www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The knotted leggings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: The knotted leggings Reply with quote

I was just looking at references to what was found with Chandra's remains - thinking about Rainbow's question in another thread as to where Chandra would have carried lipstick.

Anyway, I came across lots of references to the leggings, including this one - edited to avoid using posters' names:

I'm suspicious of the whole notion "knotted in such a way as to suggest
    she might have been bound." I want to see a photo of these leggings, or
    tights, or (god help us) "leotard" and just how it was tied. If she
    took them off and tied them around her waist (which is my new, revised
    notion of where she might have tied them--around the neck would be
    mighty hot, I think) the encircling part would be I'd guess something
    around 25 inches or less--she was a tiny person, and the material would
    stretch, as you say. The cops saying that the knotting *suggested* she
    might have been bound says to me that the size of the loop probably is
    on the large, waistish, side. A person could make the case that the
    larger loop circled her body, holding her arms to her sides, as others
    have suggested, or perhaps the tights were wound round and round her
    wrists before they were tied. I'm guessing that the tights were not
    found wrapped around her wrist-bones, though, because then I think we'd
    have had a stronger statement in the leak--"her hands had been bound
    together"--and according to one news story, the cops discussing the case
    were seen holding their wrists together in front of their bodies. I
    can't imagine, given the apparent state of the corpse, that her hand
    position was all that clear. I'm suspicious of the whole story about
    the binding, in fact.

I am too.

If you're trying to "restrain" someone that they do not escape, would you
    really tie their hands in FRONT of their body?

You know what I think? I think those cops are dopey men who have no idea how women knot, tie, bow, and otherwise configure their clothes on various parts of their body.

And I have a story to illustrate that men can be clueless about how women 'configure' things - I might have mentioned this before, I'm not sure - men working at marketing 'Wings' pantyliners thought that women stuck the adhesive strips to their thighs, rather than folding them around and under, with the adhesive sticking to the outside of the panty!

The only problem with the knotted-around-the-waist idea is that modesty would prevent most women from tying their leggings around the waist unless they were wearing something resembling bicycle shorts underneath - not just ordinary panties.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane: very interesting post-- I agree many men are clueless on the fashions of ladies. I did get lost on the last part of your post on modesty- can you elaborate more for me please? ( I confuse easily!)

Are you saying, "You don't think she would have worn the leggings around her waist?

thanks Jane,

Good day.

Goz
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for sure these DC cops that were involved in her case are dopey men. I don't know how many times everyone posting just groaned at their latest idiotic blunder and said there goes the Keystone Cops again. This went on for over a year, until they just stonewalled her body from being examined and went into a "move along, nothing to see here" act. At least nothing they want you to see.

But I believe the posters quoted above have it wrong. Details were not given out, and I have only vagueness to go on here unless I dig deep and find something, but in my opinion the knottings had been around the wrists and the loop was very small, not as the posters conjecture above.

The reason I believe it was said "probably" bound is that, again maybe just from my perception unless I find something that says it, the leggings were no longer attached to her bones. It can only be conjectured that the loop bound her because it wasn't found encircling any bones. The bones had disintregrated and slid downhill to such a degree that one can only conjecture based on the size of the loop.

One problem is all the pollution National Enquirer/Globe spew which soils what little information we have with money crazed fantasies, the more vile the better. Many details placed in the public arena came from those fantasies, and I try hard not to let any of them alter my perception from news sources.

Had the loop been waist size, then even the DC cops would not fly that as probably being bound, as it is obviously large enough of a loop to tie around the waist. In addition, they were overly cautious in their evaluations, and seemed overly averse to coming to that kind of conclusion.

She was found below a tree, and what I expect is that her wrists were bound and tied to the tree as she laid on the ground. There are a few good analyses of the leggings used as bindings that I recall, and if I find some I'll post them here. What I recall is using the leggings possibly over her head as well, possibly one legging around her wrists and another around her neck. This is not pleasant to talk about, but a little reality has to be dealt with even when it is evil.

Or possibly especially when it is evil.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello rd, I wrote this last nite--not tonight-- but my internet was crowded when i tried to post it here. So I saved it and am posting it tonight.

>>>I do not think the stockings are where we are going to find any real clues.

The stockings could have said, look girls this will happen to you also if you talk, providing there are other girls who can talk.

The best defense then is that if you know anything about this case, don't talk. But that is sort of a foolish defense because someone murdered Chandra, and perhaps they will murder someone else, not to cover up their first murdur, if it was a first murder, but for the same reason that they killed the first time.

If we are going to look to murderers to help protect us if we do not talk, then our law is in pretty bad shape.

There are people who can be questioned, who were not questioned very good in the first place. More people should be questioned, or questioned more thoroughly.

benn
Rainbow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: In the "heat" of the night Reply with quote

And the "Circle Game" returns:

1. Why did Chandra feel it necessary to go jogging near a "horse-trail" in a remote part of the park IN A HEAT-WAVE (when that wasn't even her customary form of exercise)? 2. Why in the world would she have been wearing a sweat-shirt and leggings in that heat-wave? Even if the USC sweatshirt was her favorite and (she chose to wear it on "HOT" days), WHY THE LEGGINGS and not bicycle shorts, as Jane pointed out?
James Anderson

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent questions Rainbow. Unless Chandra had a very slow metabolism it would have been brutal for her to walk 3 miles to Klingle Mansion in the hot sun on a day with temperatures near 90, while wearing a sweatshirt and leggings. Also, she was wearing tennis shoes not running shoes, so that would eliminate jogging as a possibility. Was she expecting someone to give her a ride? Did she call a cab? Did she have a bicycle? So many aspects of this don't add up, and so many mysterious ommissions. The more you study this case, the less sense the official version of this story makes.
Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: "In the Heat of the Day" Reply with quote

According towhat I remember from news reports during the immediate period following Chandra's disappearance:

When the police searched the area near her apartment with blood-hounds, the scent stopped right outside her place, e.g. There wasn't a trail of "scent" leading to the park from her apartment. That's where a lot of the questions regarding her having been "picked up" originated.

As far as the "heat of the day" goes, none of the reports states that a bottle of water was found, either, which is a mandatory part of a "jogging" or "walking" kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: