www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another inconvenient woman murdered

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Another inconvenient woman murdered Reply with quote

http://www.courttv.com/news/2006/1025/glinton_eatmon_ctv.html?link=newsletter

Jury convicts sanitation worker of shooting pregnant mistress, dumping body in river

Lisa Eatmon was eight months pregnant when she was shot in the head and thrown in the Hudson River.

By Emanuella Grinberg
Court TV
NEW YORK — A Manhattan jury deliberated less than two hours Wednesday before convicting a married sanitation worker of murder for shooting his pregnant mistress and throwing her body in the Hudson River.

Roscoe Glinton faces up to 25 years in prison when he is sentenced Nov. 21 on one count of second-degree murder for the death of 33-year-old Lisa Eatmon.

The retired Army veteran was just days away from delivering Glinton's son, a healthy baby boy she was going to name Jayden, when her dead body was pulled from the Hudson River on April 3, 2005.

Manhattan prosecutors contended that Glinton, a married father of four whose wife had recently given birth, hatched a plot to kill his on-and-off lover when she refused to abort the child.

Under New York State law, a person counts as someone who was "born" or alive when a crime occurred. Because Jayden was still in his mother's womb at the time of the killing, Glinton is not charged with his murder.

Story continues

"I'm not going to say this brings closure, but at least we have the answer we've been looking for," Eatmon's sister, Darlene Jabir, told CourtTVnews.com. "Lisa will never be forgotten."

Jabir and her stepmother, Esther Speight, were in the courtroom for the verdict. Throughout the trial, the pair carried with them a book of newspaper clippings and photographs of their sister that they showed to anyone who would look at them.

The collection also contains autopsy pictures of Eatmon's unborn son, his skin bloated and blue from the icy waters.

Manhattan Assistant District Attorney Joan Illuzzi-Orbon suggested in her summation Monday that Eatmon met her estranged boyfriend in the middle of the night for a secret tryst to speed up the baby's delivery.

Instead, Illuzzi-Orbon told jurors, Glinton drove Eatmon from her Brooklyn home to the Manhattan sanitation garage where he worked, shot her in the back of the head and disposed of her body unnoticed.

Police never found the murder weapon, and the only evidence linking Eatmon to the alleged crime scene was her DNA and her body, which was found floating about a mile upriver.

Prosecutors also built their case on records from cellphone towers that placed Glinton at a gas station near Eatmon's house a few hours before her body was discovered.

"We're elated with the verdict," Illuzzi-Orbon said in a telephone interview after the verdict. "We feel justice has been served for Lisa and her unborn son."

Defense lawyer Steve Kirschner said the evidence against his client was circumstantial at best. In his closing argument Monday, he also faulted the police for building a case around Glinton to the exclusion of others.

Justice Charles Solomon will decide Glinton's sentence after hearing a victim impact statement from Eatmon's mother.

Comments: How very sad. Too many women have been murdered by their lovers.

Goz
benn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello goz,

I am getting more and more tangled up in the world, maybe that is because a good part of the world seems to be going astray.

Quote:
Comments: How very sad. Too many women have been murdered by their lovers.

I believe in the Bible view of murder where it says that if someone shortens another persons life then the murderer should have his own life shortened. That really is not a death sentence because we are all sentenced to death anyway, we are all going to die, on this earth, unless Jesus comes first, or if anyone has a different version of the final days on earth then they can use their own solution.

It is not only sad that a woman was killed by her "lover" but that her unborn baby was killed also.

We are coming shortly now, in the first week of November 2006 to a point in time where the Supreme Court will be deciding on Partial Birth Abortions. Congress passed a law banning partial birth abortion, and President Bush signed the law, but then the courts stepped in and over ruled the law.

I thought I head the preacher, Rod Parsley, who has been giving out some of the abortion law history on tv say that 40 million unborn babies have been killed by abortion in the United States. He said that is more than the population of California and two other states that he named.

That number of unborn babies being put to death before they are born must certainly be having some kind of effect on our society.

Not to be all negative here, goz, I will mention that the first National Day of Healing in the world will be held on October 28, of this week. I am going to be praying for one thing that that there will be no missing person cases in 2007. That seems like an impossibility, but enough praying from now until 2007 could put a dent in the missing person statistics.

Of course the Nation Day of Healing is not about Missing Persons, but indirectly it does seem that the National Day of Healing is about missing persons also, and everything else bad that happens in the world.

Praise God, benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Benn, Nice to see you.

How very sad as you stated too espically since an unborn child was killed too. It is a world where people think to kill another is the only way to solve problems.

Quote:
believe in the Bible view of murder where it says that if someone shortens another persons life then the murderer should have his own life shortened.

I agree Benn. Thank you for this quote.

Benn this is wonderful of you and I will be praying with you too! When enough gather in prayer, things can change.

Quote:
the first National Day of Healing in the world will be held on October 28, of this week. I am going to be praying for one thing that that there will be no missing person cases in 2007. That seems like an impossibility, but enough praying from now until 2007 could put a dent in the missing person statistics.

Have a great weekend Benn and I hope you don't have too many more computer problems.

Goz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: