www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse, 24, missing from Orlando
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: $100,000 reward expires Reply with quote

The news coverage is lacking now in Jennifer's case. It is sad that another missing person is not going to be in the spotlight. I watched Greta last night and there was nothing new to add. They talked about the reward and not much that we are unware of.
- Here are two new articles I was able to locate for everyone.

Let us hope they find Jennifer, Prayers to the family.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-kessereward2006mar20,0,2646595.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

$100,000 Kesse reward expires untouched

Jeannette Rivera-Lyles | Sentinel Staff Writer
Posted March 20, 2006

Photos: Search for Jennifer Kesse
RELATED STORIES
Crime blog: Kesse case now on Wikipedia
NASCAR aids Kesse search
Mar 14, 2006

The offer of a $100,000 reward for information about Jennifer Kesse expired Sunday with no known takers.

The private donor had offered the sum for information leading to the safe return of the Orlando woman, who went missing Jan. 24.

The donor had extended the deadline once from March 15 to Sunday's date but confirmed Sunday that he would allow it to expire this time.

"It is what it is," said the donor, who wants to remain anonymous, in a phone interview.

Early Sunday afternoon, Kesse's father was holding on to hope.

"If anyone is money hungry, today is the day," Drew Kesse said, adding, "I don't wish this upon anyone."

The only reward in the Kesse case available now is the $15,000 Crimeline offered from the beginning.

Crimeline administrators had a falling out with the donor a couple of weeks ago over conditions he imposed on the reward money. In an interview with the Orlando Sentinel at that time, the donor said he did not want to pay $100,000 for the 24-year-old woman's body, or for a conviction, but rather for her safe return. He also objected to Crimeline keeping the interest made by his money.

Crimeline administrators, displeased with the stipulations, gave the reward back to the donor on March 7.

On Sunday, Lt. Barbara Bergin of Crimeline reiterated that the organization could not accept the restrictions.

"We haven't had that money for a while now," she said. "Crimeline is in the business of resolving crimes no matter what."

Kesse was reported missing by her parents almost two months ago, when she did not show up to work and they couldn't locate her.

Two days later, her car turned up in an apartment complex not too far from her condominium near the Mall at Millenia.

Hundreds of volunteers combed the area with police in the following weeks, but for the most part returned empty-handed.

Anyone with details can call Crimeline at 1-800-423-8477.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Interesting Article Reply with quote

http://www.wftv.com/news/8146260/detail.html

Possible Connection Between Carjacking, Missing Woman Investigated

POSTED: 4:34 pm EST March 20, 2006
UPDATED: 4:48 pm EST March 20, 2006

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orlando detectives are investigating a possible link between the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse and a carjacking in Rosemont last week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ARCHIVE: Complete List Of Reports, Videos
PERSON OF INTEREST: See Photo Of Man
SLIDESHOWS: Photos Of Jennifer | Photos Of Car
HELP OUT: Family's Official Site
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The victim was attacked in her driveway and pushed into her car. The single mother jumped out of the moving car after she heard one of the gunmen say he was going to kill her.

Kesse has been missing for 55 days and might have disappeared from the parking lot of her Orlando apartment complex.
----------------------------------------------------------

Comments: Not much here, but I wonder what the connection is and why?
Hope there is a follow up.

GG)
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a clue- the car jacking "connection", but I don't think so.

If the perp(s) wanted the car, why did they dump it?

The security tape shows that the person of interest was filmed on Tuesday, Jan 24 at 1:00 pm.

If Jennifer was attacked on Monday night or Tuesday morning, that would mean that the perps had the car for a very short time. Obviously, the car was not the objective.

Only Jennifer's personal items- purse, keys and the "package" that we keep reading about were missing.

That leads me to believe that either is was retaliation or someone wanted the "package" with the cell phone.

Because Jennifer stated to friends and family that she felt uneasy in her condo- as though someone was watching or stalking her- I would tend to think that it was not related to the cell phone (package).

I don't think it was random and I do believe that it's connected somehow with her employment.

See my previous post on the Westgate Resorts:
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree laskipper-- I do not think this case has a thing to do with carjacking. The only thing I can think of is maybe LE is holding back more information on the perp. Otherwise, the article appears to hold no water, (at least for me).

In regard to the reward-- I think someone would have spoken up if Jennifer was alive due to the fact the reward was offered only if a tip was given if, *and only if leading to her alive.

I feel she was taken in the complex by someone who noticed her before, or by somebody who knows her.

GG)
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skipper: Posted this last week I thought, but must of messed up as the post did not go through, probably forgot to enter it, DA!

Skipper you have been thinking about the 100 complaints filed against Westgate. Now why these complaints were filed would be very interesting, and is there a case of fraud or embezzelment going on, or is this a money laundering enterprize? If so was Jennifer aware, or unaware, or was she complicit in the crime.

That is a sizeable payment for a Condo as a single girl to handle the mortgage. Did Jennifer feel ripped off as well as uncomfortable living in the Condo, and wanted out, wanted her money back. Might Jennifer have threatened to quit and spill the beans, so to speak. Might Jennifer have thought that the company might be foreclosed and she wanted out before she lost her money in the condo?

One would think that these complaints amount to millions of dollars or a sizeable sum of mula. One would think that any attempt by someone inside the company to rock the boat, might make that person a liability.

Without any knowledge of Westgate, other than that there are many unhappy customers, Jennifer could have come in harms way from on of these unhappy customers, or from her employer if they thought that she would spill the beans. Was/IS Westgate cooking the books? Were there any disgruntled admirers working at Westgate that thought she should only have eyes for him?

This is speculation and simply trying to outline anyone who may've had a motive to get Jennifer out of the way.

The car being left so close to Jennifer's complex seems that the person parked Jennifer's car there, and got in their own that they had previously parked there. Surely the person does not live at the apartment complex where her car was found? That would be an idiotic move;like a Scot Petterson. move. ALSO, it would have been easy to disappear in the mall nearby. A hit man's style walk in one entrace of the mall, and out the other for a get away car, or to take a taxi, or just keep on walking.

If the person high jacked the car, why dump it, or was there strong evidence of a murder having taken place, lost of blood, etc. Car jackers are desperate people this should have not detered the car jacker in any way....

Car Jacking I believe this is Federal Jurisdiction, and thus maybe the reason for the announcement of a similar case in rosemount, as Jennifer's case gives some resemblence to a car jacking.

I think there is more to the story of someone wanting Jennifer's car. That person could have easily gone down to the docks and gotten rid of a hot car, Florida is a large exporter of stolen vehicles, whole or in parks, usually newer or fancy cars. So was the person after money, after a car. It seems the target was Jennifer and not the car. As the car was not taken. and even if it was a mess, the car most definately been stripped of parts, and disposed of the frame.

The new case in Rosemount I know nothing about, except bravo to her for jumping out, a choice of being invalided and dead, I'd do a jump out the door. Which most women should do, or if the captive is driving, put on your seat belt and bolt into the nearest telephone pole or street light. Cause one way or the other, you know your dead, and death as road kill is better than death by the captors.

My guess is that Jennifer is probably in Water, or in the ocean. swamp?

Hope the Fed/state law enforcement are forensically examining the books of Westgate, as something smells very fishy down at the doc. Jennifer's body could have been shipped out of the docks in a container in a car destined for Europe, and then disposed of there. Shipping stolen cars is into the billions of dollars. Montreal most of the cars are stolen and then driven down to florida to be shipped to Europe. At least this was the take on the show W5 about car thefts. Montreal is the largest car theft outfit in the world. What a dubvious distinction.

Just thinking out loud, no offense meant to her family or employers.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: America's Most Wanted - ? TV Alert Reply with quote

I thought I heard Jennifer would be featured tonight on AMW, I'm not sure. I am alerting all just in case. Check your TV stations in case.

If the feature happens, I will tape it and let everyone know what was said.

Good weekend to all.

Prayers to the family.

GG

UPDATE: AMW did not do a feature on Jennifer. I just watched the tape. I must have been misinformed. I am hoping they will do one though. *Sunday...

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Dateline Sat. Jennifer Kesse/interview Reply with quote

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12732090/

Jennifer will be featured on Dateline Saturday at 8pm, check your listings. This may be the same show that Ray G. will be featured on.

In a "Dateline" special event Saturday, the broadcast investigates the disappearance of five different people across the country.

• May 11, 2006 | 8:00 a.m. ET (interview)

Will Jennifer be found? (Edie Magnus, Dateline correspondent)

Meeting Joyce and Drew Kesse is yet another reminder for all of us about how hard— if necessary— it is to experience other people’s pain up close and personal. Their daughter Jennifer has vanished—yet somehow in the midst of their grief and pain, they have enough energy to go out every single day and ask the world for help. To say that I admire them is the understatement of the year. I literally cannot imagine the path they have to walk.

Courtesy Kesse family
Jennifer Kesse

The story is also a lesson in the promise and the limits of technology. Yes, there are crucial photos from a security camera serendipitously placed so as to capture Jennifer’s car being dumped in a parking lot. But as you’ll see, those pictures don’t show enough to actually break the case open. There’s a possible witness. They hope by showing his picture that he (or she, they can’t really tell) will come forward. It’s been 100 days. It hasn’t happened.

And yet the Kesses bear up and move on—more TV appearances, more flyers, more hope and determination in the face of the very long odds of Jennifer’s survival. Do you know, they found time to e-mail us to thank us for being with them? They remembered not just our names (producer Bob Gilmartin and me) but also the names of our crew. With what they’re going through?

If you watch—and think you know something—there’s a tipline where you can leave an anonymous tip called crimeline (800)- 432-tips. And there’s a Web site you can link to: jenniferkesse.com.

As with all of these heartbreaking stories, one cannot but wish for a happy ending here.

Goz
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

Thanks for the heads up on the Dateline coverage, Gozgals!

Peri,

I had just composed a lengthy post for you- having to do with the county records I posted about a few months back. Doing some research to add to the post, I came across my post - in it's entirety (sans Hat) at another link.

Thought there was some sort of internet protocol- where you attribute the original poster with the idea? Well, at least there was a reference link to this site.

So much for posting ideas and research-

In any case, there was some interesting stuff at the link-

http://www.flfiesta.com/forum/

See the thread: Cell Phone

The link below, found at the Florida Fiesta link, has pics of the POI-

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=tatooonarm.jpg

The owner of the Florida Fiesta link had been the owner of JenniferKesse.org

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/news_local_orlandocrime/2006/03/disagreement_le.html

I'm wondering if she (the flfiesta.com owner) works for some subsid of the Westgate Resorts group? Notice when you pull up the link, that you are offered several choice- one to a forum about Jennifer, the other a "Big Condo List" for those looking for a vacation property in Florida.

http://flfiesta.com/

I'll send a PM in the future.

ls
rd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some background on Jennifer's disappearance from her hometown newspaper in NJ.

rd

from app.com (fair use)

Parents tirelessly campaign to locate missing daughter
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 12/11/06
BY ZACH PATBERG
MANAHAWKIN BUREAU

It's been 45 weeks since their daughter vanished from the Orlando, Fla., landscape, but for her parents it might as well be Day 1.

Each week, they make the same plea for anyone who might know where she is to ask him or herself this question: "What would I do if Jennifer Kesse was my abducted child?"

"For one minute try to imagine when you look out your window into the vast world we live in — My child is out there somewhere and needs me, and I cannot find (her) to help (her)," the parents, Drew and Joyce Kesse, wrote recently in their weekly e-mail sent to more than a dozen city and state officials, from police officers to Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

The letters represent just one tactic the family has used to keep the search fresh since the 24-year-old Barnegat native was reported missing in Orlando the morning of Jan. 24. Others have included creating a "find Jennifer" Web site and giving countless interviews to media outlets like "Dateline" and "Good Morning America."

Recently, they put her picture on 500 decks of playing cards and 10,000 books of matches and distributed them among the area prisons, truck stops, seedy bars, laundromats and bail bondsmen.

A $10,000 reward from the family still sits on top of the $15,000 one offered by police for information.

Joyce Kesse, a registered nurse, and her husband, Drew, who handles accounts for Staples, have refused to relent, despite almost a year having gone by.

"Our third full-time job is really our biggest priority: To find our daughter," Joyce Kesse said on the phone last week from their home in Bradenton, Fla.

Jennifer Kesse, who was born in Neptune and moved with her parents from Barnegat in 1984, graduated from the University of Central Florida. She was working as a financial analyst for Central Florida Investments by September 2005. On Nov. 24, she moved into a condo in Orlando. Exactly two months later, she disappeared.

Joyce Kesse last spoke with Jennifer as her daughter was driving to work Monday morning.

"We just talked about her trip," she said of the vacation to St. Croix that Jennifer had just returned from. "She said the weather wasn't all that great, but she had a great time. She couldn't wait to crash."

Jennifer's final phone call was to her boyfriend, Robert Allen, at 10 p.m. as she was about to go to sleep. Two days after listing her as a missing person, police found Jennifer's black Chevrolet Malibu parked in a lot at a condominium complex a mile from where she lived.

Despite flickers of hope, such as a partial photograph of a "person of interest" and mass public support, including thousands of volunteers combing the area and national media attention, the car appears to be where the trail turned cold.

Yet an Orlando police spokeswoman said the investigation still is active, and family members say authorities could know more than what's been told to the public.

"Nothing thus far has indicated she's been murdered, but at the time nothing's indicated that she's alive either," Joyce Kesse said. "So we take the positive approach and remain hopeful that Jen will be found. But we want, even if it ends up not being a happy reunion, to find her no matter what."

Bill Gilmour, Jennifer's uncle and a former Barnegat mayor, believes the best approach now is spreading the word by e-mailing the Web site link to friends and printing out the poster to tape on cars and storefronts.

"We need the help of the public," he said. "Somebody out there knows something about this case.

Copyright © 2006 Asbury Park Press
rd

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It tuns out the police (and reporters) knew the person partially obscured by the fence had just parked Jennifer's car in the apartment parking lot within walking distance of Jennifer's condo complex.

They are releasing a video they've had that shows the person parking the car and now saying that that person is a suspect.

Who is the suspect? No one knows.

rd

from www.orlandosentinel.com (fair use)

Video of suspect released in case of Jennifer Kesse
Jim Leusner | Sentinel Staff Writer
Orlando Sentinel
May 18, 2007

For the first time during the 16-month investigation into the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse, Orlando police said they have a suspect in the case.

The problem is, they lack a clear photo, a name and cannot say for sure whether it is a man or a woman.

But after months of debate between Kesse's parents and detectives -- and solid leads exhausted -- police decided Thursday to release a grainy, out-of-focus, wide-angle surveillance-camera video showing a person who parked Kesse's car at a south Orlando condominium complex. The suspect, estimated to be 5 feet 3 inches to 5 feet 5 inches tall, then was recorded walking away by another security camera about noon Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2006.

(snip)

The video released Thursday shows Kesse's car driven by the pool at Huntington on the Green condominiums at Texas Avenue and American Boulevard about 11:59 a.m., although the time stamp on the video is an hour ahead.

The dark, four-door Chevrolet Malibu is captured in the distance from a pool-area camera. It is seen backing into a parking space, and then the driver exits wearing a white T-shirt and walks across the screen.

About 20 seconds later, another camera captures the person walking by a fence, but the face is obstructed by a pole in the few frames released. Still frames of this scene were released last year.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-kesse1807may18,0,5239599.story?coll=orl-home-headlines
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one time I think LE should have made this information known to the public. It probably would have gotten answers much more quickly. I figured this was the case from the beginning on the POI- well now suspect.

Looking forward to a few more clues in Jennifer's disappearance now that the video is out there. Will have to go through all the threads to refresh myself on who/what and where, and mostly the how.

Gozgals
rd

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that being abducted going to a FedEx distribution center is also remote, but I am focused on how her routine might have changed in getting that overnight package off.

More to the point, the abductor was apparently local and parked the car within walking distance down the road and walked back. If she was carjacked while trying to deliver a package early that morning, the perp may have driven back to her condo based on the drivers license address to rob it, but found people there, and then driven toward his location and parked the car maybe halfway there.

Otherwise, he was just local to her condo and parked it out of the way and walked back.

One reason why I don't think Jennifer was abducted in her condo is that I think the perp would have attacked her in her condo, especially if he had a key and she was in bed at night, not forcibly taken her somewhere.

One thing that would change my mind is if there were package delvery services at work or in the building or nearby, and indications are that she would have likely sent the package during a break from work.

Otherwise, I feel she was out of her condo early that morning related to getting that package off, and her murderer lived within walking distance.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Link to transcripts from Greta-Friday, May 18, 2007 Reply with quote

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,273616,00.html

-snip

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, HOST: Breaking news in the Jennifer Kesse case.

We have covered her strange disappearance extensively. You remember the beautiful young financial analyst who vanished 16 months ago. She was 24 at the time. Jennifer had returned from a Caribbean cruise with her boyfriend and then never showed up at work the next day. Police found Jennifer's Chevy Malibu at a condo complex near her home, and surveillance video showed someone near her car.

Tonight police are releasing new evidence. Joining us, Sergeant Barbara Jones of the Orlando Police Department. Welcome, Sergeant Jones.

SGT. BARBARA JONES, ORLANDO POLICE DEPARTMENT: Thank you for having me again.

VAN SUSTEREN: Sergeant, when we first covered this disappearance about a year-and-a-half ago on this show, we showed video of a man walking past appear area near to where the car was parked. That was released by the police department, was it not?

JONES: Yes, ma'am, it was.

VAN SUSTEREN: All right. Now, tonight or today, you are releasing more video. Is that video of the same person a short time before that — the video that was — that we see — the picture we saw?

JONES: Yes, the image that the public saw were still photos that were taken from video surveillance that was from a camera at the apartment complex or condominium complex where her vehicle was taken. We labeled that person as a person of interest. We had the entire video, which we released the rest of the video, which shows this — with the person that we were calling the person of interest parking her vehicle in the condominium complex, exiting the car and then, we believe, walking by that gated area, which is the still photo that people shot — that people saw.

The difference now is, is we are publicly announcing that now we consider this person of interest an actual suspect in the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse.

-snip

Hit the link to read the rest of the updated transcript on Jennifer's story
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was there access to getting a package ready to ship from her place of work? Unless the building is all her company's place of work.

Even if her company shipped, most companies I've been at did not have access to overnight shipping for personal use by employees. Maybe I just didn't try hard enough or the companies were bigger, but can't recall it happening where I've been.

The more critical question is, had she shipped overnight within previous two months, and how did she do it, if anyone close to her knows. If she had from her work place, then I agree she would have shipped the cell phone from work.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many would plan on sending a package on a lunch break or maybe the office she was in was small enough that she could just say "hey, I'm off to send a package". It would be wonderful to know if that's the case.

And going out to send it at night I doubt for several reasons:

one, she would have to have an overnight shipping package at home and an account to be able to just go off and drop it in a box. I have neither, and I would expect she wouldn't either.

two, if she was just dropping a package off in a drop box, why in the world would she need or want to do it late at night? There is no way on earth. She would drop it off at any number of places on the way or near work.

three, as I wrote earlier, my emphasis was on a FedEx distribution center because they are open outside of daytime business hours. I was thinking of her leaving earlier than usual to go and send the package off, which when I do it is go to a shop like a UPS Store and pay for a package and pay for the shipping.

However, they would be closed when she went to work. A FedEx center would be open. I don't know where one is close to her, or if she would even have considered it. A shipping place could have been next door to work for all I know, and she intended to walk over and handle it that morning from work.

Concerning the wet shower and a breakin, it is extremely unlikely to me to breakin to abduct a woman and kidnap her, forcibly removing her. etc. Possibly murdering her in her apartment and removing her body to remove evidence, but with no signs of struggle, extremely doubtful.

Waiting outside for a person to go to work, even more doubtful.

However, no call to her bf, not available to answer his call, and work clothes on the bed indicate to me she was out of her apartment at 6 am or earlier. My thought was that she wanted to go get the package off, but an early morning breakin and removal of her body would have to be the answer to me if there is any cause shown that she would have handled the package differently based on previous experience.

rd
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37

Jump to: