www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jennifer Kesse, 24, missing from Orlando
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Jennifer Kesse, 24, missing from Orlando Reply with quote

Jamie Colby covered this on Big Story on Fox tonight. She had Jennifer's parents and Orlando police on tonight. Their focus is that they have a few frames of a surveillance video that shows a man walking down a sidewalk. They are asking if anybody can help identify him or if the guy recognizes himself and will call the Orlando police. They believe he may have seen something that will help find Jennifer.

They have a website for more info on Jennifer and where you can view the surveillance stills. It is at http://www.jenniferkesse.com/

A little I gleaned from the interview is that Jennifer's cell phone and purse are missing, but they have found her car. We'll have to see what else is reported on the disappearance.

The parents have a $115,000 reward they are offering and asking for help in finding their daughter.

rd

Blowup of Jennifer Kesse person of interest / suspect

Jennifer Kesse POI photo analysis links

click to read the online true crime mystery novel Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy

www.justiceforchandra.com home page
jane

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that someone could get a better likeness of that man on the surveillance tape by merging several stills together. Both pictures at the above link show the back of his head (side view) and not the front, but the tape must have captured the front of his head also.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Person of Interest Article / Other Reply with quote

Rd: I have found a few links and will post the most recent.

*Here is a description too of Jennifer Kesse.

Jennifer Kesse
Missing: 1/23/2006

Hair: Brown, Eyes: Green

5 ft., 7in

---------------------------------------------------Link below:

http://www.wftv.com/news/6780465/detail.html

Person Of Interest Photo Released In Missing Woman Case

POSTED: 7:07 am EST February 6, 2006
UPDATED: 11:20 am EST February 6, 2006

PERSON OF INTEREST: Click To See Photo Of Man

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The family of Jennifer Kesse is asking for volunteers to help search for their daughter again Monday. Over the weekend, Orlando police released a picture of a person of interest in the case. At the same time, about 1,200 volunteers searched for the missing Orlando woman.

The Kesse family is asking for more people to gather at the Mall at Millenia to help them and detectives search for Jennifer. Over the weekend, the family was given new hope by a new clue, surveillance video that captured the image of a person who may know where Jennifer is.

Police aren't calling him a suspect, just saying he's a person of interest. A surveillance camera captured the image of the man walking near the spot at the Huntington on the Green apartments on Americana and Texas where Jennifer's car was left. The video shows him the same day she disappeared.

"We are hoping that there would be somebody out there that would maybe recognize the clothing or something about it, or maybe just the time frame when the picture was captured," said Barbara Jones, Orlando Police Department.

Police want to talk the man. They'd like anyone who thinks they know who the person is to call the Central Florida Crimeline (800-423-TIPS). Jennifer has been missing for almost two weeks now and this is the most significant breakthrough in the case. Her parents remain optimistic.

"It's baby steps that make things happen. The car was great. Now we have someone who can hopefully help us answer some questions to find Jennifer," said Drew Kesse, Jennifer’s father.

The Kesse's spirits were boosted by more than 1,000 people who joined with them in the search over the weekend. Volunteers scoured the areas around Kesse's condo, the Mall at Millenia and the Huntington on the Green apartments hoping to find any more clues. Police won't say if they've gotten any more leads. The Kesses are just hoping someone identifies the man and that he can lead them to their daughter.

Jennifer's family has been handing out flyers with her image on it. Monday, they will be bringing new flyers with the man's image on them. If you have any information, please call the Central Florida Crimeline at 1-800-423-TIPS.

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw coverage on Jennifer on Nancy Grace last night. A lot of details, but essentially her car was found a mile away at another complex, ala Taylor Behl. It was found on Thursday.

The video still was of a man on Wednesday early afternoon, I believe, a day or two after Jennifer disappeared. Bottom line is it sounds like it was brought back later and parked nearby, within walking distance back to Jennifer's apartment complex area.

Since Jennifer's makeup and different clothes were out and she had just come back from a holiday with her boyfriend, there was a strong presumption on the show that she got ready for work and was abducted as she stepped out the door to her car.

I don't buy that at all.

The boyfriend said that she always called him or text messaged him every morning, but she didn't that morning for the first time. He said that was puzzling.

He said he called then and only got her voice mail. He said that was unusual. It's one thing to not call him, running late, etc., but to also not be there to answer his call when she normally was is too much. She wasn't there that morning putting on makeup.

There was also the implied implication that the attacker knew something of her and was waiting for her to come out the door, and maybe he was hidden in the back seat, who knows, but she had been gone a few days on vacation and just returned the night before.

The thought of someone thinking they are going to attack a woman that he had seen around by waiting till she goes to work is pretty remote. What, accost her in the parking lot as people are going to work, or render her unconscious from the back seat as starts the car up, then clamber around, and drive the car away?

Possible, but add to that no calling or answering the phone and it is clearly a scenario stretched to fit what seems to be the facts.

None of it makes any sense to me. There would have to be a very strong indication that she was up and about in her apartment that morning, a stronger indication than her makeup was out, which as I understand it was always out, and even then one would have to decipher why she was not communicating with her boyfriend after coming back from a trip with him.

The answer is that she wasn't up and about that morning getting ready for work, that is clear to me. But there was no struggle, no break in, her door was locked.

I suspect a key was made for her apartment door. I'd have to think of something else if that wasn't possible, but that makes far more sense to me. They said something about some recent work done on her apartment.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd: I have not done any searches today but found this yesterday. Thought you would find it interesting.

(fair use)
http://www.local6.com/news/6838344/detail.html

Police: Polygraph Being Used In Kesse Case

POSTED: 11:23 am EST February 8, 2006
UPDATED: 2:49 pm EST February 8, 2006

Orlando police confirmed to Local 6 News Wednesday that investigators have utilized the department's polygrapher in the search for missing Orlando woman Jennifer Kesse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEW SLIDESHOW: Person Of Interest
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kesse, 24, was reported missing several weeks ago after she did not show up for work at Westgate Resorts in Ocoee, Fla.

Officials said they will not disclose who received a polygraph test or how many polygraphs have been administered.

A polygraph is an instrument that simultaneously records changes in physiological processes such as heartbeat, blood pressure and respiration, often used as a lie detector.

Family Makes Appeal On National TV

Meanwhile, Kesse's family appeared on national television Wednesday morning and made an appeal to the public for more information in the case.

On "The Early Show" Wednesday, Kesse's parents, Joyce and Drew, along with their son Logan talked with anchor Harry Smith about the case.

During the interview, Smith asked whether Kesse could have had any enemies.

"Honestly, no," Kesse's mother Joyce, said. "As a matter of fact, so many of us have been trying to find a picture of Jennifer not smiling to put on a poster because obviously she would not be smiling right now, and there are none. That kind of shows you what kind of person she is. You meet her and you want to be her friend."

Smith asked if Kesse's boyfriend had been cleared since the two traveled to the Caribbean before she vanished.

"To my knowledge, yes," father Drew Kesse said. "I don't think any of us are marked out but to my knowledge, I believe yes, he is out of the picture on that."

"The Early Show" showed surveillance photos released over the weekend of a person of interest seen at the Huntington on the Greens apartment complex near where Kesse's car was found.

"It is extremely important for us to talk to this person because they could really lead us back to Jennifer," Drew Kesse said.

Joyce Kesse urged people to revisit the jenniferkesse.com Web site if they had been in the Orlando area Jan. 24 through Jan. 26.

"Nothing is too insignificant," Kesse said.

CSI Teams Continue Search

Meanwhile, crime scene technicians were back at an Orlando apartment complex this week where Kesse's car was found after she mysteriously vanished last month.

Local 6 News has learned that investigators have been focusing on a surveillance camera lodged in a roof of the clubhouse at the Huntington on the Green apartments.

The camera captured several images of a person of interest who may have information about Kesse's whereabouts. The person was photographed through a gate that surrounds a pool at the complex.

A $115,000 reward is being offered for information about Kesse's whereabouts.

If you have any information, you are urged to call Crimeline at (800) 423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. goz. I expect that the boyfriend was polygraphed, and that the results didn't raise any suspicion.

FYI, men like Condit, that's what innocent people do when a woman disappears.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a look at the scant amount of information on the net regarding Jennifer's disappearance. The suddenness of disappearing after returning from a trip, begs the question, how did they get home from the airport when they landed from the carribean. Was a taxi involved, did they get a ride with someone else, share a cab, take a drive with someone they met on the trip. Did they give their phone number out to anyone they met on the plane or while on vacation. The picture located on line, struck me that this is a man of about 25-30, and that he is in the armed forces, likely the navy, or merchant marines. First this assessment is made from the pants and shoes this person has on, also the strange cut of the hat, and the fact that he was wearing one at all. His head is likely clean shaven. The height of the person can be recreated, because of the back dropping of the camera view of the fence. My guess is that his feet at between size 12-13 and that he is at least six feet, based on the likely size of his shoes. He likely weights approximately 150-165 lbs thereabouts, and the colour of his hair is on the fair side rather than the dark side.

I checked and there is a naval trainning base in Orlando, will send my impressions to the police. I looked at the photo, and decided that this dude looks like he is in the navy, got my brother in law to check, who is in the airforce and had been in the American Navy, and that is the first thing he stated, this guy looks like he is a "military trainning", from his clothes, haircut and the way he walks. What this person who was captured on tape has to do with Jennifer's disappearance is anyone's guess?!

Would love to know who they polygraphed!? No other impressions so far, other than the perp might be someone she worked with, or someone where she bought her car, airplane tickets, neighbour. Just don't know at this stage of the game. If she was abducted getting in her car, one would think that there might be some forensic evidence, here's hoping!
laskipper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://missingexploited.com/2006/02/10/new-details-in-disappearance-of-jennifer-kesse-cell-phone-package/

New Details In Disappearance Of Jennifer Kesse (Cell phone package)

Today police are releasing new information and details in the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. Police seem to think that Jennifer Kesse may have been looking for a roadside mail box on Monday night or into Tuesday morning to mail a package containing a cell phone. The package never arrived to its destination.

Police are confirming that Jennifer may have left her home at Mosaic at Millenia on Monday night or Tuesday morning looking for a roadside mailbox to mail a package. They will not say where or whether she made it there, but the package is also missing.

Jennifer’s family now confirms her younger brother Logan had stayed at her condo with several of his friends while she was on vacation the weekend before she vanished. Police have had that information from the beginning.

“Absolutely they’ve looked at them. They’ve had multiple discussions with them. They will go through the same thing everyone else will go through,” said Jennifer’s father, Drew.

According to reports, the cell phone belonged to one of the friends that had stayed at her condo.

Channel 9 has also learned one of those friends left a cell phone at Jennifer’s condo and asked her to overnight it. The Monday night or Tuesday morning she disappeared, she may have left her condo looking for a roadside drop box to mail that cell phone. The package is missing and never made it to its destination.
(WFTV)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have this detail posted here, but from Nancy's interview with the boyfriend, I believe he said they talked about 10 pm the night before to say goodnight, and the indication was that she was going to sleep for the night.

Based on that it seems unlikely she went out for a drive to find an overnight box instead.

Going out early to drop that package (assuming she had an appropriate package at home to put the cell phone in, I guess) is something I can buy.

It explains breaking the routine of calling her boyfriend each morning, and sort of explains not being there to answer his call (assuming he called a home phone or she had her cell off, which are not real hard assumptions to make, but possible).

So the implication here is an abduction early in the morning as she's out and about to go mail this package. I still find that hard to believe.

Possibly she wanted to get the package out and went out after her 10 pm call with her boyfriend. Late at night, she's abducted, and no phone to call or answer in the morning.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Goodness knows I have next to no hope for her well being. I am sorry to have to say that, but these guys that do this are murderers, many of which should be monitored and tracked as a menace to society and women everywhere.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to say, rd, if it was Monday night or Tuesday morning but I'd bet on Monday night.

A friend of Jennifer's brother (Logan) left his cell phone at the apartment. Could be that there was pressure to send the phone ASAP?

What comes to my mind has to do with the friend. Was there info on the phone that could be a problem for this person? Did Jennifer mention something that would put her at risk if that were the case?

I'm thinking in the area of drug dealing.

Tell you why I'm thinking this:

http://missingexploited.com/2006/02/12/cryptic-message-sent-by-police-
to-public-in-the-jennifer-kesse-disappearance/

Cryptic Message Sent By Police to Public in the Jennifer Kesse Disappearance

On Saturday the Orlando police delivered a cryptic message to the public in hopes of getting a response from those who may be involved in the disappearance of Jennifer Kesse.

“Now is the time to distance yourself from the person that is responsible,” said a police spokesperson.

The hope that this will motivate those responsible or who may have information in Jennifer’s disappearance to come forward. Jennifer Kesse has been missing for 18 days.

“If there are people out there that participated in this, you need to come forward or the deals are going to run out as time goes on,” said the spokesperson.
(WESH)

Hopefully the $115,000 reward will provide some incentive as well.

Sure sounds like the police have a good idea, doesn't it?

ls
rd

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is cryptic for sure, skipper. Something's up with that.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Volunteer's Pass out Fliers Reply with quote

Rd:
QUOTE: --It is cryptic for sure, skipper. Something's up with that. QUOTE

There has been a volunteer effort this weekend to hand out fliers to search for Jennifer this weekend. I'm sure since there has been nothing newsworthy posted, this has yielded nothing for value. Prayers and good hopes to this family and Jennifer.

Scroll for article.....

http://www.local6.com/news/7205517/detail.html

Volunteers Continue Passing Out Fliers In Kesse Search

POSTED: 10:44 pm EST February 18, 2006
UPDATED: 12:10 am EST February 19, 2006

Volunteers continued passing out fliers this weekend, focusing on shoppers and businesses, in the search for a missing Orlando woman.

Saturday, groups handed out papers with information about the mysterious disappearance of Jennifer Kesse, 24, to people at the Florida Mall and area businesses.

Kesse vanished almost four weeks ago.

Since Kesse disappeared, investigators have continued to believe that a person seen in a surveillance photo taken at the Huntington on the Greens apartment complex could offer information in the case. However, no one has come forward with information about the person.

Family and volunteers planned to be back at the mall Sunday, according to the report.

A $115,000 reward is being offered for information about Kesse's whereabouts.

If you have any information, you are urged to call Crimeline at (800) 423-TIPS.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listening to Nancy Grace covering Jennifer's disappearance tonight with Jennifer's family. She just said that she and the family talked and there was every indication that Jennifer was abducted going to work, the new information being that the shower was still wet.

Adding in the other information that she was intent on dropping a packaged cell phone into an overnight box for pickup, one of those boxes like FedEx that are located like mailboxes (and sometimes next to one), and her not calling her boyfriend or answering his call, it's possible she left real early and maybe even was going to call as usual but was kidnapped before she had a chance to get back and make it. Possible anyway. Her purse and cell phone, and the packaged cell phone she was to send, are all gone with her as I understand it.

Still, several things don't add up and the mother is saying it's intuition that makes her think Jennifer headed out to work. She says there was a couple of work outfits on the bed. Hello, that's like she wasn't there to get ready for work, like they were there for her to get dressed for work. Makes no sense to me at all.

Also, very sloppy questioning concerning the no phone call to her boyfriend. They said that would pinpoint the time she was abducted, pretty much implying that she called from her car while driving to work. I think Nancy even mentioned something like that.

However, the phone call was not made so much earlier that the boyfriend called her instead, and got no answer. The phone call clearly took place each morning earlier on, not when she was driving to work. So all that is up in the air and they need to follow up on details like that if they're going to try to establish a timeline on the air.

It's remotely possible that after getting up and showering she drove out in casual clothes to look for a box to drop the package off and upon returning would have called her boyfriend as usual, dressed for work, etc. The parents said she normally went to work between 7:30 and 8:15.

Going out early would be very quiet and somewhat dark, and I can see that explanation, especially if she turned around in an unfamiliar place or something looking for an overnight box and got carjacked or something. In fact, it's just the far end of the time frame I suggested of her going out sometime after the 10pm call to her boyfriend to drop off the package in an overnight box.

Interesting that the boyfriend wasn't with Jennifer's parents and brother on Nancy Grace. There may be some reason for that but based on what I've seen of the boyfriend's interview earlier it's my impression he took the lie detector test, no indication otherwise that anyone has refused to take it.

Much questioning on why her car was parked a mile down the road in a parking area at a condo complex. Seems to me that the abductor didn't have a car, drove off with Jennifer's and brought it back two or three days later and parked a little ways off but with a walkable distance home. Doesn't give too much leeway for how far Jennifer drove away to mail the package though.

The news was that the FBI has determined that the person in the surveillance video was between 5'3" and 5'5"" but picture not clear enough to indicate gender of person, or even if the top of the head was a hat or hair. A fence partially obscured the person which didn't help in identification at all.

The family is on Hannity & Colmes now. Has to be brutal for them to try to get word out hoping it leads to some info on their precious daughter. But I am impressed with Sean Hannity's questioning on this and other segments covered tonight. Definitely does his homework and brings out intelligent, thoughtful points.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd wrote: ...the mother is saying it's intuition that makes her think Jennifer headed out to work. She says there was a couple of work outfits on the bed. Hello, that's like she wasn't there to get ready for work, like they were there for her to get dressed for work. Makes no sense to me at all...

It's not something I do much now, but when I was in my teens and twenties I would frequently put on several outfits before settling on one - often there wouldn't be time to clear the tried-on clothes from the bed before leaving.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the thinking, exactly. However, the difference between ending up getting out three outfits and putting one on, leaving two on the bed, or getting two out to put one of them on when you got back from going out for something, is not something I can understand as definitive or even much to base intuition on.

The difference is explaining her not making her usual morning call to her boyfriend nor being able to answer the phone when he called. That is almost entirely glossed over in any discussion I've seen, and is entirely critical.

rd
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37

Jump to: