www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Perfect Husband: The Laci Peterson Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: The Perfect Husband: The Laci Peterson Story Reply with quote

I just watched the TV movie about the Laci Peterson case. It was well done - well cast.

I noticed in the credits that a Lisa DePaulo (the one who wrote the Talk Magazine article on the Chandra Levy case?) was involved with the production.
fallout

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane,

Was it on Court TV or Lifetime?

I'll look to see if they re-run it.

How sleazy was the actor who played Scott?

James
jane

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it on Women's Television Network.
rd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Book publishers wouldn't consider Murder on a Horse Trail because Chandra's case is not closed, or in other words is allegedly an open case. I expect the same thing is true of movies. I had checked and the only books on Laci's murder were one by American Media and one self-published.

Now that Laci's case is closed, all the books and now movies can come out about it. Nothing can be said about Chandra, though, hence the couple of attempts at fictional references to the circumstances in Chandra's case, one of which immediately brought a lawsuit from Carolyn.

If we had not at least brought something out about it with Murder on a Horse Trail, the facts surrounding her disappearance would have been completely forgotten, and largely not understood.

But the threat of a lawsuit to publishers and movie producers keeps that information limited to here and the few who may see it here and be interested enough to read it.

They all know Condit would just love to sue somebody else, even though he always settles his lawsuit for an apology for any misunderstandings when his bluff fails to produce a buy off and instead he must answer questions.

But no one wants to have anything to do with true crime, only true convictions.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laci's mom is writing a book about her daughter, "For Laci". From the Modesto Bee:

www.modbee.com (fair use)
http://www.modbee.com/reports/peterson/trial/story/11633190p-12363502c.html

Mother writes of Laci's life, the trial
Sharon Rocha shares intimate thoughts on traumatic experience
By GARTH STAPLEY
BEE STAFF WRITER
December 28, 2005

The unspeakable grief of losing a child and grandchild to family murder crashes down in every chapter of "For Laci," a book by Laci Peterson's mother scheduled to hit bookshelves Saturday.

(snip)

Most of the eight books published about Modesto's blockbuster double-murder case have focused on Scott Peterson, who arrived on death row in March. In contrast, Rocha's book — subtitled "A Mother's Story of Love, Loss and Justice" — provides by far the best look at the soul of the victim.

As only a mother could.

"She deserves to be remembered for her life, not her death," Rocha wrote.

Rocha, who has been taping interviews in anticipation of a book tour, wrote in an author's note that she plans to "use money from this book to start a fund for search and rescue in memory of Laci and Conner."

(snip)

"For Laci" takes the reader through Laci Rocha's idyllic childhood, full of cheerleading, fireworks sparklers and boyfriends, to her college courtship by the handsome and charismatic Scott Peterson.

Though millions followed the Christmas Eve 2002 missingperson case of the pretty, pregnant substitute teacher and her husband's 2004 trial, Rocha tells it through the eyes of a sleepdeprived, grief-stricken mother and grandmother.

"By going through all this again (in 'For Laci,'), this time on my terms, I hoped to start the healing process and repair some of my hurt and heartbreak," Rocha wrote. "That has proved to be unrealistic. I still cry every day. My wound has remained large and fresh. I don't know if I'll ever heal."

(snip)

Scott Peterson stunned those searching for his missing wife by announcing that he had arranged for a pet psychic to interview the couple's dog. He canceled that when Rocha blew up and said the idea was ridiculous.

Rocha was struck by a psychic's description of Scott Peterson murdering her daughter and dumping her body in San Francisco Bay — enough to drive there for an eerie "confirmation" a month before the bodies were recovered nearby. That was exactly two years before a judge affirmed his death sentence.

"It wasn't just the wind I struggled against," Rocha wrote. "The longer I was there and the more I looked, the more I knew in my soul that Laci was out there. I felt it so strongly. … I stared out at that place where water and sky converged and I felt an umbilical tug between me and my daughter. She was there, I was certain."

(snip)

On the Net: www.lacipeterson.com lists Sharon Rocha's tentative schedule of book-tour interviews, including USA Today Jan. 5, People magazine Jan. 6, "Dateline NBC" Jan. 8, "Today" show (NBC) and "Larry King Live" (CNN) Jan. 9, and Nancy Grace (Court TV) and Greta Van Susteren (Fox) Jan. 10.

Bee staff writer Garth Stapley can be reached at 578-2390 or gstapley@modbee.com.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Sounds like very powerful writing. I am so sorry that Laci's mother and others like her have had to endure such pain. There must be something (like a conscience) missing from anyone who would inflict such torment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: