www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sue Ann Ray Missing GA August 2005-Cousin missing too!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you, Goz, I spent a few years in Georgia. Long enough to know the good people there deserve more than losing their loved daughters and sisters and mothers and friends like Sue Ann and Tara because they became inconvenient to some man.

Nancy Grace had on Sue Ann's dad and a NASA engineer. The dad had been trying to get law enforcement to ask NASA to enhance the Wal-Mart parking lot video surveillance but getting no response.

Nancy got them together live on tv and while NASA needs to get the info from law enforcement they now know who has what and what is being asked. Very heartwarming to see Nancy in action and getting somewhere.

The NASA engineer explained that they were first called in in 1996 to enhance video taken in the Atlanta park for the bombing that Richard Jewell was accused of but Eric Rudolph recently convicted of. Also helped enhance video in the Carlie Brucia [see Car wash surveillance camera catches kidnapping] and Elizabeth Smart [see Elizabeth Smart found!] disappearances and other cases such as store video of an attempted abduction of a girl in a store in WV (I recall the abductor drove I-64 across Kentucky to WV to throw law enforcement off who would be trying to look for a local perv perp. Told the girl he was store security and tried to walk out of the store with her. I believe she raised a ruckus which saved her life for sure.)

Anyway, NASA has done some good stuff and hopefully at least will get a chance to try to enhance the video. All it took was a phone call but who knows, maybe there is no video to enhance but law enforcement doesn't want anybody to know that. Or maybe they think there's nothing but an enhancement could turn up something. Sue Ann's dad doesn't know, and I get a feeling NASA won't get a chance to know either.

This is all happening in Atlanta, and it just so happens that I was working for an image software company in Atlanta in the 80's named ZSoft. We made PC Paintbrush with the PCX file format. I wrote the scanner drivers but Mark Zachmann who founded the company and wrote PC Paintbrush taught me enough to do it.

Anyway, with much less than they are now we still did a lot with PC's back then. When the NASA engineer mentioned some image enhancement software they developed, I wanted to show a simple example of what something like that can look like. I developed this one weekend as a brainstorm, but again, I was just in an environment of really great imaging programmers and picked up enough to come up with an idea. NASA has professional algorithms but these pictures will show the concept of creating more for the eye from the information available.

The first is a famous black and white etching of an optical illusion of a waterfall from Escher. The second is an enhancement of that where my program analyzes the image and adds in with shades of gray for the viewer. The third is the enhanced image in pseudocolor to see the patterns of depth generated from the analysis.

(fair use for discussion)

(my image enhanced version with grayscale depth)

(a pseudocolor rendition of the image enhancement)

rd

[edit June 4, 2016: I happened to look at this post again doing some work on my site and realized that within about a year of this I did my own surveilance image enhancement and analysis for Jennifer Kesse's disappearance. It is here: Blowup of Jennifer Kesse person of interest / suspect

Could my posting about the Ray's family's request for NASA to enhance Sue Ann's surveillance images have got me to thinking of looking at Jennifer Kesse's surveillance images? Possibly. Jennifer disappeared two months after I made this post. I posted some thoughts on her disappearance, there were a lot of details and a lot to consider, but didn't take a look at the surveillance of her car parked by someone the next day. I only had a laptop with dialup internet and it was said by police there was little to see, and I wasn't set up for videos anyway. That was true in the years before throughout the Chandra Levy case and writing my book. I never did look at Chandra Levy videos made avalable on the internet or those cable tv crime shows with all that looping video stuff. That stuff was just a distraction to me, and neither my laptop nor my head was wired for it.

Then I happened to look at three stills from the surveillance camera that were posted possibly on the Kesse family site. What I did have with my simple dialup internet laptop was a 19 inch glass CRT monitor plugged in to the back. With today's miniaturization and high resolution equipment, I never would have seen what I saw. But I still had simple equipment then, and I saw it. The findings and analysis has been posted at the link above since 2007 and still hasn't done a bit of good, but was worth every minute of the weeks I spent on it.

In re-reading the post on the image analysis above, just had to share my thoughts on what followed.]

read the online true crime mystery novel
Murder on a Horse Trail: The Disappearance of Chandra Levy
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Transcript- Nancy Grace- SueAnn Ray-11/23/05 Reply with quote

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0511/23/ng.01.html

Air Date: November 23, 2005

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

QUINTON RAY, SUEANN RAY`S ESTRANGED HUSBAND: I`m one of the few that still do believe she`s still alive, but as the days pass on, I don`t know. We wasn`t together, you know, a lot. She had her own living, her own life and doing her own stuff. I don`t know what went on.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: That is the estranged husband of 26-year-old Sueann Ray, now missing over a month. Her car -- hey, Elizabeth (ph), could you show me where her car was parked? Her car found parked in a mall full of cars. Why didn`t anyone see anything?

I want to go straight out to Don Plummer. He`s been on the case from the get-go. He is a chief reporter with "The Atlanta Journal Constitution." Don, did we ever get video from inside that -- what was it, a Wal-Mart?

DON PLUMMER, "ATLANTA JOURNAL CONSTITUTION": Well, the police have it, but we have not seen it. This is day 90 since Sueann Ray disappeared.

GRACE: Good Lord! I didn`t realize 90 full days had passed, Don.

PLUMMER: That`s right. That`s right, 90 days, and so far, no suspects, no arrests, $106,000 reward. But there is no way to know where she may be because, so far, there`s been no trace of her, no signs, no physical evidence at all.

GRACE: To Jane Velez-Mitchell, investigative reporter. Bring our viewers up to date on the case of Sueann Ray.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, this is such a difficult case. This is a mother, 26 years old. Now, according to the estranged husband, she went over to his property to get her minivan fixed. Now, Sueann Ray`s dad has questions about that explanation, saying that he believes that Sueann was possibly upset that their 6-year-old daughter was taken out of school and that she actually went over to visit the estranged husband to have a word with him about that. So you have two conflicting stories right there.

That was the last time that anybody saw her, when she went, supposedly, if you believe the estranged husband, to get that minivan fixed. Now, that minivan showed up three days later parked in this Wal- Mart in a very unusual fashion. It was backed up, something that her relatives say she would never do, she didn`t even know how to back up a minivan. It was also suspiciously clean as a whistle, something that her friends and family say does not jibe with Sueann.

So what happened to her? Where did she go? According to the estranged husband, he said that she had planned to visit her father in a neighboring town. The dad says, well, when she didn`t show up, he assumed that she had made other plans. And then a couple of days later, she is missing. So this is again another mystery...

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Look at this. The spot where the van was backed in is the very last spot in a huge Wal-Mart parking lot. There you see, at the very, very end. Thanks, Chris (ph). That was where her van was found.

Speaking of Sueann`s father, Danny Jenkins is with us. Danny, I know tomorrow is going to be horrible for you, on Thanksgiving day.

DANNY JENKINS, SUEANN RAY`S FATHER: Yes, it`s going to be terrible, Nancy.

GRACE: What do you think police are doing now to find your girl?

JENKINS: Well, since I hired a private investigator, they`re doing a whole lot. They don`t want to -- they don`t want one man to solve this case when the GBI has multitudes.

GRACE: You know, Danny, I noticed in other cases, they have horses looking, dogs looking, helicopters. They did none of that in the Sueann Ray case.

JENKINS: I`ve asked many, many questions. I would love to sit down with the governor and the director of GBI and just find out what`s their motive.

GRACE: As to the way the search is being conducted?

JENKINS: The whole investigation, Nancy. Nancy, there was evidence found on that van the very day that they should have arrested him the first day.

GRACE: And he`s still not named as an official suspect.

We`ll all be right back. With us, Sueann Ray`s father, Danny Jenkins, and Don Plummer of "The Atlanta Journal Constitution."

As you know, we at NANCY GRACE want very much to help, help solve unsolved homicides, find missing people. Take a look at 16-year-old Elizabeth Johnson -- 16! She disappeared August 29, 2005, Chicago. If you have info on Elizabeth Johnson, contact Chicago Police, 312-747-8274, or go on line to Beyondmissing.com. Please help us.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

SUSAN HENDRICKS, CNN HEADLINE NEWS ANCHOR: Hi, everyone. I`m Susan Hendricks. Here`s your "Headline Prime Newsbreak" now.

A tragic accident in Chicago during the busy holiday rush hour tonight. Authorities say at least 13 people were hurt, at least three critically, when a metro commuter train crossed a suburban intersection and plowed into at least a dozen vehicles. An eyewitness says several cars went around the crossing gates before the train arrived.

In Las Vegas now, authorities had their hands full trying to remove a car left dangling outside of a parking deck. Witnesses say the car crashed through the wall on the third level of the Golden Nugget hotel. As you can see, the car is wedged against the telephone pole that may have kept it from plunging to the pavement.

In New Jersey, authorities say they`re setting aside a special area at Giants Stadium for people who want to pray. In September, several Muslim fans were detained and questioned by the FBI. The men say they were singled out because of their religion.

And that is the news for now. I`m Susan Hendricks. Back to NANCY GRACE.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SANDY CHASM, SISTER OF SUEANN RAY: It`s been horrible. It`s been a nightmare. It`s like it`s a bad dream and you just don`t wake up.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Welcome back. SueAnn Ray now missing nearly 90 days. What are police doing to try to find her?

Straight out to her father, Danny Jenkins. You brought in a private eye. Why?

DANNY JENKINS, SUEANN RAY`S FATHER: Well, because I went 44 days without anyone telling me anything, nothing, I mean, not zero, zilch. You call them five times, they won`t call you back. You call them 10 times, they won`t call you back.

GRACE: Who exactly is "they"?

JENKINS: The GBI. I`ve called Vernon Keenan`s office time and time again. In fact, I called on day 69 headed up here to see you. And a lady by the name of Janet Olivia called me back and she says, "Well, honey, have you reported her missing?" This is the GBI calling a dad back.

GRACE: For once, I`m speechless. They said, "Have you reported her missing?"

JENKINS: Yes, ma`am. Her name is Janet Olivia. "Honey, have you reported her missing?"

GRACE: Danny, I am so sorry. I can`t even imagine what you`re going through. What are they telling you?

JENKINS: Nothing. They`re working on it.

GRACE: But what specifically are they doing?

JENKINS: Nothing. They`re working on it. They won`t go into specifics. They will admit nothing.

GRACE: I want to go back to Don Plummer with the "Atlanta Journal Constitution." Don, if this is true, it`s horrific. It`s inexcusable.

DON PLUMMER, REPORTER, "ATLANTA JOURNAL CONSTITUTION": Yes. It`s certainly been a nightmare for the family. It`s the kind of case that you`d like to say we could solve immediately.

The problem has been that they have been delayed in getting searches done. They`ve had problems with getting search warrants. What searches have been conducted, the officials have had sealed by the court. So there`s really no way of saying what evidence they have.

We know they had a videotape from that parking lot. But we don`t know whether they actually saw anything on it.

There was a video inside of the Wal-Mart store of her shopping prior to going to her estranged husband`s house. There`s no contact after that. And, because there was no physical evidence of any violence within the van, I believe that they were a little bit stymied to begin with.

It was a city police department. They didn`t have jurisdiction outside of their area. It`s a multi-jurisdictional crime. I believe it would have been very helpful if they had gone this way before, but it took them almost two months before the GBI actually was made the lead investigative agency.

GRACE: And now they don`t even know there`s a missing persons report.

Danny Jenkins, isn`t it true that tracker dogs led authorities to the home of her estranged husband`s parents?

JENKINS: Yes, ma`am, on day 21. We had nine teams of dogs come in and her scent was led to their driveway.

GRACE: Is this private investigator expensive?

JENKINS: Very.

GRACE: How are you going to pay him?

JENKINS: I`m (INAUDIBLE) part-time job.

GRACE: Are you serious?

JENKINS: Yes, ma`am. I`ve got to. I`ve got to get my daughter back. I can`t depend on the GBI. I can`t depend -- John See (ph) will solve this case. And then, when he does, maybe he`ll be the head of the GBI.

GRACE: What kind of second job are you going to get?

JENKINS: I have no idea. I guess I`ll go to Wal-Mart and sack groceries or something.

GRACE: And speaking of Wal-Mart, Dr. Jeff Gardere, psychologist, you know she`s not on that video. She was there earlier in the day. She was last seen at her estranged husband`s auto garage -- it was near his home -- to get an oil change. That takes about 15 minutes.

The two got into an argument because he had taken their little girl out of school that day and taken her to his parents` house. He was not authorized to do that. She missed a 7:30 p.m. appointment.

Between 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., she`s gone, Jeff. She`s not shopping in the Wal-Mart at 7:00 at night when she`s supposed to be out for cheerleading practice tryout for her little girl, Jeff. She`s not on that video.

JEFF GARDERE, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Absolutely. And I think...

GRACE: Somebody took her car there.

GARDERE: Yes. I think we have to look at the evidence, which is that, in fact, they have had an explosive history, these two people. And I think Danny Jenkins, as the dad, knows something. He`s telling as much as he can.

But he knows that there is a history between SueAnn Ray and between Quinton Ray, that Quinton, in fact, may be a suspect and may have the motive. I`m not saying he did it, of course, but he may, in fact, have the motive more than anyone else.

GRACE: And, of course, Quinton Ray has not been named as a suspect by police.

As a matter of fact, to John Patrick Dolan, a veteran defense attorney, right now Quinton Ray, the estranged husband, could leave the country. There are no restrictions on him at all.

JOHN PATRICK DOLAN, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, you`re absolutely right about that. And we have to remember this: We want to get to the bottom of each of the cases that we`re talking about. But we want to make sure that we don`t encourage law enforcement to become overzealous and ruin a case. We want to make sure that we don`t reveal facts that are unique to the case...

GRACE: Overzealous? Overzealous?

DOLAN: Yes, well, they`re not yet, that`s for sure.

GRACE: Hello? They didn`t even know there was a missing persons report. I don`t think we have to worry about them going too far.

DOLAN: Well, you don`t now, but they might, based on the fact that you`re bringing this attention to the case. And you just want to make sure that you don`t cause problems. You want to make sure you don`t release...

GRACE: You mean, you don`t want the police to work too hard?

(CROSSTALK)

DOLAN: ... information.

GRACE: That`s just what you want, isn`t it, Dolan, as a defense lawyer? You don`t want the police to work too hard.

DOLAN: No, no. I don`t want them to work so hard that they start beating confessions out of people rather than getting them properly. That`s what I`m referring to.

GRACE: Hey, you know what? John, I don`t think we have to worry about this. I guarantee you all non-suspects are going to be at their Thanksgiving tables tomorrow having a nice big piece of turkey while Danny Jenkins is trying to figure out what second job he`s going to take to hire a private investigator.

To "Atlanta Journal Constitution" reporter Don Plummer. Don, you`ve been on the case from the very beginning. Didn`t you think it would be solved by now?

PLUMMER: Well, it looked like at first that there was a good bit of activity. They did do several searches. It looked like there was a lot of activity when they raised the reward to $105,000. That trailed off after a while.

In October, the Woodstock police, which had been the lead agency, stopped talking at all. They said all of their evidence had been given to the GBI. They actually have now said, "Please, if you have any tips, don`t call us, call the GBI."

After that, there was one incident in which Quinton Ray, the estranged husband, was involved in an altercation with a man that he believed had been having an affair with SueAnn Ray. There were several points in this case when it looked like it may be solved. But 90 days have passed, and so far nothing.

GRACE: And, of course, today no comment from Quinton Ray, the estranged husband. He actually went on air a couple of days ago to declare his innocence. Elizabeth, let me see if you can pull that up.

And in the meantime, to Danny Jenkins, where did the $106,000 come from?

JENKINS: Five thousand came from the Carol fund foundation; $1,000 came from Governor Perdue, and I`ve got a personal friend that put up $100,000.

GRACE: You know what? Everybody, we are at our wits end trying to help find SueAnn Ray. She`s now been missing 90 full days. It`s going to be awfully hard for us here, along with her family, to sit down at Thanksgiving, knowing that there`s that empty plate where SueAnn Ray should be with her little girl there at the table.

If you have any information on SueAnn Ray, please dial 800-597-TIPS. The reward is up to $106,000. Please help us.

Edit transcript from Nancy Grace with SueAnn Ray section

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link is under my sub. to the Atlanta Paper- online. * The link is probably available via other sites if needed. GG)

Police mum over missing Woodstock mother

By DON PLUMMER
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 11/26/05
Since Sueann Ray vanished Aug. 26, the mystery surrounding the Woodstock mother's fate has only deepened.

No arrests have been made, despite a more than $100,000 reward to entice tipsters. And the police have stopped talking.

MOST POPULAR STORIES
PRINT THIS
MOST POPULAR

DESCRIPTION OF SUEANN RAY
• Hair: Blonde
• Eyes: Green
• Weight: 110
• Height: 5'0"
• Race: Caucasian
• Distinguishing Marks: A red and black tribal tattoo on her lower back and a flower tattoo on her left ankle.
• Contact: If you have information about Sueann Ray, call the Georgia Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-597-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous.

A month ago, Woodstock police stopped commenting on the case except to say that any information or evidence they receive goes straight to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Any tips from the public should be phoned to the GBI tip line, said Woodstock detective Sgt. Dan King, who had been leading the investigation.

GBI spokesman John Bankhead said his agency is investigating the case, which spans several jurisdictions, but he offered few specifics. GBI Agent John Cagle, who Bankhead said is leading the investigation, refused to discuss the case.

"There's been too much talk about this case already, so I'm not going to comment at all," Cagle said during a brief telephone interview.

Back when King was talking, he said one thing publicly about Ray's estranged husband, and another thing to a fellow officer. Neither Woodstock Assistant Police Chief Jim Free nor King would discuss why King told another officer that Ray's estranged husband is a suspect "in her suspicious death."

Despite King's remarks, police still haven't publicly named any suspects nor is there any evidence that Sueann Ray is dead.

About the time that Woodstock police distanced themselves from the investigation, Ray's family hired its own private investigator, citing frustration with the lack of police progress. Former Cherokee County Sheriff John Seay, hired Oct. 24, said he is making progress three months after Sueann Ray disappeared.

Ray was last seen by her estranged husband when he said she stopped by his Pickens County home on Aug. 26. Quinton Ray said his wife left from there to pick up their daughter from his parents' home in nearby Ball Ground. He said his wife, from whom he had been separated for seven months, was then bound for Augusta to visit with her father for the weekend.

Sueann Ray's minivan was found three days later in a Canton Wal-Mart parking lot.

After an initial flurry of public searches the case went dormant until early October, when it drew national publicity after Sueann Ray's family and friends announced a $105,000 reward in the case. A flurry of tips at the time has again trailed off.

Sueann's father, Danny Jenkins, said he hopes Seay, who was sheriff from 1989 to 1993 after 16 years as a Cobb County police officer, can jump-start the investigation.

"We've done everything we can think of, and we'll do whatever we can to find Sueann," Jenkins said. Since he started looking for his elder daughter, Jenkins said sleep won't come. Jenkins, who wears his daughter's picture pinned to his lapel, carries an 8-by-10-inch framed photo of Sueann to meetings with officials and media interviews.

Jenkins said he has asked Seay to look at every possible suspect.

Some evidence in the case may not be available to Seay. That includes evidence seized during a police search of Quinton Ray's home and auto repair shop. The results of that search were sealed by a judge.

For his part, Quinton Ray said he wants Sueann to be found alive. Quinton Ray's attorney, David Cannon, said Ray is fully cooperating with police.

When Sueann did not arrive as expected in Augusta that weekend, Jenkins said he began calling her cell phone, but he only got voice mail.

Jenkins heart nearly stopped on Monday, Aug. 29, when another daughter called to say Sueann's boss had told her Sueann hadn't come to work.

"It is the sinkingist feeling I've ever had," Jenkins recalls. "She was super responsible and never missed work."

About 11 p.m. that Monday, Sueann Ray's maroon 1998 Ford Windstar was found — backed into a space on the far side of the Wal-Mart parking lot on Riverstone Parkway in Canton. There was no sign of a struggle inside the vehicle, King said.

The video from the lot's surveillance camera was taken by police, but they will not say what it showed. A couple of things were odd things about the vehicle, however, Ray's sister said.

"Well, for one thing it was clean, not trashy inside, and that was unlike my sister," Sandy Chasm said. The other sign of foul play, she said, is that Ray never backed into a parking space. "She couldn't even back up a bicycle," Chasm said.

Four weeks later, Quinton Ray was identified as a suspect in a police report about a related incident obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

On Sept. 25, Emerson police Lt. Kevin McBurnett diffused a situation between Ray and another man at an area bar. McBurnett wrote in his report of the incident that while speaking with King that evening, the Woodstock detective said Ray had been arrested for threatening the other man, who King said had been having an affair with Sueann Ray.

That's when, according to McBurnett, King called Quinton Ray "a suspect in his wife's suspicious death."

Earlier this month Jenkins confronted Quinton Ray during a bankruptcy hearing for Ray. Jenkins approached his son-in-law and asked him to take a polygraph test. Ray did not respond at the time, but Jenkins said Ray, through a representative, since has said he will take a GBI-administered polygraph test.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: comments Reply with quote

First, Rd as you well stated about GA:

rd:
Quote:
Like you, Goz, I spent a few years in Georgia. Long enough to know the good people there deserve more than losing their loved daughters and sisters and mothers and friends like Sue Ann and Tara because they became inconvenient to some man.

That is true. I have lived a couple different places, and traveled a bit in life, but I will always consider GA my true home, (the people, my old friends, my career). I do not know what has been going on in the Southern States as of late with all the missing people, murders, etc.

Sometimes I feel like it is like novels I read when I was a kid, The hot sweltering heat, etc., being the cause-Not that many areas in GA have that heat like part of FL, etc. -- yet I try to find the reason for this rage of crime.

Yet, recently I read I think Detroit still is the murder capitol. I have the stats somewhere. But- I think that works by the population of the states. I just think the heinous crimes take place in the South, and various other sunny States. Also areas where prisoners can hide freely, and blend.

Nobody should be inconvenient to anyone rd, or die in any fashion by another's hand. I will always believe that. In fact, nobody should be hunted down, stalked or a victim of a crime in a perfect world, and NOT prosecuted.

And- I can't wait to see when OLE' ESTRANGED HUSBAND QUENTIN TAKES THAT POLYGRAPH-hum, guess if he does it will be private!!

Let's all remember to be safe and if we know anyone in trouble let us be an example and help those who need it, like rd has done. My letter to for SueAnn is going out this week. It has been on hold.

Bless us all.

Justice for SueAnn and her family.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Visiting Sueann's Line / Writing Reply with quote

I visited and signed up at Sueann's webpage the other day to catch up on the latest news. (rd said to mention that here). I have found out nothing new on the investigation.

I know everyone is busy, but if you get a chance, please go over there and take a look at the page and show your support.

http://www.findsueann.org/index.html

Also, I have sent my letter to the Governor of the State, The Honorable Sonny Perdue this morning. I have finally had it printed, Hopefully- the disc was given to someone else*

I wrote Sueann's father Danny too to show support and received a note back from him. He also requested that the State Senators are dropped a note too so the investigation can move forward.

I will be sending letters on this matter too.

My thoughts are with Sueann's Family.

Prayers for them and I hope the letters and phone calls are working.

http://www.findsueann.org/index.html

If you get a chance, please click on the link and drop or call the Governor

Thank you

Happy Holidays

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: A night for SueAnn- Dec. 18, 05 Reply with quote

http://www.findsueann.org/ANightForSueAnn.html

Please go to the site for more information:

Sunday, December 18- 2005

A Community Prayer Vigil will be held for SueAnn Ray
beginning at 6pm

---Held at the Walmart where her car was found
after she disappeared.

If you can attend, please click the link for more information.

Thank you.

Prayers for SueAnn, and her family

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An item I picked up from Nancy Grace's show tonight was that Sue Ann had had her van serviced the week before, so this thing from the ex about her bringing her van over for her him to change the oil or some such nonsense is a total lie, which is par for the course.

He had taken their daughter, which she had custody of and for which he did not permission to do, out of school and taken to his parents house. It's almost as if he knew she would disappear.

Go figure.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on Sue Ann tonight on Nancy Grace. Custody battle for her little girl with the father trying to gain custody. My goodness, someone name this guy a suspect already.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: coments Reply with quote

I caught some of Nancy Grace Rd. Also, I read an article on the custody battle. I will look for it in my fav's. I should have saved it so I can print the story.

It seems the holidays as you stated are not a very happy time for all this year for these families. Very sad.

Also: I caught the part on Tara, and most of what was said by the the Rogers family. Hoping to get an update here as I missed the beginning of it and felt lost.

Thank God for media coverage and our board taking the time to honor these women. This is just so heartbreaking to read all this and know how many are suffering.

The pics you put up on the shopping mall look pretty accurate, btw as a reflection of most of the places in GA.

As a sidenote on SueAnn's case: I have not heard back from the Governor yet, but look forward to hearing from him and the State Senators.

And yes, please arrest this guy soon! He needs to be locked away.

Happy Holidays all on this board. May you have peace, happiness, and love.

Prayers and warm thoughts for the families, and the missing.

with love

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Custody Battle Reply with quote

Comment: I have also received another note from SueAnn's Dad thanking me for my help. I responded and told him to please count on me for whatever he may need assistance for. I asked him to let me know in particular what State Senators of GA would be helpful for letters to be addressed to by me.

I wished him a Happy Holidays in spite of what the family is going through. (GG)

Scroll down for article.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cherokee/1205/22metsueann.html

(note:under my online sub.)

Missing woman's 6-year-old subject of custody fight

By BY DON PLUMMER
Published on: 12/22/05

The daughter of a Woodstock woman missing nearly four months is at the center of a custody battle between her father and her mother's family.

A Pickens County judge on Wednesday set a hearing for Jan. 13 on the question of where 6-year-old Charity Ray will live. Until then the Woodstock elementary school student will continue living with her godparents, where she has been since her mother, Sueann Ray, disappeared Aug. 26.

(ENLARGE)
Sueann Ray poses for a family portrait with husband Quinton Ray and their daughter, Charity. SueAnn Ray was last seen Aug. 26, and her abandoned vehicle was found three days later. Charity is now 6 years old.

DESCRIPTION OF SUEANN RAY
• Hair: Blond
• Eyes: Green
• Weight: 110 pounds
• Height: 5 feet
• Race: Caucasian
• Distinguishing marks: A red and black tattoo (Indian design) on her lower back and a flower tattoo on her left ankle.
• Contact: If you have information about Sueann Ray, call the Georgia Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-597-8477. Callers can remain anonymous.

After a two-hour closed hearing on a request by Charity's father, Quinton Ray, to regain custody of his daughter, Juvenile Court Judge John Worcester–Holland issued a gag order preventing Ray or his wife's family from discussing the case.

"They've told me I can't talk about the case, but I will say today was a victory," Danny Jenkins, Sueann's father, said as he left the courthouse in Jasper. "We have a way to go before Charity will be with us, but we won't be giving up."

Quinton Ray declined to comment on the custody battle or on the search for his estranged wife.

Ray previously said he last saw his wife when she came to his home Aug. 26 to have him do some work on her Ford Windstar minivan. The car was found abandoned three days later in a Canton Wal-Mart parking lot.

Authorities are refusing to comment on the status of the case.

After an initial flurry of public searches the case went dormant until early October, when it drew national publicity after Sueann Ray's family and friends announced a $105,000 reward.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Custody Battle/other Reply with quote

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=74544

Battle for Missing Mother's Child

Paul Crawley reports

Charity Ray holds a candle at a vigil for her mising mother, Sueann Ray, shown inset.

Quinton Ray

Web Editor: Sean Rowe
Reported By: Paul Crawley
Last Modified: 1/13/2006 12:14:09 PM

Though she’s been missing since last year, the mother of a 6-year-old girl from Cherokee County, will be at the center of a custody hearing Friday.

Quinton Ray, the father of Charity Ray, is battling with his estranged wife’s friends and family for custody of the young girl. Her mother and Quinton’s estranged wife, Sueann Ray of Woodstock, Ga., has been missing since August 26, 2005.

Efforts by Woodstock police investigators to locate Sueann have included two canine searches of Quinton’s home in Pickens County. Authorities said results from both efforts have been sealed by a county judge.

On Friday, though, a judge is expected to rule on who will care for Charity, the daughter of Quinton and Sueann. Since Sueann vanished about four months ago, her best friend, Leslie Colley, has looked after Charity.

“It’s tough and all I can do is just comfort her and give her as much support and love as I can,” Colley said.

Woodstock police reported finding Sueann’s minivan abandoned at a Wal-Mart in Canton, Ga., just a few days after the 26-year-old mother went to visit Quinton at his home in Jasper, Ga.

Police say Quinton admitted to doing some work on his wife’s van, but said he had nothing to do with her disappearance. The woman’s father, Danny Jenkins, and several of her relatives told 11Alive News they don’t believe him.

Jenkins said, “I mean, on Monday, the 29th, what happened to my little girl? I just gotta convince the authorities.”

Woodstock police said they questioned Quinton several times about his wife’s disappearance, but had yet to formally name him as a suspect in their investigation.

Meanwhile, Colley told 11Alive News “I want answers” about what happened to her best friend and mother of her young charge.

“And, I try to keep strong for her. I don’t want her to see me cry,” she said.

On Friday, Sueann’s loved ones said they hoped to keep the child’s father from being granted custody of his daughter.

Woodstock police have refused to comment on the status of Sueann’s disappearance. Also, the judge in Friday’s custody hearing put a gag order on all parties involved in the matter.

Meanwhile, a $105,000 reward in the case is being offered by Sueann Ray’s friends and family.

GG)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

****I wish they would arrest this guy. I'm just sick of these guys getting rid of their wives by murdering them. Wonder if Quinton ever took his polygraph test? Doubt it. And what did the police find at this house that they are keeping under wraps? I hope it is hard evidence that can speed up a solid arrest.

I am still working on this case. Sadly, The Governor of GA did not return my letter. This will lead me to phone the office soon. Not use to not receiving replies to my letters. Waiting on more returns and sending more letters for searches to be done for the family.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Nancy Grace Tonight: SueAnn's Case Discussed Reply with quote

Sueann Ray will be featured again on Nancy Grace on Friday 1-27-06 on your CNN Network. 8PM Est. (Check your local listings please)

Let us hope new information will be aired tonight and the family will
be closer to finding SueAnn and an arrest will be made.

GG)

From the Site: http://www.findsueann.org/index.html

Blessings to the family.
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Psychics asked to help in Sueann Ray case Reply with quote

http://www.cherokeetribune.com/307/10208961.txt

Psychics asked to help in Sueann Ray case

Wednesday, February 1, 2006 4:02 AM EST

By Angela M. Jones

Cherokee Tribune Staff Writer

The search for a missing Woodstock woman is getting some help from the hereafter.

A team of psychic investigators from the national nonprofit organization Mediums 4 the Missing is aiding in the quest for Sueann Ray, who was last seen Aug. 26.

Mediums Laura Moore and Gabbie Chase visited the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Canton on Sunday, following information they said they received from Ms. Ray's spirit.

The store's parking lot is where her 1998 maroon Ford Windstar sport van was found three days after she went missing. The van had been neatly backed into a parking space, and the inside of the van was tidy and clean - both of which are not typical of Ms. Ray, according to her family.

"We felt compelled to come here," Mrs. Moore said of the Wal-Mart. "We wanted to see the area Sueann was telling us about, to try and gain more information about what happened to her."

Ms. Ray was last seen Aug. 26, when Woodstock police said she left her job at a trucking company in Woodstock to meet with Quinton Ray, her estranged husband, in Jasper. Police believe Ms. Ray left Jasper at 6:30 p.m. to meet someone at 7 p.m., but she never arrived, according to her family. Her cell phone also stopped working around the time she disappeared, her family said.

GBI investigator John Cagle said Ms. Ray's disappearance remains under investigation and all leads are being followed up on, but could not release any specific information about the case.

Ms. Ray's father, Danny Jenkins, said he decided to contact Mediums 4 the Missing in early October, when the GBI investigation failed to produce a suspect or his daughter's body.

"I felt like I needed some help finding my little girl," Jenkins said. "It's been 155 days now, and the GBI hasn't found a thing. There's still a family of killers running around under their noses, and it's not right."

Jenkins said he believes Ray and his family played a role in his daughter's disappearance. They have maintained their innocence.

He said he learned about the organization through his sister, Sarah Teague, whose daughter, Heather, was abducted from Madisonville, Ky., on Aug. 26, 1995.

Mrs. Moore and Mrs. Chase said their organization's mission is to aid in the search and recovery of missing persons. Both women said they use their talents as mediums, or people through whom communications are sent to the living from the spirit world.

"We believe that the spirit lives on after a person has passed on," Mrs. Chase said. "Even though that person is no longer with us, it is still possible to connect with their energy, and receive information from them."

According to Mrs. Moore, Ms. Ray's spirit described, in detail, the area where her body could be located. Her description also included the names of nearby streets, the people who were involved in her disappearance, and possible motives.

"Since we became involved in this search in October, we feel that Sueann has been moved," Mrs. Chase said. "She's still in the same area, though. She's told us where she was, within a five-mile radius, and the area her family believes she's in is well within the five miles she described to us."

Jenkins said he feels confident progress on the case could begin to improve, thanks to the mediums' involvement. He added they may have identified the location of his daughter's body.

"Mrs. Moore and Mrs. Chase are reasonably certain that they have located where my little girl's body is," Jenkins said. "When they got to a certain area of interest, they got sick to their stomachs."

Mrs. Moore explained the feelings of nausea she and Mrs. Chase felt while visiting the area is one of the ways a medium can tell they are close to their goal.

Jenkins said he is hopeful investigators will follow up on the mediums' information and that there will be a break in the case very soon.

"I'm very confident that this case will be solved very soon," he said. "Hopefully, they'll find my daughter's body out there, and then all four of the murdering SOB's who did this will be in jail."

Ms. Ray is described as 5 feet tall and weighing 110 pounds with blond hair and green eyes. She has two tattoos: a red and black tribal tattoo on her lower back and a flower on her right ankle.

Anyone with information about the case or who saw someone driving Ms. Ray's 1998 maroon with gray trim Ford Windstar sport van Ms. Ray's van, is asked to call the GBI at 1(800) 597-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous. To contact Mediums 4 the Missing, visit their Web site at www.mediums4themissing.com

ajones@cherokeetribune.com

GG) Once again, I hope this family has a positive outcome. In my opinion, at least this service has been offered-- I assume, free of charge, in one of the efforts for the search for SueAnn.

Blessings to the family. Let us hope The estranged husband will pony up with the lie detector test!!!
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: SueAnn Ray's Body Found-Estranged Husband Charged Reply with quote

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cherokee/stories/0208bodyfound.html

Estranged husband charged in missing woman's death

By DON PLUMMER
Published on: 02/08/06

The estranged husband of a Woodstock woman missing since August was arrested this morning an hour after police found his wife's body, the GBI said.
Quinton Ray, who launched a custody battle with Sueann Ray's family for the couple's daughter after her disappearance is now in the Pickens County jail, charged with murder.

Quinton Ray told police he last saw his wife when she came to his home Aug. 26 to have him do some work on her Ford Windstar minivan. The car was found abandoned three days later in a Canton Wal-Mart parking lot.
A news conference is scheduled for 1 p.m. today in Jasper, the county seat of Pickens County, said GBI spokesman John Bankhead.

Sueann Ray's father, Danny Jenkins, was traveling to Jasper when contacted by phone.

"It's a happy and sad day," Jenkins said. "I know the monster who killed my little girl is where he belongs behind bars, but my little girl will never come home."

A GBI news release said Sueann Ray's body was discovered at 8:20 this morning buried in a shallow grave in northern Cherokee County.

A hearing in the custody battle over couple's daughter, Charity Ray, 6, had been set for 9 a.m. Thursday in Jasper at the Pickens Juvenile Court.

Ray's family drew the attention of investigators when they refused permission to search their property in Ball Ground. The family recently allowed GBI investigators to walk over some of their properties, but Bankhead said at the time that no evidence in Sueann Ray's disappearance was located.

Quinton Ray's 33-year-old brother, Shannon Daniel Ray, was recently jailed on probation violation charges. Police would not say if his arrest was related to Sueann Ray's disappearance.

However, today's arrest did stem directly from information recently received by investigators, Bankhead said without elaborating.

Three days after Sueann Ray disappearance her abandoned car was found in a Canton shopping center parking lot, with her personal items inside.

Despite a more than $100,000 reward to entice tipsters the case seemed to go cold and police soon stopped talking about their investigation.

Woodstock police, who initially led the probe, handed the case over to Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Bankhead said his agency was called in because the case spans several jurisdictions. Lead GBI Agent John Cagle has refused to discuss the case.

In October, Ray's family hired its own private investigator, former Cherokee County Sheriff John Seay, citing frustration with the lack of police progress.

Danny Jenkins, said he hoped Seay, who was sheriff from 1989 to 1993 after 16 years as a Cobb County police officer, could jump-start the investigation.

"We've done everything we can think of, and we'll do whatever we can to find Sueann," Jenkins said.

Jenkins, who wears his daughter's picture pinned to his lapel, also carries an 8-by-10-inch framed photo of Sueann to meetings with officials and media interviews.

In one of his few public statements, Quinton Ray said his wife left his home south of Jasper to pick up their daughter from his parents' home in nearby Ball Ground. He said his wife, from whom he had been separated for seven months, was then bound for Augusta to visit with her father for the weekend.

No one has reported hearing from Sueann Ray since then.

In early October the case drew national publicity after Sueann Ray's family and friends announced a $105,000 reward in the case. A flurry of tips at the time trailed off. The fund has since grown to $106,000.

Possible evidence in the case includes items seized during a police search of Quinton Ray's home and auto repair shop. The results of that search were sealed by a judge.

Although refusing to comment directly, Quinton Ray's attorney, David Cannon, said Ray wanted Sueann to be found alive and was fully cooperating with police.

Jenkins reported his daughter missing after she did not arrive as expected in Augusta the weekend she disappeared, said Woodstock Police Chief David Schofield. Jenkins said he had called her cellphone over the weekend, but got only voice mail.

Jenkins said another of his daughters called him Aug. 29 to say Sueann's boss had told her Sueann hadn't come to work.

"It is the sinkingist feeling I've ever had," Jenkins recalled. "She was super responsible and never missed work."

About 11 p.m. that Monday, Sueann Ray's maroon 1998 Ford Windstar was found Ñ backed into a space on the far side of the Wal-Mart parking lot on Riverstone Parkway in Canton. There was no sign of a struggle inside the vehicle, police said in August.

The video from the lot's surveillance camera was taken by police, but they will not say what it showed. A couple of things were odd about the vehicle, however, Ray's sister said.

"Well, for one thing it was clean, not trashy inside, and that was unlike my sister," Sandy Chasm said. The other sign of foul play, she said, is that Ray never backed into a parking space. "She couldn't even back up a bicycle," Chasm said.

Four weeks later, Quinton Ray was identified as a suspect in a police report about a related incident obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

On Sept. 25, Emerson police Lt. Kevin McBurnett diffused a situation between Ray and another man at a Cobb County bar. McBurnett wrote in his report of the incident that while speaking with Woodstock detective Sgt. Dan King that evening, King said Ray had been arrested for threatening the other man, who King said had been having an affair with Sueann Ray.

That's when, according to McBurnett, King called Quinton Ray "a suspect in his wife's suspicious death."

In November, Jenkins confronted Quinton Ray during a bankruptcy hearing for Ray. Jenkins approached his son-in-law and asked him to take a polygraph test. Ray did not respond at the time, but Jenkins said Ray, through a representative, since has said he will take a GBI-administered polygraph test.

GG) Comments:

According to SueAnn's website no further details have been released on the body.

----My thoughts are with Danny and his family. Since I have written letters on this case, I feel very close, and sad today--yet glad that there has been some closure now that SueAnn has been found. This will at least give the family the peace they need to move on.

My prayers for SueAnn's family and much condolences. I hope they throw the book at her estranged husband now. Will post details as they come.

Rest in peace SueAnn.

Goz
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Quinton Ray appears in court Reply with quote

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=75883

Ray Makes First Appearance
Kevin Rowson reports

Quinton Ray

Reported By: Kevin Rowson
Web Editor: Michael King
Last Modified: 2/9/2006 11:39:11 PM

The man accused of killing his estranged wife and burying her in a shallow grave in the woods, appeared before a judge on Thursday afternoon.

Quinton Ray is charged with the murder of his estranged wife, Sueann Ray. She had been missing five months before her body was discovered on Wednesday.

It has been a whirlwind 24 hours since Danny Jenkins learned his daughter’s body was found in a wooded area of north Cherokee County.

Shortly after a news conference announcing Quinton Ray’s arrest, Jenkins had to share the news with Sueann's 6-year old daughter Charity.

“She knows that her mom is not coming home and she knows that her daddy is responsible for it. So a little girl not only lost her mom, she lost her dad, she lost her whole family. How do you explain that? It’s tough,” Jenkins said.

Jenkins was at the Pickens County courthouse at 9 this morning after driving back home to Augusta on Wednesday night, only to learn that Quinton’s first appearance hearing was postponed until the afternoon.

In public, Jenkins is never without a portrait of his daughter in his hands. It would be with him, when Quinton finally made an appearance before Judge Brenda Weaver.

“You understand that you are charged with the offense of murder,” asked the judge.

“Yes, Ma’am,” Quinton replied.

Jenkins says he always knew that Quinton had killed his daughter. When he faced him in court today, he made sure ray saw Sueann’s picture.

“Well, he walked up there and he smiled and started waving at me like some kind of idiot,” Jenkins said. “He smiled at me and he waved at me and I just looked at him.”

His daughter’s body was autopsied at the state crime lab on Thursday, where the GBI says a cause of death is pending further examination.

Quinton is expected to go before a Pickens County grand jury for indictment later this month.

GG)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: