronger laws on murder in California right now, Brown used to be against the Death Penalty, and I guess that he still is, but he might listen (read letters) from people like us here who are interested in missing persons.

I remember writing a letter to Brown when he was Governor of California complaining about his stand on the death penalty. He answered my letter. All good politicians answer their letters. I used to get replies from Willie Brown in California when he was an Assemblyman, etc. Brown always answered my letters, except the last two or so when I was not in his district anymore.

Anyway a few letters from people on this messageboard about the Chandra Levy investigation might attract Attorney General Bown's attention, if we write to him. He might also get interested in other missing person cases in California.

Brown is more of a people's politician I think than many politicians. I am not too anxious to write to the Governor of California about the Chandra Levy investication, but that might even be possible if some of us start writing to the Attorney General first. That sounds a little correct does it not, to write to an Attorney General about missing person cases. The right man, in the right position, at the right time.

benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Comments Reply with quote

Benn, I'm reading your new post here and I think you should take the bull by the horns and start writing letters but I don't know if it will help at this point in time.
Everyone else here seems to be long term experts so probably can weigh in better than I can on what can be done. I will follow suit.

Thanks for the posts under the other thread. I was able to get in and read them. I have no fresh ideas. I am glad to hear you are still interested and also read about other missing cases as well too. Keep me posted on anything new for the future.

I'm trying to stay on the board but I'm having computer problems but I'll push as long as I can drag my computer. It may take some time till I can get it looked at, and also get a new OS in the future. Running on the last leg. Just thought I would fill you all in just in case I disappear for a while-- it will mean I'm repairing or without computer. That would be sad for me since I follow many cases at one time.

Good day and let me know if you start any letters.

Also, I think you will be able to add much more to this section here Benn.

Goz
jane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Goz - be sure to protect your computer from viruses and adware. Some of the free software is pretty good, such as AntiVir Guard and Ad-Aware SE.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: computer problems Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions Jane. I do protect against virus's but you never know what is out there. I have a built computer by a friend that is fairly updated but I need a new OS. Also, maybe it did not catch everything.

First thing I'm doing is having the man check it all out and see what he can do first. I put a new hard drive in not long ago-- 2nd see what he says I need.

It takes forever to move along and I have to keep shutting it down, and it jams.

I probably need a new computer but you know how that goes. ($)...But I am living outdated with the OS.

Again, I thank you. Will have all you said re-checked again too.

Have a great day.

Goz
benn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello goz, et al, Maybe I can pray for your computer. Mine needs some prayer also. The Computer Industry is not stupid. They keep designing things so that we will need more, or better computers.

Now I am going to get back to the Office of the Attorney General in Califonia. I think my whole plan here requires more than one tpic, but maybe that will work itself out as I, and anyone else, post a few messages here.

I am going to start here with just some general information on the Office of the Attorney General in" California.

http://ag.ca.gov/ag/index.php

Office of the
Attorney General
About the Department of Justice

The California Department of Justice carries out the responsibilities of the Attorney General through 10 main divisions. The department operates statewide with major offices in Sacramento, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego and Fresno.

Division of Civil Law
This division both prosecutes and defends civil actions on behalf of Californians and hundreds of state officers, agencies, departments, boards, bureaus and commissions.

Division of Public Rights
This division serves Californians by safeguarding the state's environmental and natural resources, protecting state lands, maintaining competitive business markets, preventing fraudulent business practices, protecting consumers, preserving charitable assets and protecting civil rights.

Division of Criminal Law
This division carries out the constitutional and statutory mandate that the Attorney General represent the People of the State of California in criminal cases.

Division of Law Enforcement
This division maintains several crime suppression programs and provides a wide range of support to other state and local law enforcement agencies through forensic sciences, narcotics investigation, intelligence and training.

Division of Gambling Control
This division regulates legal gambling activities in the state to ensure that gambling is conducted honestly, competitively and free from criminal and corruptive elements.

California Justice Information Services Division
This division facilitates the exchange of criminal justice intelligence among law enforcement agencies using improving technologies to help protect the public.

Division of Legal Support and Technology
This division delivers expert administrative technology and support services within the department and to client agencies.

Division of Firearms
Established in September 1999, this division is responsible for identifying individuals who are ineligible to acquire or possess firearms and other dangerous weapons.

Executive Division
This division provides the support network for the Attorney General and includes those functions not directly related to the office's litigation or law enforcement responsibilities. These activities include an Office of Victims' Services and Office of Native American Affairs.

Administrative Services Division
This division supports the day-to-day operations of the Department of Justice and its personnel.

Photo of Bill LockyerAttorney General Bill Lockyer was elected statewide to serve as the chief law officer of California. It is the duty of the Attorney General to see that the laws of the state are uniformly and adequately enforced (California Constitution, Article V, Section 13.) The Attorney General carries out responsibilities of the office through the California Department of Justice.

The Attorney General represents the people of California in civil and criminal matters before trial, appellate and the supreme courts of California and the United States. The Attorney General also serves as legal counsel to state officers and, with few exceptions, to state agencies, boards and commissions. Exceptions to the centralized legal work done on behalf of the state are listed in Section 11041 of the Government Code.

The Attorney General also assists district attorneys, local law enforcement, and federal and international criminal justice agencies in the administration of justice. To support California's law enforcement community, the Attorney General coordinates statewide narcotics enforcement efforts, participates in criminal investigations and provides forensic science services, identification and information services and telecommunication support.

In addition, the Attorney General establishes and operates projects and programs to protect Californians from fraudulent, unfair, and illegal activities that victimize consumers or threaten public safety, and enforces laws that safeguard the environment and natural resources.

Under the state Constitution, the Attorney General is elected to a four-year term in the same statewide election as the Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Controller, Secretary of State, Treasurer, Superintendent of Public Instruction and Insurance Commissioner. In 1990, voters imposed a two-term limit on these statewide offices."

( I will probably be contacting Mayor Jerry Brown of Oakland, California soon about the Chandra Levy case.)

benn
benn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, here is some old news that I found about the Chandra investigation. I don't remember reading this before myself, at least not in the exact form that it is in.

rd, I do not remember reading in any other news story about Condit's father, a minister, and Dr. Levy , Chandra's father, sometimes working in the same hospital at the same time. Maybe this was new news before they started to sifting through it more. That might make all of the early news of Chandra's disappearance more important because some news agencies might have slipped up and put more news in than they wanted to, or normally would. The news from May1, 2001 for the first three weeks might be the most revealing. I had never thought of that before. Soon news agencies had decided what news they wanted to print and what news they did not want to print about Chandra's disappearance.

I will get the url here.

( I will try to get the rul later. When I clicked on it, it disappeaqred and started runnin a line where the url had been. It can probably be found with Google.)

"""One interesting thing that can be pointed out about Modesto: It is not a very large town. We're talking about maybe 200,000 people and some of the unusual circumstances that you can find in a small town. Congressman Condit's father, as you know, is a Baptist minister. And he at times will visit and attend to those who are in hospital. Well, it turns out that the hospital that he visits is said to be the very same hospital that Dr. Levy does his oncology work at.

And, at times, it can be an uncomfortable situation, it is said, for hospital staffers, just because they know of the relationship between these two men. That's the kind of picture and that's the situation you can get in a relatively small town like this one.

(CROSSTALK) KAGAN: I'm sorry, Marty.

But the other small-world connection here is just the very fact that the gardener and family friend of the Levys would have another story to tell, like we heard today, about he alleging his daughter was also, at one point, he believes, involved with the congressman. What would be the chances of that?

SAVIDGE: Well, that's exactly right. And that is certainly a spectacular coincidence. However, we have to couch that by saying that the FBI have talked to this man and they cannot, at this point, ascertain what his allegations, if any, have any connection to the disappearance or the investigation of Chandra Levy.

But you're right. That does point out another facet, a remarkable one, if it is indeed accurate, as to the small town life and national tragedy here in an investigation.

FRAZIER: Martin, it's Frazier here, as we look at these pictures of the outside of the Levy home, let's turn back to what was happening over the weekend, when you were filling me in on how the local media was calling for Congressman Condit to explain himself to his constituents.

And you were saying that the response of constituents there in California's 18th District was one of concern that they hadn't been told the truth and they hadn't heard directly from their congressman. With these allegations piling on allegations, is there any intensification of that call for him to speak?

SAVIDGE: Well, as somebody put it, they said it was that deafening silence. They felt that it was highly unusual that the congressman they thought they all knew so very well, who many people here feel that they have a personal connection to, has not said anything at all.

We pointed out that, in this particular area -- not unlike many other communities -- people like to hear it -- if you'll excuse the vernacular -- straight from the horse's mouth. And they don't want to hear it coming from public relations people. They don't want to get their information coming from paid spokespersons. They want to hear it from the man they put in office. And that's been very frustrating for them. And calls to that nature into local radio talk shows and editorials in newspapers reflect that, that it is the congressman's continued silence, the fact he has not come forward, made an effort to communicate with his constituents.

Now it was interesting, we were talking with the mayor of Modesto last night, and we said: Well, how exactly would he do that? What is the forum that would be envisioned? Does he go on national television at a press conference in Washington, D.C.? That seems a bit impersonal and directs comments meant for his constituents from far away. Or would he come here. Would he try to hold some town hall meeting?

For the most part, it was felt: No, what he would do is probably remain silent at the advice of his attorney and perhaps at the advice of his political advisers.

So far, he has not said anything. And it continues to trouble the people of the 18th Congressional District.

KAGAN: And as we went to this live picture, Marty, we pointed out that this is a story that does stretch from Modesto to Washington, D.C., where our Bob Franken is carrying that part of the story.

Bob, this is quite a contrast. Here we are waiting to hear from the Levys yet again, and yet again still no word from Congressman Condit -- any word, any indication from his office that at any point he is going to be willing to make a public statement, not on paper, but in person?

FRANKEN: Quite the contrary.

Right now, by everybody's account who is working with him -- including his lawyer -- this is not the time to do it. There is plenty of time for that. And, of course, they go onto say that what's important here is finding Chandra Levy, as opposed to the various distractions that are here.

We just have some news which is particularly appropriate right now. It is the Levy family that originally demanded that Congressman Condit take a polygraph test -- just to review quickly. That occurred, of course, after it was reported that, in his Friday-night encounter with police detectives, that he had in fact finally acknowledged that he did have a romantic relationship with Chandra Levy, which contradicted the public comments of his spokespeople for several weeks.

Now we are hearing that there is a negotiation going on. Condit's lawyer, Abbe Lowell, said that he was willing to discuss the possibility of a polygraph. Now, this negotiation has been really stuck on the scope of the questioning. The lawyer has said there have to be some limitations. And we have just heard from the police chief, Charles Ramsey in Washington, who has said that the police will decide what the questions are, that there will be no limitations. That is the negotiating position of the Washington, D.C. police.

So police are sort of bearing down. They're saying that they don't want to do this without being able to fully investigate the credibility of Congressman Condit. The police chief was further asked: Well, if you can't work your deal, will you file a warrant demanding a lie detector test?

And the answer was no. And the answer probably was no because that would be extremely difficult to do legally. First of all, lie detector tests are considered in many circles to be highly unreliable. And second of all, as the police have pointed out repeatedly, they don't really have -- the legal term is probable cause -- they don't have reason enough to go to a prosecutor and go through the motions and get a judge to agree for a warrant given the lack of evidence they have that Congressman Condit is in fact somebody who should be viewed suspiciously. They say repeatedly he's not a suspect. So it is a negotiation that goes on. But looks like the police chief here has dug in his heels about the conditions for that test.

KAGAN: And as that focus on Congressman Condit does go on, there is other focuses of this case. Remind us of that, what else they are doing on this case today, Bob.

FRANKEN: Well, there is just such a wide variety of things going on. Police have decided that they want to investigate abandoned buildings in the Northwest Washington area near where both the congressman and Chandra Levy have their apartments.

They plan to, in fact, have officers identify which of the abandoned buildings. This is a very affluent area -- and then, if necessary, bring in the cadaver dogs. And they say, yes, of course, they are looking for evidence of foul play.

And as we know, there has also been the plan to take these same cadaver dogs -- which mean exactly what they sound: dogs that look for bodies -- take them out to landfills in the various areas to see if there is something that they can find out there that is relevant. We also have going on the fruits of the search that occurred the other night of the congressman's apartment.

I repeat that this was a search that was conducted with the permission of the congressman and his lawyer. It lasted about 3 1/2 hours. And the material that they got from that apparently was fairly minimal. It included a few items of clothing. And we're told that the police are looking at it, having their experts go over it. And then if they decide to, they'll send one or two of the items -- whatever they decide to send -- to the federal crime lab.

Now, that is a decision that is going to be made later today. We also have Anne Marie Smith in town. Anne Marie Smith is the flight attendant who claims she too had a romantic relationship with Congressman Condit, and, furthermore, that she had been asked to lie by the congressman in a sworn statement about that. Well, the U.S. attorney here has expressed some interest in that. So, for the second day now, Anne Marie Smith is being interviewed by the U.S. attorney, Washington, D.C. detectives and FBI agents about that to see if there are any legal questions there.

FRAZIER: Bob Franken bringing us up to date on this.

Bob, we're going to ask to you stand by, please, if you would.

And we'll turn to Martin Savidge, who was telling us earlier that -- he was just outside -- this image you see here just behind the camera making this picture of the front door of the Levy home in Modesto, California -- Martin.

And we believe Marty is outside by the driveway there, which we now see from the street.

And maybe what we'll do is turn back to Bob, as we make sure whether we have Marty hooked up or not.

And that is, Bob, to ask about the clarity and the very specificity that the police are using when they say that the congressman is not a suspect. And that is only because he's not involved in any kind of criminal investigation right now.

KAGAN: Well, it sounds like we do have Martin Savidge ready to go.

The situation here: We are standing by. Once again, we expect the Levys, the parents of Chandra Levy, to come out of their home in Modesto, California. They had signaled to our Martin Savidge that they were going to do that sometime within the next few minutes. So we are standing by for that.

We are going to wrap up our coverage here.

TO ORDER A VIDEO OF THIS TRANSCRIPT, PLEASE CALL 800-CNN-NEWS OR USE OUR SECURE ONLINE ORDER FORM LOCATED AT www.fdch.com'''''

benn
benn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To use some of today's nomenclature, "I will be back!" That is of course unless I get too far out into no man's land, and then I may not be back. :)

I will be writing a short letter soon to Oakland Mayor Jerry Brown who will be California's new Attorney General in a few weeks. I will have to decide what questions to ask, and I will have to try to find out whom I should contact in the future.

My letters should not stop anyone here from writing to whom they want to, whenever they want to, about any subjects that they want to.

I think that good politicians thrive on letters from the public. Of course everyone is not in the Attorney General's voting district. To me being in the correct voting district does not seem important. It is information that California needs if it is going to participate fully in the Chandra case.

Some individuals might be more inclined to write to Jerry Brown and to California than to Washington, D.C., or the FBI. Any comments here should not stop anyone from writing to anyone whom they want to. Again, the more the better.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when the Chandra Levy case seemed almost forgotten it seems to have gained new life from the new Condit lawsuit. Maybe I will hold off here from writing any letters to anyone about this case.

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: