www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Pregnant Woman- Amanda Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: rd update and some notes for you to read: Reply with quote

Hi rd: also there are a couple of missing people . This could go on forever. A young actress, the gal you mentioned from Ohio, (there are a few links, and Oliva Newtion Johns boyfriend (strange story) and more updates on others. I was searching and found this. I will put it in.

Much bad news for Fox too- on just covering much of Natalees case and not enough equal coverage to all missing people. I did not have time to post all links.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.+
nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/934D8C+
E6117052E18625706800124815?OpenDocument

Police search man's property in hunt for Amanda Jones
By Tim Rowden
Of the Post-Dispatch
08/24/2005

Amanda Jones
(Handout)

Police investigating the disappearance of a pregnant woman from Pevely searched the home and farm Wednesday of a man who authorities believe was the last person to see her.

Police also said publicly for the first time that they suspect foul play in the disappearance of the woman, Amanda Jones. She was last seen Aug. 14 on the horse show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 in central Jefferson County.

Police and relatives say Jones, who was nine months pregnant, went to Hillsboro to meet with Bryan Lee Westfall, who her family says is the father of her unborn baby. Police found Jones' unlocked car on the Civic Center parking lot but said it offered no clues.

Jones, 26, a divorced mother of a 4-year-old daughter, is due to deliver her second child, a boy, this week.

Jefferson County Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer said investigators had searched Westfall's home, truck, trailer and farm property near Hillsboro and an adjacent farm belonging to his parents.

Boyer said Westfall had consented to the search, adding that Westfall was "not a suspect" but was considered "a person of interest" in the case.

Boyer said police took several items for forensic testing but declined to specify what they were.

Westfall's attorney, Kevin Roberts, said his client had done nothing wrong and was cooperating with authorities.

Westfall, 36, is a farmer and former college instructor. He is a member of the Hillsboro Community Civic Club, which owns the civic center where Jones' car was found.

A spokesman for Jefferson College in Hillsboro said Westfall taught computer-information systems at the school from April 1999 through May.

Roberts said several items were taken by police with the consent of Westfall and his family but said "nothing of significance was found."

"I am confident that whatever testing is performed on these items, it will substantiate that Mr. Westfall has done nothing wrong and is in no way responsible for Ms. Jones' disappearance," Roberts said. "Mr. Westfall and his family ... continue to pray for Ms. Jones' safe return."

Earlier this week, Jones' family announced that an anonymous donor was posting a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in Jones' disappearance.

Jones told her parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst of Festus, that she met Westfall at a Christmas party at the Civic Center last year.

According to her family, Jones didn't have any contact with Westfall during her pregnancy but received a phone call from him on the day she disappeared. Jones told her mother that Westfall wanted to get together for lunch.

Police describe Jones as 5-foot-8 and about 225 pounds. She has blue eyes, blond hair and a dolphin tattoo on her left upper torso. When she was seen last, she was wearing a pink shirt and pink sandals.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call 636-797-5515.

Note: rd Please put the (+'s) in the right place for the article.
I did not do it properly. Thanks!

With heartache, this story leads us all to a conclusion we feel is going to occur. My heart is with this family.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link is broken up fine. Thanks. G. It helpsd that the Latest News forum is devoted to missing women. There are other serious crimes, serial murderers (versus suspected serial disappearances of women as in Texas), missing men, murders, etc. which larger crime sites cover, but we are focused on missing women based on following Chandra Levy's and Laci Peterson's disappearances.

Many commentators like to say there are many missing women but there are only a limited number of women made to disappear when they become inconveient, and that's what we cover with a vengeance.

Thanks for your posts on all this, GG.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd states:

Quote:
Many commentators like to say there are many missing women but there are only a limited number of women made to disappear when they become inconveient, and that's what we cover with a vengeance.

So true rd. I do agree.

I have not been following much news. I see there are many articles updated on the forum-- a couple I wanted to read by (P) that were posted in a few of the different threads. -- Possibly, as a suggestion, maybe you can cut Natalee's thread (link) away and post it seperate. This might prove to be valuable as it appears we are all discussing various crimes in that forum at once. A good joint discussion seems to be taking place. Or maybe, a link for a discussion on various crimes.

Just an idea rd. I see you like to keep your missing cases seperate,
and they do deserve that.

Thank you for YOUR THANKS. I have been discussing crimes at home too, educating my guest, and those others that are here too! (in-between
much catch up and fun times)

I'll be in to update links when able.

I have not tuned in and found out any news on Amanda-
hoping and sending prayers to her family for a better outcome than
I think will occur. I thought I heard something about the brothers being
re-arrested in Aruba.

Take care

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Natalee's thread is fine with the discussion as it is. Discussion on aspects of true crime that come to mind are just part of the progression of thoughts that a tragedy such as Natalee's brings about.

Nothing new on Amanda. She was due to have her baby. At this stage in Laci's disappearance people were hoping that she was being kept until she delivered by someone who wanted her baby, and other nonsense.

Just hoping against hope she was still alive, but also mainly being floated by scum like Geragos.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: A timeline : Amanda Jones Reply with quote

http://ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83858

August 25,05

By Mike Owens
Investigative Reporter

KSDK-

The timeline authorities are looking at includes a three hour time gap reported by Amanda's father, Hubert Propst.

HERE IS A TIMELINE:

9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., Amanda is photographed at her church, Calvary Assembly of God in Festus, for a Sunday school promotion.

12:15 p.m. to 12:30 p.m., Amanda leaves her four year old with her parents, and kisses her daughter and mother goodbye, saying she would see them later.

1:00 p.m., Meet with Bryan Westfall, the man she says is the father of her unborn child.

2:00 p.m., Westfall tells Hubert Propst that the two met at the Hillsboro Civic Center, and she announced she needed to go to the toilet. Sheriff's deputies say Westfall, who was a volunteer at the civic center, unlocks the facilities door so she has access.

-------******Here's where the timeline has a gap.

Propst says Westfall told him that he last saw Amanda at two, while she's talking on the phone, but in a later conversation, he tells Propst that he saw her again at 5:00 p.m., and she was still on the phone. Propst says that's impossible.

Propst and Westfall talk on the phone after five at least three times, according to Propst family friends. At 9:00 or 9:30, the decision is made to call the sheriff's department in Hillsboro.

Sheriff's deputies start looking for Amanda, and with the help of a family friend, they find her car at the civic center.

Monday, the alert goes out for Amanda.

Deputies are now re-interviewing witnesses, to see if their memories have improved, or if their stories don't connect

Note: This article has been edited for the content- just to include the timeline information

G)
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Amanda meet Westfal at the Christmas party and she was due to have the baby, she would be only at the end of the eight month of pregnancy, and would not be due for another 4-5 weeks?? Something doesn't seem right here with the calculations.

I'm guessing here that Westfal is married?

It sounds as if she is still at the civic centre somewhere. Perhaps the equipment the police were using to detect body heat at the centre may not have worked if Amanda is already dead.

It seems that Westfal may have changed his story about the last time he was talking to her.

I'd be willing to guess that Amanda made contact with him first, as if it was a one night stand then Westfal would have no way to know that she was pregnant, unless she saw him recently or contacted him. We know that he called on the day that she went missing, but I'd guess that Amanda had recently been in touch with him regarding the baby.

Either Amanda was taken out with some of the animals/horses or she remains in the centre.

I think that most likely Westfal is a very real suspect, it is quoted that Westfal was only now communicating with his lawyer. My guess is that Westfal has something to fear. Amanda likely either asked for alimony, or threatened to tell his wife, if he is married. Something went all bad. I do not believe for a minute that Westfal called her out of the blue, I believe that somehow Amanda got word that she wanted to meet Westfal.

The story does not make any sense. Also, odd that Westfal did not consider that everyone would suspect him if Amanda went missing. This seems very odd. There is the outside possibility that someone abducted Amanda, but this seems very unlikely......

If Amanda was on the phone, perhaps someone met her there, her phone records should point out who she was speaking with on Sunday...
peripeteia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a picture of Westfal, read on web sleuth that the police are now calling him a person of interest and are looking around his two parcels of land where he has a farm? This is not confirmed as I cannot find a newspaper clipping, just the reference on crime sleuth that he is a person of interest
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first thought from the beginning. The key to me would be confirming her cell phone call an hour after she arrived at the horse show when the boyfriend said he was leaving and who she was talking to.

But now the father says the boyfriend gave two different versions of the story, he last saw her talking on the phone at 2 pm and 5 pm, not sure which story was first and which he's now telling.

No confirmation from the police on her cell phone records as far as I can see. I wouldn't put too much stock in what the soon to have been father of her child is saying anyway.

Pretty clear he's the murderer. He's got three more versions of his story to tell before he catches up with Condit though.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks P for you input. Strange story indeed. I agree Westfall can be married, or has a girlfriend. I have not read anything to verify this or after reading so many cases I can't remember.

But-- I do believe that there had to be contact before this call. Certain she was asking for some sort of help regarding the baby (just my opinion ). Also, I did find confirmation that Mr. W. does live on a farm. I will have to search through my saved links.

I have read various accounts of this story. It appears------ the police are not calling him a SUSPECT, but isn't this true in most cases? We know by now this is just standard police operating procedures.

I would tend to believe W. would have buried her body on his land. I'm just speculating too, of course, but this is probably what has sadly transpired.

I will have to go over the timeline again since I read that she was about to give birth last week. Maybe it was a problem pregnancy P.

P states:
Quote:
Perhaps the equipment the police were using to detect body heat at the centre may not have worked if Amanda is already dead

This is a very good point. I had never thought of this before you mentioned it.

I will have to read through most of the materials I have at home again and do more searching.

Sadly, I think we all know the conclusion here for Amanda
and her family.

G)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Where is Amanda? recent update Reply with quote

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/+
news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/+
story/ACBF093A539A8FD8862570710012D367?OpenDocument&highlight=2%2C%22+
Amanda%22+AND+%22Jones%22

Monday, September 05, 2005 (taken from this papers date)

Investigators will be ready if clues come in about Amanda Jones
Post-Dispatch
09/02/2005

Amanda Jones

JEFFERSON COUNTY

Investigators will be ready if clues come in

Jefferson County Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer says some of the officers assigned to a task force looking into the disappearance of a pregnant Pevely woman will remain on standby to look into new leads that come in over the holiday weekend.

Amanda Jones, 26, was last seen Aug. 14 at the Hillsboro Civic Center. She was nine months pregnant and was due to deliver a baby boy last week.

Jones is a loan administrator at Eagle Bank in Festus and a divorced mother of a 4-year-old daughter. She had gone to Hillsboro to meet with Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her baby. Westfall has denied that he is the baby's father.

Police have described Westfall, a 36-year-old farmer and former instructor at Jefferson College in Hillsboro, as a "person of interest," but they say they have neither identified nor eliminated anyone as a suspect in the case.

A $100,000 reward has been posted for information leading to an arrest and conviction in Jones' disappearance.

-----------------------Link 2--- benefit (same source)

Benefit will aid family of missing woman
By Tim Rowden
Of the Post-Dispatch
09/02/2005

Friends of Amanda Jones, the pregnant woman who has been missing for nearly three weeks, are planning a benefit at the Hillsboro Civic Center, the last place she was seen.

The dinner and silent auction will be at 7 p.m. Sept. 15, just over a month from the day the Pevely woman disappeared.

Karen Fink, a longtime friend, says proceeds will benefit Jones' parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst of Festus, who are paying both their own and their daughter's bills while they wait for some word about what happened to her.

Bertha Propst remains hopeful that her daughter and new grandson will be found but worries that their story will fade from the spotlight.

"Right now, we're not only looking for Amanda, but also the baby," Propst said, adding that she believes her daughter is being held somewhere against her will.

"Amanda and her baby could be out there somewhere, waiting for somebody to find her," Propst said.

Lt. Tommy Wright, chief of detectives for the Jefferson County sheriff's office, says investigators are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

Wright says police have received nearly 250 tips about Jones' disappearance but still do not know what happened to her.

"We have no physical evidence to lead us to believe that she is dead," Wright said. "We don't have anything to indicate that she walked away. We just don't have anything substantial to put our fingers on."

Jones, 26, was nine months pregnant when she was last seen Aug. 14 at the Civic Center. She was due to deliver a baby boy last week.

A loan administrator at Eagle Bank in Festus and a divorced mother of a 4-year-old daughter, Jones had gone to Hillsboro to meet with Bryan Lee Westfall, the man her family says is the father of her baby.

Police have described Westfall, 36, a farmer and former instructor at Jefferson College in Hillsboro, as a "person of interest" but say they have neither identified nor eliminated anyone as a suspect.

A Philadelphia businessman and philanthropist who saw a news story about the case has posted a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in Jones' disappearance.

For information on the benefit dinner and auction, call Fink at 314-605-9410.

A fund also has been set up for Jones at Eagle Bank. Contributions to the Amanda Jones Benefit Account can be made at any Eagle Bank location.

Anyone with information about Jones' disappearance is asked to call police at 636-797-5515

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Update: Benefit held for Amanda Reply with quote

WHERE IS AMANDA? This case is starting to look cold! Please let's find this woman and her child. Things are not looking promising at all. GG)

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=84846

Benefit Held In Hillsboro To Help Family Of Missing Pregnant Woman
created: 9/15/2005 10:28:10 PM
updated: 9/16/2005 10:48:20 AM

More than 300 people showed up Thursday night to raise money to help the family of Amanda Jones. The pregnant Pevely woman disappeared one month ago.

The benefit was held at the Hillsboro Civic Center, that last place that Jones was seen. Her family and friends say they are keeping the faith and praying for a miracle.

Amanda Jones' spirit filled the Civic Center, which was covered in a sea of purple. It is her favorite color, now used on ribbons, bracelets and t-shirts. It's all part of an effort to make sure that no one forgets about her.

Co-workers were among 50 volunteers who helped organize the benefit dinner and auction. Karen Fink was one of Jones' best friends. She helped find items to auction off, and people willing to help Jones' family care for her 4 year old daughter. Fink says it was the least she could do to help ease the families emotional and physical troubles.

Bertha Propst called the outpouring of support, overwhelming. She says it is especially important as she prays for her daughter's safe return.
Propst says she looks at her daughters pictures and talks to her for strength.

Amanda Jones was due to give birth, about a week after she vanished. Police have not made any arrests, and say they are not ruling out anything, or anyone.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Where is Amanda & Child- Bumping- One Article Reply with quote

It is with great sadness that this case has become cold too, like so many others here. It seemed at one point that LE might have had their eye on a suspect (or two) but nothing has evolved.

This brings pain to Amanda's family and to me- and I'm sure everyone here. Prayers to Amanda and her child, who knows where they are. I'm sure we all know the outcome.

It has become an epidemic in our society as many of us here have mentioned: missing women, inconvenient women, pregnant women going missing and our children stolen from us.

I will link the last article that has been posted on Amanda. I will -- and I'm sure others will follow her case. We will continue to keep her in our thoughts, as well as her family.

Hopefully, one day an answer will come.

GG) ---------Scroll for article

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=87253

With Leads Dwindling, Police Return Amanda Jones' Car To Her Family
created: 11/3/2005 6:19:20 PM
updated: 11/3/2005 10:34:48 PM

By Kelly Jackson

KSDK-It's nearly three months now since the disappearance of Amanda Jones.

The Pevely woman was 9 months pregnant when she vanished. A key piece of evidence has just been returned to her family.

Amanda Jones' car is the last link the family has of her. Her mother, Bertha Propst, cannot bear to get inside. "I don't want to. I can't get in her house, so I know I can't drive her car," she says.

Jones' car was found at the Hillsboro Civic Center on August 14th.

She was there to meet the man who the family says was the father of her unborn baby.

Captain Ralph Brown of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department says, "I can't even imagine as a parent, picking up a loved one's car while that person still missing."

Her car was impounded for evidence, and may provide more answers once forensic results come back.

Tips to police aren't as constant, nor does it seem is public awareness. "Whenever we don't have the media there with a lot of cameras and something to feed that media, I shouldn't say interest is lost, but I think, somewhat the thoughts are diminished."

Propst says they've distributed more than 4,000 fliers.

We found one at a restaurant in Festus, but many others, Propst says, have disappeared.
"A lot of the fliers we put up are gone now. People have taken them down off of their businesses. Even at my own house, someone has come by and ripped them off the poles."

Propst brother, Walt Bowers, will drive Amanda's car to her home in hopes that soon Amanda will be back to drive it.

"I still have to believe she's gonna come home. We've got everything ready for her. Her house is clean and ready for her. She's not gonna have to worry about anything when she comes home."

$100,000 is being offered for help in solving this case.

Anyone with informtion is asked to call the Detective Bureau at the Jefferson County Sheriff's Department at (636) 797-5515.

KSDK

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Sheriff Asks Post Office to deliver Picture Reply with quote

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/D90391B8076AB44E862570CB000EA528?OpenDocument

Sheriff asks Postal Service to help find missing woman
By Robert Kelly
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
12/02/2005

HILLSBORO

Jefferson County Sheriff Oliver "Glenn" Boyer says he hopes a U.S. Postal Service program used in a missing-persons case in the Metro East area will help find a woman missing from Jefferson County for almost four months.

Boyer said he was asking the Postal Service to deliver handbills along with mail in Jefferson County to remind people that Amanda Jones of Pevely still is missing and to circulate a photo.

"We're in discussion with the post office right now," Boyer said this week. "We'd like to do it right before Christmas."

Jones, who would have turned 27 in October, was reported missing from Hillsboro on Aug. 14. She was nine months pregnant at the time.

Police found Jones' unlocked car on the horse-show grounds of the Hillsboro Civic Center on Highway 21 on the day she was reported missing. Authorities have said they suspect foul play but they haven't established evidence of a crime.

Boyer said the sheriff's office still was waiting for results of a laboratory analysis of fibers and hairs found in and around Jones' car. He said he hoped to get those results soon and noted that overworked crime laboratories often took several weeks to complete tests .

He said he hoped the Postal Service program would generate new tips that could lead to solving the case.

Last month, handbills about the disappearance of Cermen Lamunt Toney Jr., 4, and Anquiaette Parker, 19, of St. Clair County were delivered by letter carriers in some Metro East neighborhoods. The two remain missing.

Boyer asked anyone with information about Jones to call 636-797-5515. He said callers could remain anonymous.

Comments: I did not know the postal service was involved in doing this service for the missing. I think this is an excellent idea. Most States should incorporate this program into the system. It may help gather more information on the missing.

I have also read that LE still wants to investigate matters further with the baby's father.

Blessings to Amanda's family. Another lost pregnant woman.

GG)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: