www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Columbus Woman Did Not Go Willingly
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Julie's Mom Speaks OUT! Reply with quote

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/5394274/detail.html

Mother Of Murdered Woman Speaks Out

NBC 4 Granted Exclusive Interview

POSTED: 7:19 pm EST November 23, 2005
UPDATED: 10:01 pm EST November 23, 2005

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- The mother of Julie Popovich spoke out for the first time Wednesday about her daughter's murder.

Julie Popovich

Popovich vanished after leaving a campus-area bar in August. NBC 4's Holly Hollingsworth met with Peggy White to talk about her daughter and the man suspected in her death.
"I'm not quite sure how I'll make it through, but I'll be with family," White said.
Popovich's remains were discovered not far from Hoover Reservoir in September. White said she was at least relieved to know where her daughter was.

Watch The Report
SLIDESHOWS: Julie Popovich | Chopper 4 Images | Images From Vigil

White's emotions were much different this week after the man reported to be the primary suspect in the murder granted an exclusive interview to NBC 4, Hollingsworth reported.

"I was raised by my mom," said Adam Saleh. "I've always had respect for women."

"I saw a sick individual. And I saw a liar. He's very smug. He was very full of himself," White said.

Saleh, who's in jail on an unrelated rape charge, was asked if it was possible that he and Popovich were seen together after they left Ledo's Lounge on High Street.
"I don't know about that," Saleh said. "Again, I have not been informed of that. My lawyer has not been informed of that. I walked out by myself."
Saleh said he thinks investigators are starting to realize that he did not kill Popovich. He believes police need to admit their mistake.

"There's no mistakes. He knows he's been nailed," White said.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goz, I see here where the police are waiting months for test results, saying that it is not in their hands how it happens, where, and how long it takes.

I was watching a cable news show recently (I don't remember which one) and I was surprised to hear it said a couple of times that DNA results could be returned within 36 hours. I don't remember the situation but urgency in getting results was probably needed.

Clearly as a country, we are not building enough DNA testing facilities or putting enough emphasis on getting information and results back to our law inforcement investigators and prosecutors. We see this over and over.

I know that almost everyone but criminals want to be able to nail the bastards, put them away, and keep them away from the rest of us.

But it's not being done.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Adam Saleh charged in Julies Death Reply with quote

http://www.coshoctontribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060129/NEWS01/601290316/1002/NEWS01

Man indicted in Ohio State student's killing
COLUMBUS (AP) - A 19-year-old man has been charged in the killing of a college student who was last seen at a bar three weeks before her skeletal remains were discovered near a reservoir.

Prosecutors unsealed secret indictments Friday charging Adam Saleh with the slaying of Ohio State University student Julie Popovich, 20, of suburban Reynoldsburg.

Popovich was last seen Aug. 11 at a bar near campus. Landscape workers discovered her remains in a field near a reservoir Sept. 1.
Police have not said how she was killed, but her mother, Peggy White, said Friday that the family was told she was strangled.

A Franklin County grand jury indicted Saleh on Dec. 30, but the charges were kept secret so they would not affect jurors in Saleh's trial on unrelated rape charges involving a Zanesville woman, Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien said. Saleh was acquitted Friday of three counts of rape.

The indictment charges Saleh with aggravated murder, kidnapping, attempted rape and tampering with evidence. He is expected to appear in court Monday.

GG) Now that he has been charged, (as we knew he would be), let us pray justice will be served. Prayers for the family, and loss of Julie.
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: add. links Reply with quote

http://www.nbc4i.com/news/6596000/detail.html

Teenager Pleads Not Guilty To Woman's Murder
Saleh Held Without Bond

POSTED: 3:14 pm EST January 30, 2006
UPDATED: 6:45 pm EST January 30, 2006

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- After being acquitted in an unrelated rape case, a teenager returned to court Monday, answering to charges in connection with the death of Julie Popovich.

Adam Saleh

Adam Saleh, 19, pleaded not guilty to aggravated murder, kidnapping, attempted rape and tampering with evidence. Saleh's attorney waived bond, but requested to ask for bond at a later date, NBC 4's Nancy Burton reported.

"It's questionable that he's going to stay in jail. He doesn't want to stay in jail, but I think we would like to know who the judge that'll be trying the case and then go to him for the bond situation," said Stewart Benis, Saleh's attorney.

Popovich, 20, of Reynoldsburg, was last seen in a bar north of the Ohio State campus in August 2005. Her skeletal remains were found in a Blendon Township soybean field a month later.

Victim's Mother Talks With NBC 4
SLIDESHOW: Images Of Suspect In Court
SLIDESHOWS: Julie Popovich | Chopper 4 Images | Images From Vigil

Saleh was found not guilty on three counts of rape on Friday. In the rape trial, the alleged victim, a 39-year-old Zanesville woman, claimed that Saleh had raped her in the back seat of her car.

Saleh admitted being in the same bar as Popovich the night she disappeared and was considered a suspect in her death, NBC 4 reported. He denied any involvement in the slaying during a jailhouse interview he gave to NBC 4 after he was arrested on the rape charge.

Popovich's mother granted an exclusive interview to NBC 4 after seeing the man accused of murdering her daughter for the first time.

"It was very daunting, seeing him for the first time and knowing this is the man that killed my daughter," White said. "I need to hear his explanation as to why. I want to know the details and I want to know why he killed my daughter."

The victim's mother said she already knows what punishment she thinks is appropriate.

"(I want him to be sentenced to) life in prison. I don't want the death penalty. I want him to live to be an old man in prison and I want him to fear for his life every day, just as Julie feared for hers," said Peggy White, Popovich's mother.

The indictment against Saleh was sealed when it was filed because the prosecutor did not want to prejudice the jury that heard the rape trial. The indictment was unsealed minutes after Friday's verdict was read in court.

There was no word on what judge will preside over the case or when Saleh's attorney will ask for bond.

Watch NBC 4 and refresh nbc4i.com for additional information.

Previous Stories:
January 26, 2006: Man Indicted In Connection With Popovich Murder
January 25, 2006: Woman Confronts Rape Suspect In Court
January 24, 2006: Rape Trial Begins For Man Suspected In Woman's Death
November 21, 2005: Suspect In Woman's Murder Denies Any Involvement
September 19, 2005: Man Suspected In Popovich's Homicide Appears In Court
September 7, 2005: Man Questioned About Popovich Homicide Identified
September 6, 2005: Police Question Man About Popovich's Homicide
September 5, 2005: Police Identify Woman's Remains As Julie Popovich
September 3, 2005: Body Identified As Missing 20-Year-Old
September 1, 2005: Woman's Remains Found Near Hoover Dam
August 25, 2005: Prayer Vigil Held For Missing Woman
August 25, 2005: Missing Woman's ID Found Near Reservoir
August 24, 2005: Missing Persons Cases Revisited
August 24, 2005: Reward Increased In Popovich Case
August 20, 2005: Police Increase Efforts To Find Popovich
August 19, 2005: Family Of Missing Model Intensify Search
August 17, 2005: Local Model Disappears From Area Bar

GG)
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One would think that there would be some DNA evidence. A transcipt of the evidence of the rape victim might be enlightening. Julie's Mother seems very convinced that he's the one that harmed her daughter. I don't suspect she has lightly weighed out her words, they are very powerful. We will see what happens. Daddy must have lots of money if buddy thinks he is getting out on bail?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: