www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game show question on Congressman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Game show question on Congressman Reply with quote

What CAL (former) Congressman had a much publicized affair with Chandra Levy?

we all know the answer.... Gary Condit

The couple answered incorrectly. - They did know she was kidnapped, they also used the option to call a friend from the cab who did not know the answer either. Finally, a guess produced the answer--Gary Hart.

Discovery channel puts on this show, CabCash which is a question/answer show for those that get in a cab in New York and they get x-amount of questions right for money while on the ride to their destination.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, Condit has become a trivia question. He normally would have been a fixture on the tabloid covers but he scared the daylights out of National Enquirer with a gazillion dollar lawsuit, so he's been successful at intimidating the one media outlet that would have kept him in the spotlight.

On the other hand, most people couldn't name him even when reporters were chasing him around in 2001. He was just the creepy Congressman to most, and some even think was convicted.

No, most people never will be able to name him, no matter what publicity befalls him in the future. He doesn't have the creepy charisma of a Scott Peterson that made him a household name.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe all the more reason for us to keep bringing up the case, to bring to light old facts in the case. I am even forgetting myself some of the names of people, media, etc. who were important at the time.

There are multiple bits and pieces to the Chndra Levy case, and a lot of those bits and pieces were probably never connected up with one another.

Why didn't Connie Chung ask Congressman Condit, in her tv interview with him, if Chandra had keys to his apartment? Another tv program had said in july of that year in discussions on public tv that the police knew and that also someone else knew that Chandra hd keys to Condit's apartment. I could not get any email throught to Connie Chung, but I did ask the other media woman who tv interviewed Condit that same evening on a local West Coast show why she had not asked Condit that question. I did not get a reply, but I was not discouraged. The woman reporter, I think her last name was Hernandez had been hired by a San Jose tv station, and my email may never have even reached her.

I think there are many trivia questions that we could bring u- to try to help to solve Chandra's case.

I wish it were possible for us here to do more on all of the cases here, but if we can't at least we can try to do what we can try to do.

Maybe as a thought I will start to pray for the solving of Chandra's case. I should have been doing that sooner awnyway. As time goes on the Devil has less influence. I can also pray for the solving of the other casere here on this board, nothing stopping me from doing that, except myaelf. Praise the Lord.

benn
jane

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Benn - would you explain what you mean by, "As time goes on the devil has less influence"? I'm more of a pessimist.
benn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane wrote:
Hi Benn - would you explain what you mean by, "As time goes on the devil has less influence"? I'm more of a pessimist.

Hello jane, Well I would not consider that a profound statement on my part. It is 5 years plus some months since Chandra disappeared. We all have a lot of different interests by now that we did not have in 2001.

I think that time has cleared the air a little. You are probably right, jane, being a pessimist, but good things can happen. I know that good things happen when I pray, but they are probably not the things that I prayed for.

For those of us who are still gung ho about getting more solutions to these missing person cases I think today is just as good a time for finding some better solutions as 2001 was.

I am looking more for solutions from supernatural origins than for solutions from what we few people on this message board can generate. The supernatural is eternal, our present world is only tempory.

I hope that it is not too cold in Camada. Sacramento is supposed to be in a warm temperature zone, but everywhaere I go I am cold here part of the time. Everywhere I go outside of my apartment they have the air conditioners on, in the taxi, in the bus, in the stores, in the offices. I asked a doctor yesterday how warm, or cold, it was in his office. He could not tell me. I was cold in there, but they don't even have a thermometer in sight.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe something will heat up these cold cases one of these days, but I doubt it.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD

Quote:
Well, maybe something will heat up these cold cases one of these days, but I doubt it.

I doubt it too RD. It appears we have a run of cold cases on this board. It is very sad. I was praying some of them would have some resolution at the current time, but no chance.

Also: As long as Gary has become a Trivia Question, at least it keeps his creepy name out there public in some form or another! Thank God Chandra is remembered.

Prayers for all those that have become cold cases. At least we keep working on their cases and will continue to do so.

Goz
benn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I have not given up, though some of my energy leaves me sometime, and I get tangled up in my computer

We must remember that there are all kinds of witnesses out there, probably most of who only know part of the facts, but still they know something from the media, and even from the actions of the key players themselves.

Is Condit really going to go through with his civil case in Arizona, or has he given that up? I am not as up to date here as I used to be.

Getting back to witnesses, I still like the idea of writing to people involved in some way, the media, law enforcement, maybe forensic experts, maybe Fellow Joseph Mcnamara at Hoover Institute on Stanford University. I grew up in that area, about a mile away in my grammar school years.

During the Japanese Relocation hearings before Congress in the 1980s I corresponded a few times with a woman who was doing research on the subject. I even forget her last name now, but she wrote several books on the subject, and her writings had a place at the Hoover Institute. She also lobbied Congress on her own and passed out her book to Congress.

Of courwse the percentage of replies that we get to our letters to reporters, etc. is not very large. I think the best reply that I got was from Mike Doyle when I asked him why the Otis Thomas episode had been left out of a Modesto Bee article about Chandra Levy's disappearance.

Doyle's reply was short, but it said in effect he did not know why the Otis Thomas part had been left out of the article except that maybe because of the controversy surrounding it. But he also said that he had not been assigned that story to do in the Modesto Bee.

A correspondence like that might lead to another letter, or more, being written to higher ups at the Modesto Bee. I think the stopper there, though, is probably the controversy involved.

Anyway, for the adventurous there are still places to go and things to do. I think myself that I am a little timid at times. For example I have always been very backward about wanting to contact the Washington D.C. Police Department.

In that area I had more couraqe in writing to the Federal Public Defenders Office. There, I think that I wrote to the top man, and he answered. My comment to him was about the interest by the D.C. police in an immigrant from South America, or at least south of the Mexican American border.

The reply that I got was something like that whenever the D.C. Police ran out of leads in the Chandra Levy case that they started looking again at the Spanish speaking immigrant.

Well, Adios, for now. benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: