www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2 Milwaukee Boys missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: 2 Milwaukee Boys missing Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=410091

Search expands, but no sign of missing boys
$5,000 reward for information offered; police maintain hope
By GEORGIA PABST
gpabst@journalsentinel.com
Posted: March 22, 2006

A massive search for two missing boys intensified and widened Wednesday, but at the end of the day, there were still no signs of the pair or clues about their whereabouts, despite growing media attention and a $5,000 reward for information.

Advertisement

Search For Boys Continues

Photo/Benny Sieu

Milwaukee Fire Department dive rescue team members search Wednesday for the two missing boys at Lincoln Creek, near N. 39th St.

Photo/Benny Sieu

Milwaukee police officers check under a railroad overpass near N. 43rd St. and W. Silver Spring Drive on Wednesday. The two boys have been missing since Sunday.

Quotable
Talk to me. I dont care. Hes my only son.

- Angela Virginia, ,
Purvis mother, on information about her sons whereabouts

Missing Boys

Purvis Virginia Parker

Quadrevion Henning

Related Coverage
3/22/06: Search for missing boys intensifies
3/21/06: Police looking for 2 missing boys
Video: TMJ4 report - 10 p.m. newscast

Search Intensifies

Graphic/Journal Sentinel

Click to enlarge

"We're pulling out all the stops," said Milwaukee Police Chief Nannette Hegerty, adding that other agencies, including the FBI, had joined the effort. "We're hopeful we will find the children. There's nothing to indicate a crime is involved."

Quadrevion Henning, 12, and Purvis Virginia Parker, 11, were last seen at 3:30 p.m. Sunday when they told Henning's grandfather that they were going out to play basketball in the area around N. 53rd St. and W. Hampton Ave.

Their disappearance began drawing national attention Wednesday, with coverage on CNN, Fox News Channel and MSNBC, and is hauntingly reminiscent of Alexis Patterson, the 7-year-old who disappeared in May 2002 from outside Hi-Mount Community School at N. 49th St. and W. Garfield Ave. Police and volunteers searched for weeks and continue to check out tips, but the girl still has not been found.

Police initially expected Quadrevion and Purvis to return home like most of the thousands of children reported missing each year in the city, but officers steadily stepped up search efforts as the boys remained gone. On Wednesday, police expanded the search area four blocks in all directions and went over some areas, such as Havenswood State Forest, for a second time. Divers checked the Lincoln Park creek and area sewers, police said.

Dawes Rigging and Crane Rental of Milwaukee donated $5,000 to a reward fund, said Police Department spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz. Others may contribute to the fund at any M&I Bank branch.

Police also plan to search the lagoon at nearby McGovern Park. Most of the 13 registered sex offenders in the area have had their homes searched, police said. Deputy Police Chief Brian O'Keefe said abandoned cars and vacant houses also are being searched. Last year, three boys died in a car trunk in the New Jersey yard where they were last seen, while police and volunteers searched all around them for two days.

The boys' pictures have been posted on the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children Web site, at www.missingkids.com, Hegerty said, and members of the center were rounding up volunteers to hand out fliers.

The boys' schoolmates, friends and the friends' parents have been questioned, she said.

At the homes of both families, friends and volunteers came by to help pass out poster of the boys. Visitors included state Rep. Annette Polly Williams (D-Milwaukee), a longtime friend of Betty Henning, Quadrevion's grandmother.

Shirley McCarty, principal at LaBrew Troopers Military University School, where Quadrevion is in sixth grade, said some of the older children went out in teams to pass out fliers.

"The kids wanted to do something. They're anxious," she said.

She said Quadrevion is on the school's basketball team and is a B student. "He's a quiet, gentle kid. Not aggressive. Kids like him," she said.

At Elm Creative Arts School, where Purvis is in fifth grade, Principal Sarika Simpson said students are collecting money and food and making cards for the boys' families.

"We're trying to stay positive and keep things as normal as possible, but we're hoping for the safe return of the boys," she said.

O'Keefe said both boys' families are cooperating with police. He said the arrest Tuesday evening of Purvis' father, Purvis Parker, on a probation violation was unrelated to the boys' disappearance.

Angela Virginia, Purvis' mother, made another anguished plea for information about her son. "Talk to me. I don't care. He's my only son," she said in asking whoever might have information to come forward.

She described Purvis as a quiet boy interested in art. He changed schools this year, from Urban Day School to Elm Creative Arts. "He's curious, but his art kept him busy," she said.

"He's mature," she said. "If he comes home late, he says sorry."

Adrein Brown, an adult who lives in the home with Purvis and said he's known him since he was a few months old, said he thought something was wrong when Purvis didn't come home. "He would get hungry and come back every hour or two for snacks," he said.

A couple of blocks away, Quadrevion's father and uncle, who came to Milwaukee from their homes in Texas, also waited for news.

Quentin Henning, Quadrevion's father, said he's in the Army Reserves and decided to leave Quadrevion with the boy's grandfather, Garry Henning, when he was called to go to Iraq in 2003. He said he got back in 2004 but has remained living in Texas.

The boy's mother, Chris Saxton, lives in Arkansas, Quentin Henning said, and was reported to be on her way to Milwaukee.

Garry Henning said he last saw the two boys Sunday afternoon when they stopped by the house and said they were going back out to play. "I expected him back for dinner," he said.

Quadrevion's father said his son attends LaBrew Troopers because he wanted to be in the Army like his father and uncle. "He wanted to be a soldier, and that was the next best thing. He was smart and studious," he said.

Police ask that anyone with any information concerning the two boys call (414) 935-7401.

For developments in the search, check the Journal Sentinel's DayWatch at www.jsonline.com/watch.

GG)

Comments: I have an interest in this case, (as all do) due to the age of the boys, the fact two are missing together and it has happened about 30 miles from where I lived.

Also, I went out to the rail yards one night, ( a few miles or so from the site) to search but was told it was to dangerous for a woman alone. I ran into a few people putting up posters and we discussed the case. I talked to LE, and Public Information regarding searches and may search this weekend if able to go on an organized search. I have put a few posters up in areas further away though, in a different county anyway.

Prayers for the boys and their families. This has now become a criminal investigation.

More stories to follow.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject: Boys might be victims of crime Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=411027

Police say boys might be victims of crime
No evidence surfaces, but police change focus
By LAWRENCE SUSSMAN
lsussman@journalsentinel.com
Posted: March 26, 2006
The weeklong search for two missing boys is now a criminal investigation, a Milwaukee police spokeswoman said Sunday.

Advertisement

Search For Boys Continues
Missing Boys

Purvis Virginia Parker

Quadrevion Henning

Related Coverage
Video: TMJ4 report - 10 p.m. newscast

Recent Coverage
3/26/06: Police think missing boys are still in city
3/25/06: Somebody knows, somebody saw boys, police say
3/24/06: Police will scour tips for answers
3/23/06: Search expands, but no sign of missing boys
3/22/06: Search for missing boys intensifies

On the Web
henningparker.com

Canvassing of people and tips have led police to believe that a criminal investigation is warranted, spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said at a news conference. But the department "has no evidence that a crime has been committed," she added.

Schwartz declined to say what led police to categorize the investigation as criminal, and they have not ruled out the possibility that the boys, Purvis Virginia Parker, 11, and Quadrevion Henning, 12, ran away. This, though, marks the first time police have indicated they believe a crime may have been committed.

Schwartz said police have no suspects or persons of interest at this point. Police have not talked to anyone who might have seen the boys since they disappeared on March 19, she said.

The state Department of Justice's Division of Criminal Investigation has joined the FBI and the Milwaukee Police Department in the investigation, Schwartz said.

Police continue to sort through hundreds of tips on the disappearance of the boys. Schwartz said there is no reason to believe the youths are no longer in the Milwaukee area, "and we all remain hopeful that we will find these boys."

She reiterated that police still believe there are people who have information on the boys' disappearance but have not come forward. But she said one reason people might not be talking is because they might be afraid of giving information to the police.

"We also have a huge 'no-snitching' movement with our children," she said.

The boys were last seen when they told Quadrevion's grandfather they were going out to play basketball in the area around N. 53rd St. and W. Hampton Ave.

The grandfather, Garry Henning, said Sunday that turning the search into a criminal investigation gave him more worries, but his family has never thought that the boys ran away.

"If that turns up the heat on the bad guys, then good," Henning said about the investigation.

"We're still hopeful and still prayerful," he added. "The bottom line is we want them home."

A Web site - www.henningparker.com - has been set up with information and a poster of the boys that can be downloaded. The reward for information on the boys is at least $35,000.

Police have asked anyone with information to call a national tip line at (877) 628-3804.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/8166692/detail.html

Police, Parents Ask For Help Finding Missing Milwaukee Boys
Children Vanished Sunday Afternoon

POSTED: 1:50 pm CST March 21, 2006
UPDATED: 10:49 am CST March 23, 2006

MILWAUKEE -- Milwaukee police and several other law enforcement came up empty Wendesday in a massive search for two missing Milwaukee boys.

Quadrevion Henning and Purvis Parker were last seen playing outside near one of the boys' grandfather's house near 53rd Street and Hampton Sunday afternoon.

Police said the boys, ages 11 and 12, don't have a history of running away.

Wednesday, police said they expanded their search to between 47th to 60th streets and Capitol Drive to north of Silver Spring Avenue.

Milwaukee Police Chief Nan Hegerty said that dive teams have searched sewer lines in McGovern Park and would search the lagoon. They have already searched the park on foot.

The families of the boys told WISN 12 News that the boys would not have run away and are starting to believe the boys were abducted.

Milwaukee police said they have no clues and all of their leads have led to dead ends, adding that they have no reason to suspect that any of the boys' family members had anything to do with the disappearance.

"There is nothing here to indicate any evidence of a crime," Hegerty said.

There are 13 registered sex offenders in the area, and police have done consent searches at almost all of their homes.

Statistics from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children show that the murder of abducted children is rare -- less than one-half of 1 percent. However, 74 percent of children who are murdered are killed within the first 72 hours.

That is why the families are pleading for their return.

"The right thing to do right now is to return them to some police department (or) some hospital. Drop them off somewhere where they can be found so they can come home to their families," Henning's father, Quentin Henning, said.

At the boys' school, teachers are helping their classmates deal with the boys' absence by drawing signs and writing letters.

Police have talked to the boys' schoolmates and some of the parents of fellow students.

WISN 12 News has received a lot of phone calls wondering why an Amber Alert was not issued.

Hegerty said police only file an Amber Alert if there is evidence of a crime and that the children are in danger.

In this case, nobody saw anyone take the boys and police don't officially know if the boys were taken.

The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department, the FBI and the Oak Creek Police Department are also involved in the search.

If you have any information, you are asked to call Milwaukee police at (414) 935-7401. It will be manned 24 hours a day.

Reward

There is a $5,000 reward being offered for information leading to the safe return of Henning and Parker.

Dawes Riggins and Crane Rental, of Milwaukee, established the Safe Jorney Home Fund on Wedneday with the $5,000 donation.

If you'd like to contribute to the fund, you may do so at any M & I Bank branch.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:02 am    Post subject: website for the missing boys Reply with quote

A website has been set up for the missing boys:

http://www.henningparker.com/
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Police take computers/reward increases Reply with quote

http://wfrv.com/topstories/local_story_088160639.html

Mar 29, 2006 9:13 pm US/Central

Milwaukee Cops Take Computer In Missing Boys Case

(AP) MILWAUKEE Someone from Pennsylvania pledged $30,000 to a reward fund seeking information that leads to two boys who disappeared more than a week ago.

The boys, Purvis Virginia Parker, 11, and Quadrevion Henning, 12, were last seen the afternoon of March 19 when they asked Henning's grandfather if they could play basketball at a nearby park.

Police have found no physical evidence that a crime has been committed, even though they classified the case as a criminal investigation.
"Unfortunately, the tips we have received haven't panned out," Milwaukee Police Chief Nannette Hegerty said Wednesday.

The pledge by the Pennsylvania donor, who asked to remain anonymous, increases the reward fund to about $62,000.
"If that's what somebody needs to provide the information, the money is there," Milwaukee Police Department spokeswoman Anne E. Schwartz said.

Police officers and FBI agents have gone door to door in the boys' neighborhood, and police continue to check vacant houses and abandoned cars, Deputy Chief Brian O'Keefe said.

Investigators also removed some computers from Henning's home so they could check whether the boy had communication with any unknown person, O'Keefe said.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comment: LE found out there was not any internet connection on the computers taken so that was not a viable lead.

Also: LE will be searching a dam about 4 miles from the boys home. I thought this was going to be done today, but I think it may be tomorrow, (Sunday). GG)

Article below on the father of one of the boys.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/8392492/detail.html

Father Of Missing Milwaukee Boy Speaks Out
Purvis Parker Sr. Picked Up For Parole Violation

POSTED: 5:38 pm CST March 31, 2006

Email This Story | Print This Story

MILWAUKEE -- For the first time, the father of one of two missing Milwaukee boys is speaking out.

Purvis Parker, 11, and Quadrevion Henning, 12, were last seen March 19 at about 3:30 p.m. near 53rd Street and Hampton.

Purvis Parker Sr. was picked up on a parole violation two days after the boys disappeared.

He was just released Thursday, and he said he wanted to dispel some rumors.

"My lifestyle don't have nothing to do with my son disappearing," Parker said.

Parker has several criminal convictions and served more than a year in prison recently for selling marijuana.

But he said stories that he owes somebody a lot of money, or that he snitched on somebody who might want to pay him back by abducting his child, are nothing but "rumors and lies."

"I wouldn't even see my worst enemy taking my son. None of my past, what I did in the past, was even big enough for something like this to happen," Parker said. "If they really think I had something to do with this, and know more than what I know, I wouldn't be here talking to you right now," Parker said.

Parker said he has passed two lie detector tests.

He thanked police for their extensive search for the two missing boys.

Friday, the search focused on more wooded areas and more door-to-door questioning of neighbors.

"I know that the antenna tend to go up when people see us in a particular area, but I want you to know that the reason we're out there is because we're just eliminating more and more areas," Milwaukee Police Department public relations manager Anne Schwartz said.

"It's like a mystery. It's like two boys just disappearing and don't nobody know nothing," Parker said. "If there is somebody out there that's watching this and got my boy -- if it's about money, we can come up with the money. If they want me or whoever else, I'm willing to talk."

Parker said the focus should not be on him -- it should be on finding the boys.

If you have any information, you are asked to please call the toll-free tip line at (877) 628-3804.

------------------------------------------------------------

It is NICE TO SEE some people are willing to take Lie detector tests when a case regarding a missing loved one may/may not point to them.

Prayers the boys are found soon.
GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Kids don't usually disappear like this! Reply with quote

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=413617

Kids don't usually disappear this way
Experts weigh in on missing boys' case
By RAQUEL RUTLEDGE
rrutledge@journalsentinel.com

April 5, 2006

As hundreds of calls from around the world flood a tip line to offer possible leads into the disappearance of two Milwaukee boys, police and missing persons experts formulate theories and narrow their focus.

Search Continues

Photo/Kristyna Wentz-Graff

Angela Virginia looks at her son Purvis Virginia Parkers newest school photos on Tuesday. Her son has been missing for more than two weeks.

Photo/Kristyna Wentz-Graff

His SUV and computer have been seized and he was interviewed twice this week by the FBI about his grandsons disappearance, but Garry Henning says he knows its a necessary evil that they have to do me that way.

Related Coverage
TMJ4 Video: Parker's classmates miss him in a class play

Missing Boys

Purvis Virginia Parker

Quadrevion Henning

Recent Coverage
4/4/06: TV footage in boys' case subpoenaed
4/2/06: Nichols: Missing boys not yet ready to leave nest
3/31/06: Amount grows, but money might not motivate
3/31/06: Father of missing boy denies owing drug dealers
3/30/06: Police resume search of river for boys
3/27/06: Police say boys might be victims of crime
3/26/06: Police think missing boys are still in city
3/25/06: Somebody knows, somebody saw boys, police say
3/24/06: Police will scour tips for answers

On the Web
henningparker.com

While not ruling anything out, they say the case appears to defy stereotypical kidnappings and other common crimes against children.

The fact that two boys, ages 11 and 12, vanished together during daylight hours and haven't been found more than two weeks later is extremely unusual, they say.

Of the more than 660,000 children reported missing in 2005, the vast majority are classified as "benign explanation," meaning there was some type of miscommunication or other short-term circumstance that is quickly resolved. Runaways make up the next biggest group.

But police and family members say Quadrevion Henning and Purvis Virginia Parker don't fit characteristics for typical runaways. Statistically, they are slightly younger than the usual runaway. Neither has a history of runaway attempts, authorities say. Both have good attendance records at their schools. They left their homes - blocks apart in the neighborhood around N. 53rd St. and W. Hampton Ave. - on March 19 with no money, extra clothing or other items to help them survive away from home.

"These are good kids," said Susan WhiteHorse, manager of the Wisconsin Missing Persons Clearinghouse division of the Wisconsin Department of Justice. Children usually show signs of problems before running away, she said.

"They don't just wake up one day and think 'I'm going to run away today,' " she said.

Parker and Henning also fall outside the norm as victims of the ever-feared but extremely rare stranger abduction. Although kidnappings by strangers grab loads of media attention, they account for only a tiny fraction of missing children cases. Just 115 of nearly 800,000 cases of missing children in 1999 were victims of the most serious, long-term stranger abductions, according to the National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Thrownaway Children released in 2002.

"The motive is usually sexual assault," said sociologist David Finkelhor, director of the Crimes Against Children Research Center at the University of New Hampshire. "It's usually a lone abductor who wants to have a sexual slave. Managing two boys of that age would be very, very difficult. . . . It's possible the offender kidnapped both, killed one and molested the other. . . . Most offenders are going to cruise for a lone victim."

Far more common are family abductions, which make up roughly 49% of missing children cases, according to another study by Finkelhor. But again Parker and Henning don't fit the stereotypes because they are from separate families and those cases usually involve children younger than 6 years old.

Family members' statements
With no evidence pointing to any one conclusion, police, FBI agents, and other specialists involved in the case from various agencies are formulating theories based on statements from family members - especially Garry and Betty Henning, the guardians and grandparents of Quadrevion, who were the last ones to have seen the boys and the two who first called police.

The Hennings said they last saw Quadrevion and Purvis about 3:30 p.m. on March 19 when the boys asked to go outside to play. Garry Henning said he started to worry about the boys at about 5:30 p.m. when they didn't return home. He said he went around the corner to Purvis Virginia Parker's house and spoke with his mother, Angela Virginia, who also said she was starting to wonder where they were.

Virginia said that when Garry Henning came to her house, he was angry and carrying a belt as if he planned to whip his grandson.

"He was in a rage," she said. "If you can do that on the outside, imagine what's going on on the inside. It's like he just snapped."

Henning said Tuesday he was not at all angry when he went to Virgina's house but was very concerned and worried that the boys weren't home.

He said he took the belt along as "a joke."

"I wasn't upset. I was weary as any parent would be. . . . I never got mad. . . . There was no anger whatsoever, at any point. I was scared. Bad things just start running through your mind."

Law enforcement authorities seized Henning's SUV and a computer from his house, and last week they subpoenaed tapes of a television station's March 21 interviews with him and Angela Virginia. Henning said the FBI had been back to talk to him Monday and Tuesday morning, after questioning him for nearly nine hours one day last week.

Henning said he understands the need for the intense interrogations he's received from authorities but says it's making him physically sick.

"It's a necessary evil that they have to do me that way," Henning said.

He said he has not contacted a lawyer because "I'm telling the truth. The Good Lord will take care of right and wrong."

Other links examined
Police are also considering possible links to Purvis Parker's father, also named Purvis Parker, an admitted drug dealer who recently served 16 months in prison. Parker was picked up on a parole violation two days after the boys' disappearance. Authorities held him for more than a week, and Parker said they questioned him extensively. Rumors circulated that Parker snitched on a big-time drug dealer who was arrested the Friday before the boys vanished and that their disappearance may be linked to his role in that case. Parker denied that he was a police informant and said he couldn't think of anything he had done that would cause someone to want to harm one of his children.

'A number of scenarios'
"We have a number of scenarios and no one scenario is more credible than another," said Anne E. Schwartz, spokeswoman for the Milwaukee Police Department. Schwartz said the case still remains a mystery and that every day authorities are thinking of new ways to solicit information.

The latest plan: posting the boys' photos and information hotline number on the scoreboards at upcoming Brewers and Admirals games.

"We're looking at every opportunity where there are going to be lots of people," she said.

"We're doing everything we can."

From the April 6, 2006 editions of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Have an opinion on this story? Write a letter to the editor or start an online forum.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Search for boys enters 4th week- update Reply with quote

http://www.channel3000.com/news/8608664/detail.html

Search For Missing Milwaukee Boys Enters Fourth Week
Family Working To Keep Search Going

POSTED: 11:10 pm CDT April 10, 2006

MILWAUKEE, Wis. -- The search for two missing Milwaukee boys is entering its fourth week.

The boys' families are keeping busy trying to keep the case in the public eye.

Family members want the faces of Purvis Virginia Parker and Quadrevion Henning everywhere.

This week, the boys' pictures are posted in Auto Mart Magazine.

Volunteers spent the weekend tying white ribbons around trees throughout Milwaukee. They said the ribbons are a sign of support for the families and a sign of hope the boys will return home safely.

"It's very frustrating. We want nothing better than to bring the boys home tomorrow and bring them back to their families," said Milwaukee Police Chief Nan Haggerty in an interview on Monday. "It's frustrating. We've pulled out all the stops doing everything we possibly can."

A benefit concert, held over the weekend, raised roughly $4,000 in reward money. As of Monday night, a total of more than $63,000 is being offered for anyone providing information about the boys' whereabouts. The money is split between four different reward funds.

Let us hope the boys are found soon.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: 2 Milwaukee Boys Found Drowned Reply with quote

With sadness I must report the two Milwaukee boys, Purvis Virginia Parker and Quadrevion Henning bodies were found drowned on Friday. No foul play was suspected and autopsy results confirmed this. Prayers for their families. GG)

Missing Boys Drowned In Icy Lagoon

MILWAUKEE, Wis., April 15, 2006
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quadrevion Henning, 12, left, and Purvis Virginia Parker, 11. (CBS/AP)

Fast Facts

Divers from the Milwaukee Police Department and Milwaukee Fire Department found the second body around 10 p.m. Both bodies were fully clothed and had been in the lagoon from quite some time, authorities said.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(CBS/AP) Two boys missing for almost a month apparently drowned in an icy park lagoon near where they were last seen, and authorities said Saturday foul play was not suspected.

Purvis Virginia Parker, 11, and Quadrevion Henning, 12, disappeared the afternoon of March 19 after they asked Quadrevion's grandfather whether they could play basketball at the nearby park.

The bodies were found in the park lagoon on Friday.

Police Chief Nan Hegerty speculated Purvis, who could not swim, fell in first, and Quadrevion, who was a strong swimmer, tried to save him.

She did not guess why the boys went near the lagoon, which was partially covered with ice when they disappeared, and said the investigation is closed unless someone came forward with new information.

"There was no evidence of any injury or any foul play," said Milwaukee County medical examiner Jeffrey Jentzen. "The bodies appeared to be in conditions that were consistent with having been submerged since the time they'd been missing."

Jentzen said the children could have lost consciousness immediately in the cold water.

"That makes it kind of nice for the family that they weren't held against their own will," said Quadrevion's uncle, Dennis Frazier.

The first of the two bodies was found about 7:30 p.m. Friday after a man and his son walking in the park saw something floating, Hegerty said.

Police and Fire Department divers found the second body around 10 p.m. Both bodies were fully clothed.

After the boys' disappearance, police and volunteers searched the neighborhood, posted leaflets around the city and made repeated appeals for information anyone might have.

On March 23, divers searched the large lagoon, which was as deep as 20 feet, but because of the muddy bottom, it was possible the bodies could have been missed in a search, Hegerty said.

The boys' families had said the two had no history of running away and had good school attendance records, and police fielded hundreds of calls on a tip line offering possible leads.

Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, who spoke with family members Saturday, said they used the word "closure" with the day's events.

"The uncertainty is horrible, and there is no happy ending," he said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/04/15/national/main1501158.shtml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: