www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi kate, no I don't think it was work related but a personal relationship problem between one of the women and the man. The other co-worker would not have been enmeshed in the problem, just was asked please come with me while I talk to so and so, I don't trust him. etc. etc. I've seen it happen before.

They got in the car willingly because there was no gun yet, and they weren't going to go far, in my opinion, just somewhere close by to park and let the one woman work out whatever it was with the man.

Would not have been work related whatsoever. Just a co-worker close enough to be asked to walk outside with someone.

My guess is he had to have shot both of them when they parked nearby. He probably did ditch the car with them in it in water, so pulling the one car out is probably how they will find this car, and them, as well.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate wrote I'd take my chances and run, cause to get into the car one would likely be a dead duck anyway...doesn't make sense.
You're right, Kate, that it doesn't make sense to get into a car at gunpoint (better be shot on the spot than another place of the gunman's choosing) but, nevertheless, it does happen.

I do see rd's scenario as possible/likely.
TJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=5296318

Police have questioned a person of interest, one who matches the description of the missing ladies. He was released, but they are doing a search of his vehicle.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks TJ for the newsarticle, and for what it is worth, cannot imagine getting in a car with this man, he gives me that creeps, what is distrubing is that he has a car also that matches the description, my guess there is a 24/7 watch on this guys activities.

One can only assume that if he is known to either women, that someone should be able to attest to the fact. My guess he works in a book binding room, or as a janitor, or that he is associated with the place that these women worked...

Jane I cannot for the life of me see what business these women could have had with this guy?

Well hopefully something turns up soon, as the longer it is, the more less likely they are alive....

How tragic....
TJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.klbk.com/

http://www.kfyo.com/cc-common/mainheadlines2.html?feed=120385&article=686658

A beheaded woman's body was found near Lubbock today. She has not been identified, but iis thought to have been there 8 to 10 days.
Nan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the news article referenced above, in case the link doesn't work for you. From KCBD TV:

8/20/06 - updated 5:15 p.m.
BREAKING NEWS: VOLUNTEER SEARCHERS FIND BODY OF WOMAN IN NORTHWEST LUBBOCK

Lubbock County authorities tell NewsChannel 11 the body of a women has been discovered in Northwest Lubbock County. We're told the body was found by a group of volunteers searching for two missing Lubbock Women along F.M 179 near Shallowater. Authorities say the body was headless. Official say it apears the woman's body has been there for eight to ten days.

We're told it is too soon to tell if this body is that of either of the two Lubbock women who went missing almost two weeks ago. Lubbock State School co-workers Peggy Sue Merimon and Louetta Kay Harrelson were last seen getting into a car with a white male during the lunch hour on August 9th.

Stay with NewsChannel 11 for the latest details.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I'm told that the Sheriff's office wants to begin the landfill search for Joanna tomorrow (Monday) or Tuesday. And that the search is expected to last 3 to 4 weeks, with the first week being removal of the top layer.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is far more calculated and gruesome than I expected, I am sorry to say. Thanks go out to the volunteers whose discovery will help a lot of people in solving this horrible crime.

rd
TJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be a deliberate decapitation. A week or more in rain, outdoors, it is possible it could be the work of animals.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh, that's true. Thanks for that pont, TJ.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her head was found nearby. The body was mutilated, apparently, although they don't know if it was from animals or not. And she was wearing blue men's underwear and a t-shirt. Had a wedding band on that did not match the jewelry known to be worn by one of the women. SO, if it's not the other one....

I am SO glad we moved away from there. That place is just dangerous. There's less than 200,000 people in that town. And a heck of a lot of dead and/or missing women.

Thank goodness some of the public were willing to go looking for them.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully whoever this poor woman is, the underware might be a possiblity that will lead to forensic evidence to identify her murderer. As you say TJ perhaps the rain and animals have something to do with the condition the body was in when found.

TJ I saw on the news the flooding in New Mexico, would never have believed it hadn't I seen this on TV, it showed a bridge that has washed away 4 times in the last few months....the tides and weather are certainly changing...
Nan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: landfill excavation delay Reply with quote

Message just received from the Rogers family, and will be put on Joanna's website in a few hours when I get home:

"... just got a call from the Sheriff's office, and they are going to have to delay the start of the landfill search for a few days, until it dries out a little. They were planning to start today (Monday) We've had probably just enough rain out there to keep the trucks and heavy from moving in and out. The forecast calls for more rain today and tomorrow, but should be drying out by Wednesday, if we have no more rain. The Sheriff's office anticipates that it will take a week to take off the top layer of trash with heavy equipment, and then another 3-4 weeks to conduct a more thorough search in the area where they were dumping trash at the time of Joanna's disappearance. The area to be searched is roughly 200 x 200 feet surface area, and a depth of 24 feet.

It's ironic that we pray to find Joanna, and pray for rain, but we can't have both at the same time. The Sheriff's office is optimistic that they can find Joanna, so please keep the search volunteers in your prayers for their safety and success in their search."
Nan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm told that the recently discovered body is Kay, the younger of the two missing women.

What the hell is going on out there????
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but it doesn't look to be what I expected. Someone who knew one of them well enough to kill her and a friend she brought along over some domestic dispute would shoot them in a rage, and there's be some indication who he was and which woman he had a dispute with.

This reminds me of Teresa Halback, the woman lured to a salvage yard to take a photo for an Auto Trader ad and murdered and mutilated.

The women may have been lured in the reverse, to a car at noon to buy something ala eBay, local classifieds or Trader paper, or the like.

That would be yet another serial murderer running around Lubbock? That, or someone who knew one of the women who wants it to look that way.

rd
Lattemoon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Missing women Lubbock Reply with quote

Nan, it's true we're all pretty stunned here with these two women missing and the body found yesterday confirmed to be one of them, but I doubt if it would be truthful to portray Lubbock as some kind of death pit for women. Seriously, could we have more crime here than in, say, San Diego...a border town?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 30 of 42

Jump to: