www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Olga Kahleel, wife and mother of two, missing in Miami

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Olga Kahleel, wife and mother of two, missing in Miami Reply with quote

I saw this on Paula Zahn last night. I don't have any other info, I'll post the transcript interview with the husband, a very touching interview, courtesy CNN:

PAULA ZAHN NOW (fair use)
CNN
Aired January 19, 2006 - 20:00 ET

(excerpt)

Our next story isn't about the betrayal but about a husband who is so intensely loyal to his missing wife, he is spending almost every waking moment looking for her.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

ANDRE KAHLEEL, HUSBAND OF MISSING WOMAN: I can't think and I don't want to eat and my main focus right now is her.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

ZAHN: He's even probably looking as we speak. Where did his wife vanish and who can help him solve this mystery?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

ZAHN: Tonight, a husband in Florida is desperately handing out flyers in a frantic search for his missing wife. Two weeks ago she simply vanished, leaving no sign of why or what happened. It is a case that has police stumped, literally, tonight without a clue. And now has her husband devoting the whole family business to finding her. Here is J.J. Ramberg.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

J.J. RAMBERG (voice-over): It's approaching midnight, nearly nine days after Andre Kahleel's wife mysteriously disappeared. Kahleel, his friends, and relatives, spend another sleepless night distributing flyers asking for help in finding her.

KAHLEEL: We plan to put out 2,000 flyers tonight and as many posters as we can safely put up.

RAMBERG: On January 10th, Olga Kahleel dropped her two children off at her mother-in-law's house, something she did every day. Then she found her secretary at the family's printing business, who says Olga told her she was going to the bank to make a $2,400 deposit. That's the last time anyone heard from her. She never made the deposit.

KAHLEEL: My body cries at night. I actually feel my body shaking. You know, my heart is actually shaking, it's what it feels like. And there is times when I just shut down. You know, I can't think and I don't want to eat and -- my main focus right now is her.

RAMBERG: Andre and Olga met 14 years ago and Andre says that before this, they hadn't spent a day apart since then. They worked together at their printing shop, eat just about every meal together and share the job of raising their one and seven-year-old children.

KAHLEEL: We talk, and I'm not kidding you, 30 times a day.

RAMBERG: He says he knew when he couldn't reach his wife within an hour, something was wrong. Police say Andre is not a suspect in his wife's disappearance. Police investigators are trying to help him, but say they have little to go on.

LT. BILL BAMFOD, FLORIDA POLICE DEPARTMENT: We have nothing. There is absolutely no paper trail of Mrs. Kahleel, where she was, where we suspect her of going. We don't know where this woman went.

RAMBERG (voice-over): Andre Kahleel has taken on the investigation himself. He's devoted the resources of his business to printing and distributing these flyers, more than 150,000 of them so far.

And he's hired helicopters so his cousins can search for Olga's missing car. They've flown all over the Miami region, covering areas like these canals in West Broward County. On Tuesday they spotted an oil slick in one, but when police divers went down, they found nothing. Kahleel and his family say there is absolutely no chance that his wife just ran away.

CAROL KAHLEEL, SISTER-IN-LAW: She wouldn't leave her kids. That I know for sure.

RAMBERG (voice-over): Kahleel worries that as more time passes, finding his wife will become harder and harder.

KAHLEEL: I'm going continue, and if it's 10 years from now, I'm going to be continuing looking for her every day. This is -- it is a promise I made to her.

RAMBERG: The one comfort he has, he says he's certain Olga Kahleel knows he's doing everything he can to find her. J.J. Ramberg, CNN, Miami.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

ZAHN: And there's one more thing to add. Andre says he has already spent $25,000 searching for his wife and he intends to keep searching until he finds her. He says, that's his job now.
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: News Links Reply with quote

Rd: This is a very touching interview. I have found a few links I will post.

I'm praying that his wife, Olga Kahleel is located.

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_016215318.html

Jan 17, 2006 7:40 pm US/Eastern

Search In Canal For Missing Davie Woman
Only On 4
Call Crimestoppers Or Davie Police With Any Info

Jawan Strader
Reporting

Save It Email It Print It
(CBS4 News) DAVIE Davie Police divers looked in a Davie canal for clues that might help them find Olga Khaleel, the missing mother of two that has not been seen for more than a week.

Monday night, friends and family of Khaleel were passing out fliers in hopes that they can find her, after going missing since Monday, January 10th. So far 150,000 fliers have been passed out.

Khaleel was last seen driving a red 2004 Ford Explorer to the Commercial Bank of Florida near 123rd Street and Biscayne Boulevard in North Miami. She had just dropped off her two children at her mother-in-laws home when she was supposed to be en route to make a money deposit for her husband at that bank. Police have no record that she ever made it to there.

Tuesday, Olga's husband Andre Khaleel called police to search the canal after finding something suspicious in there.

"We had a chopper today to do some aerial views," said Khaleel. "We saw a spot in the canal that didn't look right."

The canal is located at the 8700 block of Forrest Drive in Davie. After hours of searching, they did not find anything pertaining to the case.

*****Here are Khaleel's Details:
White female, 32, 5'8", 150 pounds, black hair and dark eyes
Last Seen Going To A North Miami Beach Bank On Jan. 10th
Driving A red 2004 Ford Expedition
Florida Tag: X27 EQW

Police are asking that anyone with information about Khaleel contact Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS or police at (954) 693-8200

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.local10.com/news/6183706/detail.html

Husband Mounts Own Land, Air Search For Missing Woman
Man Says He Will Continue Searching Until Wife Is Found

POSTED: 1:22 pm EST January 17, 2006

DAVIE, Fla. -- A husband's search for clues as to the whereabouts of his missing wife led him and police to a Davie canal.

In what authorities at first believed could be a break in the search for Olga Khaleel, who has been missing since last Tuesday, her husband, Andre Khaleel, and a helicopter pilot on Tuesday spotted oil on the surface of a canal near Griffin Road and Orange Drive.

Khaleel chartered the private helicopter three days ago to search the area for signs that might lead to his wife's discovery.

Olga Khaleel has not been seen or heard from since she left for the bank Jan. 10 around 3:30 p.m. Authorities said she never made it to the bank and her vehicle was never found.

Khaleel's husband and detectives said they are not ruling out the possibility that she may have driven her Ford Expedition into a canal.

Her husband of 12 years and the father of her 1- and 7-year-old said she would never abandon her children.

"I'm doing everything in my power financially mentally to bring my wife back home," Khaleel said. "I need as much support from the public, as much eyes, and as much help and prayers as we can get from anybody at this point."

Detectives and police divers were called out to the murky canal, where they were deciding whether to search the water for her vehicle. Police have not had any other leads to go on.

Khaleel, who has his own printing business, said he and his family have printed 150,000 missing person flyers in the hope that someone finds his wife. He said he will not stop until she is found -- dead or alive.

"Today will be the eighth night she hasn't made it home," Andre Khaleel said. "To me it's still brand new and I have to pursue it that way."

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: New Clue In Missing Davie Woman Case Reply with quote

http://cbs4.com/local/local_story_019155023.html

New Clue In Missing Davie Woman Case
Only On 4
Vehicel Was Found In Southwest Miami-Dade
This Is Second Time Husband Uses A Search Helicopter

Jawan Strader
Reporting
Jan 19, 2006

(CBS4 News) DAVIE Relatives of Olga Khaleel, the Davie woman that has been missing since last week, may have a break in the case after finding a vehicle that might be hers.

Andre Khaleel, her husband, rented a helicopter for a second time in a week Thursday, searching several areas in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, including the Everglades and canals in the area. Upon flying the area of SW 157th Avenue and Bird Road in Southwest Miami-Dade, Khaleel spotted a burning car that fit the description of his wife’s missing red 2004 Ford Expedition with Florida tag X27 EQW.

Khaleel was headed to the area with a Davie Police officer to investigate the scene.

Olga Khaleel was last seen driving the Expedition to the Commercial Bank of Florida near 123rd Street and Biscayne Boulevard in North Miami. She had just dropped off her two children at her mother-in-laws home when she was supposed to be en route to make a money deposit for her husband at that bank. Police have no record that she ever made it to there.

Tuesday, Andre also called police a canal after finding something suspicious in there, but it turned out to be nothing pertaining to the case. That canal was located at the 8700 block of Forrest Drive in Davie.

Here are Khaleel's Details:
White female, 32, 5'8", 150 pounds, black hair and dark eyes
Last Seen Going To A North Miami Beach Bank On Jan. 10th
Driving A red 2004 Ford Expedition
Florida Tag: X27 EQW

Police are asking that anyone with information about Khaleel contact Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS or police at 954-693-8200.

Daniel Lastra, CBS4.COM

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange stuff, they spotted a burning vehicle that looks like her van from a private helicopter more than a week after she disappeared, and the police are on their way to the site with him.

I was hoping the news site would be updated on what they found, but nothing yet. I can only presume it's some other van burning, otherwise the odds of this are pretty unbelievable.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Missing Woman Left on Own Accord- Alive Reply with quote

http://www.nbc6.net/news/6781167/detail.html

Missing Davie Mom Found Alive

POSTED: 7:45 am EST February 6, 2006
UPDATED: 11:17 am EST February 6, 2006

DAVIE, Fla. -- A Davie woman who disappeared in January has been found alive.

Olga Khaleel was last seen Jan. 10 after dropping off her two children at a relative's home.

Davie police said Monday that a man visiting South Florida for a family reunion saw the missing persons flyer at local store and recognized Khaleel. He then notified police.

Officers interviewed Khaleel, who said she left her home of her own accord and was never held against her will. She told police that she had personal problems and needed to get away and did not want to be found.

Police said they are glad that Khaleel is OK, but frustrated that they spent so much time trying to find her.

"What concerns us is that we spent hundreds of man hours and we spent weeks looking for her," Lt. Bill Bamford said. "Not that we would have spared any cost looking for Mrs. Khaleel, but we took investigators off other cases. We had at least five police agencies involved. ... A lot of man hours went into finding her. We wish she would have just contacted someone here locally."

Previous Stories:
January 23, 2006: Davie Man Says Still No Clues In Wife's Disappearance
January 17, 2006: Search Continues For Missing Davie Woman
January 16, 2006: Hollywood Mother Missing Since Tuesday

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.local10.com/news/6780608/detail.html

Missing Davie Woman Found Alive

POSTED: 7:13 am EST February 6, 2006
UPDATED: 10:51 am EST February 6, 2006

DAVIE, Fla. -- A Davie woman who has been missing for almost a month has been found alive, Local 10 learned Sunday night.

Olga Khaleel had not been seen or heard from since she left for the bank Jan. 10 around 3:30 p.m. Authorities said she never made it to the bank and her vehicle was never found.

Now, her husband Andre Khaleel tells Local 10 that Davie police have found his wife.

At a news conference Monday, police said Khaleel was located Sunday afternoon after an anonymous tipster who said he recognized her from a missing persons flyer he saw attached to a pole contacted them.

Police said she told them she left on her own accord and was never held against her will.

Andre Khaleel had said he would not stop searching for his wife until she was found -- dead or alive.

Last month, Khaleel chartered a private helicopter to aid in the search and found oil on the surface of a canal near Griffin Road and Orange Drive that he thought could have offered clues as to her whereabouts.

Khaleel and detectives thought that she might have driven her Ford Expedition into the canal. Police did not have any other leads to go on.

Her husband of 12 years and the father of her 1- and 7-year-old said she would never abandon her children.

"I'm doing everything in my power financially mentally to bring my wife back home," Khaleel said last month. "I need as much support from the public, as much eyes, and as much help and prayers as we can get from anybody at this point."

Khaleel, who has his own printing business, said he and his family printed 150,000 flyers in the hope that someone would find his wife.

Previous Stories:
January 17, 2006: Husband Mounts Own Land, Air Search For Missing Woman

GG) Comments:
----I wonder what the reasons were for this woman to leave? I have not seen the press conference. She left her children, and took off with the bank deposit. If we scan the articles, her husband did an extensive search for her.
Thank God she is alive.
It is true, all adults are allowed to leave on their own! In this case, I feel she should have tried to let her family know as there are children involved.
rd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost unheard of for a mother to abandon her children like that. And not just her husband but her sister and family could not conceive of her doing this.

Under the circumstances the police did the right thing and they are right, other cases were delayed in being investigated because of this. Other people have suffered.

I have to think that the problem she has is mental.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: