www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sue Ann Ray Missing GA August 2005-Cousin missing too!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Sue Ann Ray Missing GA August 2005-Cousin missing too! Reply with quote

Full Name: Sue Ann Ray
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Green
Weight: 110
Height: 5’0
Race: Caucasian

Sue Ann Ray was last seen on August 26, 2005. Her abandoned car was later found in a nearby shopping center parking lot. Sue Ann has two tattoos, one tribal tattoo on her lower back and a flower on her left ankle. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Sue Ann Ray, you are asked to please call Sgt. Dan King at 770-294-7231.
You may remain anonymous if needed.

www.FindSueAnn.Org

This is Sue Ann Ray's cousin who went missing 10 years ago to the day of Sue's disappearance, Heather Teague

\Quote

Missing Adult: Heather Danyelle Teague

Teague was sunbathing at Newburgh Beach in Henderson County, Kentucky on August 26, 1995. A witness was observing the beach area through a telescope from across the Ohio River at approximately 12:45 PM. The witness told authorities that he saw a Caucasian man approach Teague at that time. The abductor allegedly grabbed Teague by the hair and dragged her into the woods off of Newburgh Beach at gunpoint. The abductor was approximately 6'0 and weighed 210 - 230 pounds. He had brown hair and a bushy brown beard. The suspect was wearing jeans and did not have shirt. He was also reported to be wearing a wig and a mosquito net at the time he reportedly abducted Teague.

Teague was last seen wearing a red plaid bathing suit. Authorities searched the Newburgh Beach area later in the day and discovered part of her suit near the alleged abduction site. Additional evidence was also located, but nothing investigators found could lead them to Teague's location. She has never been heard from again.
Marty Dill, a resident of Henderson County, Kentucky, had been pulled over during a routine traffic stop by police in February 1995, six months prior to Teague's disappearance. Dill matched the description of Teague's abductor and also drove a red Ford Bronco, which was identical to a vehicle a witness reported was parked next to Teague's car on Newburgh Beach. Authorities discovered two guns, two knives, duct tape, rubber gloves and rope in Dill's vehicle at the time of his February 1995 traffic stop. Investigators received several tips connecting Dill to Teague's case in August 1995 and arrived at his home to question him. Dill reportedly told his wife to leave their residence after becoming alerted to law enforcement's presence. He then committed suicide before officers could enter his home.

Prosecutors compiled available evidence against Dill after his death and brought the information before a grand jury. Dill's wife was called as a witness during the grand jury phase, but she invoked her Fifth Amendment rights and refused to answer any questions about Teague's abduction. Teague's disappearance remains unsolved. Foul play is suspected due to the circumstances involved in her case.

http://www.rinokids.com/Adults/Teague/
/Quote
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only Witness to Heather Teague Disappearance
Speaks About "Person of Interest"

November 17, 2004

The only eyewitness to the abduction of Heather Teague weighs in on the new developments in this case.

Since Friday, we've been telling you exclusively about 39-year-old Chris Below, a Henderson native who's in prison for killing his lover in Ohio and hiding her body. Below is now considered a "person of interest" in the Heather Teague missing persons case.

But is Below the gunman seen on the beach with Heather nine years ago? The only witness to her abduction says "no," it was someone else.

Medina Ohio Police Detective Scott Thomas has been investigating the Heather Teague case with the help of Evansville Detective Brent Melton who once questioned Below on an unrelated case. Both investigators believe there's plenty of circumstantial evidence tying Below to the crime, the only eyewitness isn't so sure they have their man.

It was nine years ago that Tim Walthall was looking through a telescope out his front window and saw a man come out of the woods on the Kentucky side of the Ohio River and drag Heather Teague away at gunpoint. But he says, it may as well have been yesterday.

Tim Walthall explained, "If I'm wrong then I'm sorry for it, but when you see something like I saw and it's instilled in your memory banks, then you don't forget it. That is the individual and there is certain things that I saw that lead me to believe it was the individual Mr. Dill."

The abduction happened on a Saturday. On Monday, Walthall and a sketch artist came up with a composite. Three days later, he says police showed him a picture of Marvin Dill.

As far as accusations that the composite was drawn from the picture rather than the actual sighting, Walthall commented, "That's false. We didn't even know who the person was when I gave the description. All we knew was I saw a guy take a girl off a beach and that was all."

But what if that guy wasn't Marvin Dill? It's a theory being explored by Detective Thomas and Detective Melton.

The investigators believe a video taken by a farmer surveying crop damage, holds the key. The farmer catches both Dill's red and white Bronco and Heather's car on videotape.

The investigators suspect Dill is behind the wheel of the Bronco and Heather is in the bed of the truck. They believe she had to have been naked because her bathing suit was later found on the beach. The investigators say it appears Heather's car is being ransacked, and the person who is doing it is hiding from the camera, most likely to the right of the car where the corn stalks had been crushed down.

The investigators speculate that Dill drove the Bronco while someone else assaulted Heather in the back. And they believe that someone is Chris Below.

The detectives have shown Tim Walthall pictures of Below and he says his torso does resemble the gunman's.

Walthall said, "The body features particularly were similar, but that's all and I told Scott and this is important, that I still would not change my story and that the person that I saw on the beach that day, still to me is the person that I identified and that's Mr. Dill."

He says it is possible Below served as an accomplice in the crime, he could have easily been waiting near the Bronco. But he maintains, as he has for nine years, that Marvin Dill was the man who dragged Heather off the beach.

Dill committed suicide before police could question him.

The detectives don't feel that enough is being made of Below, so they are going to continue to investigate him just in case, they say that Tim Walthall is wrong.

A newspaper reported that Tim Rascoe, Kentucky State Police lead investigator for this case, thinks too much is being made of the Chris Below connection. We have called Detective Rascoe several times, but he has not yet returned out calls.
http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=2...78&nav=3w6nTDMp

/quote

one wonders if in anyway these two disappearances are related, in more ways than one?!
peripeteia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missing Cousin Vowed To Find Heather Teague
Oct 18, 2005, 07:46 PM Email to a Friend Printer Friendly Version

INSIDE 14WFIE.com

PREVIOUS STORY: Heather Teague's Cousin Also Missing

New Media Producer: Kerry Corum

The strange case of two missing cousins is haunting families in both Kentucky and Georgia. On Wednesday, we told you about 26-year-old Sue Ann Ray of Woodstock, Georgia who vanished this past August on the tenth anniversary of Heather Teagues' disappearance from a Kentucky beach. Sue Ann Ray and Heather Teague are first cousins.

Now we hear about an email sent to Heather's mother just before her niece disappeared. Jennifer Leslie with our NBC affiliate in Atlanta, has the story.

The family of Sue Ann Ray of Woodstock has lived with the unknown for years. On August 26, 1995, Ray's first cousin, Heather Teague, was abducted from a beach in Kentucky in broad daylight. She was 23 at the time and has not been seen since. Her case remains unsolved.

Danny Jenkins has spent years helping his sister deal with her daughter's disappearance and now he's in the same situation. "You never know the pain a mother and father go through when they lose a child, or a child is missing, until it happens to you."

Jenkins' daughter, Sue Ann, has been missing for six weeks, since August 26th. She disappeared ten years to the day after her cousin's abduction. Jenkins says, "It's a feeling you can't describe. It's terrible, and I don't know how my sister made it. I don't know how she's alive. I don't know how she's done it for ten years, 'cause I can't. I can't go through it for ten years, I'll tell you that."

Sue Ann, who was a teenager when her cousin disappeared, recently sent an e-mail to her aunt. In it, she wrote:

"I am sure that I can help. I will do anything I can. I picture this happening in my head and it doesn't make sense. Something is definitely wrong. We will bring her home! One way or another."

Three days later, Sue Ann also disappeared. Police suspect foul play, but they have not identified any suspects. Sue Ann's sister, Sandy Chasm says, "I just have to keep hope that she is alive. I want her home, so I can talk to her."

Relatives are hoping at least one family mystery will be solved soon. The family of Sue Ann Ray is offering a $105,000 reward for information that leads to finding her.

As for Heather, her mom Sarah says the FBI's re-involvement in the case has given her new hope that she'll find out what happened to her daughter ten years ago.

/quote it may well be that these missing cousins is no coincidence. Surely if Sue Ann was able to come up with some clue as to what became of her cousin Heather, this could have put her life in peril. Her email to her aunt, before Sue went missing,
"I am sure that I can help. I will do anything I can. I picture this happening in my head and it doesn't make sense. Something is definitely wrong. We will bring her home! One way or another."

This implies that the aunt and Sue Ann had a prediscussion of what is being refered to in the email. The Aunt would be able to shed better light on this matter as I suspect that information is being witheld in this case as these cases are likely connected. It is reported also that Sue Ann's husband is a person of interest in his wife's disappearance.

This immediately rings bells regarding Heather, could Sue have found out about her husband's involvement in Heather's disappearance? If these cases are tied together somehow, then unlikey that Heather's abuctor is going to come looking to silence her cousin. What could Sue Ann have known at the time Heather went missing that would have put her life in peril. It seems fairly coincidental. I just thought, that what if the husband simply murdered Sue Ann on this date to draw suspicion way from himself, that he planned the murder for this date, to make it look like the killer of Heather killed Sue Ann? On wonders what the husband stood to gain from Sue Ann being dead? Other than her silence? Or simply because he wanted to, at present he simply is saying that Sue Ann came by to get her car fixed and left. Her car was found at the wal-mart parking lot where she has been previous to going to her exhusband. There were no signs of a struggle in Sue Ann's car?

Having a look at this guy, he reminds me of Mark Hacking, not because of the way that he looks, just that he likely set up Sue Ann's death to make it look like the killer of Heather had come after Sue Ann. Of course there is nothing linking Sue Ann's husband to her disappearance other than he was the last known person to see Sue Ann alive. And of course am speculating about Sue Ann being dead and her husband having anything to do with her vanishing.

It is not right that anyone should be able to plead the 5th regarding murder cases, especially in the event the person they would be incriminating is their husbands and they are dead. I suppose there is likely Mrs. Dill's complicity by her silence in her husband crime. It just does not seem fair that the family of Heather have to go on suffering. It is likely that Dill had done something very bad in his life, whether it was to kill Heather it is difficult to know. But whatever he did, he took his own life. Perhaps if one threatens civil damage against a killers' estate, then perhaps they would not be so ready to withold information.
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:47 am    Post subject: more facts- opinions Reply with quote

Just some opinions and facts too Kate.

I will provide the links when I have time since I have them

--SueAnn's husband is a suspect at least to her family to date.
--Her husband is a mechanic and was the last to see her. He claims to have been working on her car.
--He has lawyered up and has not cooperated to the fullest extent with the law
--He has been violent with SueAnn before their separation
--Her sister had called the police after he choked her.
--SueAnn had a puppy, it was strangled and left for dead a couple of weeks before her disappearance. Police could not prove anything as it was not reported. The chain was wrapped three times around its neck.

________

The crime scene.

SueAnn's car was backed into a spot in the Walmart shopping center--
the last spot in this rural shopping center

I know the exact location of this spot having lived out in the surrounding area years ago. It is still considered a rural area, much bushes within a 2 mile area where a body can be buried...

* SueAnn could not back a vehicle in, never has, according to the family.
* SueAnn's vehicle was clean, meaning spotless, she was not known to leave said vehicle spotless.

His parents.

*SueAnn did not want her child visiting his parents, why I do not know

* His parents REFUSED TO HAVE LE SEARCH THEIR PROPERTY.*

That in itself seems rather telling to me, since if he claims he is innocent, why would they not let the home be searched -- their approx. 4 acre property?

In this area, there is no mass transportation. ( I still think this is factual will check)
A suspect would have to take the her vehicle to the Walmart, and either take a taxi back to a said location, (which can be traced) or be followed to the location to drop the vehicle off- That would mean more than one person committed the crime or acted in unison

My theory would be:

SueAnn's husband killed her, drive her van to his parents house, had a friend, or one of his family members drive the van back to the location and parked it at Walmart.

This is why They won't submit to a search of their property. Also, being a mechanic, and if fibers, hairs, etc got into the vehicle, he could claim as a mechanic after working on a vehicle one must clean it up. Standard excuse.

Also: I do not feel both the investigations are connected except the husband who I feel is the suspect chose this date for the reasons stated: to throw the investigation a wrench.

I hope this is solved soon. I do not feel any family should endure one missing person and with two, this is the most hurtful situation one can imagine.

Prayers for SueAnn and family.

Good day,

These are my opinions.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: transcript link Reply with quote

http://findsueann.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1129287415

From SueAnn's site

Nancy Grace Interviews

Do not know if I can copy it here, it gives the facts I was stating, The dog part my be above these links on the forum

Tonight case discussed on Rita Cosby, tomorrow on Nancy Grace again.

GG)
rd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this a few weeks ago in another thread when I heard of Sue Ann's disappearance on Nancy Grace. I conclude the same as you, Goz.

I was hoping there'd be a break in the bad news for awhile, but Sue Ann Ray went over to her separated husband's house to have him help her with her car. She hasn't been seen since.

Her van was parked a dozen miles away at the edge of a Wal-Mart parking lot. The ex would have had to either walk it or someone gave him a ride. A dozen miles from Canton to Jasper is not an easy walk, that's for sure.

Looks like a good ol boy buddy could be an accomplice to murder if he don't speak up now.

She had her dog strangled with its chain a month before she disappeared on August 26. Bottom line, the ex tried to terrorize her to control her and she resisted and tried to leave him. She paid for her life for standing up to the terrorist bully. Now he needs to pay with his.

rd

posted by Gozgals in Misc:

TONIGHT:

Thursday-- November 3rd beginning @ 7 PM EST for Atlanta area

-- residents will see the retrace of SueAnn’s steps the date of her disappearance with Geraldo.

PLEASE CHECK TIMES FOR YOUR AREA...
visit

www.GeraldoAtLarge.Com

Sue Ann Ray:
Missing Since Aug. 26
Have info? Contact your local authorities, then e-mail tips@geraldoatlarge.com
Tune in Thursday for more on this case.

GG)
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that the husband simply walked a ways, then got a cab, perhaps he was wearing a disguise, also it is possible that he had a small dirt bike, bicycle and put it in the back of her car, and motored/cycled home. It is possible that the husband hired a hit man to kill both women.
The likely suspect seems like it was the husband of Sue-Ann who killed his wife and her cousin.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: First from Geraldo's Blog- and Notes: Reply with quote

http://www.geraldoatlarge.com/blog.php?where_param=blog_id&blog_id=19

November 1, 2005

Two Big Stories, One Big Delay

posted by Laura Ingle at 1:15 pm ET

There was a lot of running around in the days leading up to the show’s launch: five airports in three days to be exact. I've been working with two At Large teams to take you along with me on the investigation into two key stories you will see this week on the program.

My first mission of the weekend was to get from New York to Atlanta on Saturday morning. We are looking into the case of a missing 26-year-old mother, SueAnn Ray. The petite blonde vanished August 26th after heading to the home of her estranged husband Quinton Ray.

SueAnn was last seen alive on surveillance cameras at a local Wal-Mart that Friday. Three days later her minivan was found in the same parking lot, backed into a corner parking space at the far end of the lot. The parking job left the back license plate hidden from view (and from cameras in the lot), and looked like it had been cleaned out -- significant pieces of the puzzle in the case.

We went to check out the space with our cameras, and then we went to Quinton's house to see if we could get more information. He says that SueAnn came to his house to have him look at her car, then left about an hour later. Her family thinks otherwise. They told me that they think he killed her and disposed of her body.

To give you some background, Quinton has made "terroristic threats" against a man he thought SueAnn was having an affair with, and was arrested for doing so a few days after his wife disappeared. He also has a couple of domestic violence police reports in his file as well.

Quinton hasn't talked to many people about this, but he talked to me at length. He first slammed the door in my face when we showed up, but after waiting for a while in front of his house, he agreed to talk to me. I was in his house, where he played me answering machine messages from SueAnn, showed me pictures of her, and even took me for a ride in his car to his mother's house to show me letters from SueAnn that HE THINKS provide clues to her disappearance. He is very charming in person, offering water to me and my crew, and explaining how much he loved her. However, he also revealed that he was very angry with her for "foolin' around on him."

I also had an in-depth interview with SueAnn’s father and sister the next day in Augusta, and I told them about my conversation with Quinton ó they were not pleased with what he told me and had a pretty strong reaction. This is videotape you will see NOWHERE else! We plan on doing the story from Atlanta on Thursday.

(CUT) End of SueAnn's Portion..

GG)

Notes: I was not aware this is the first launching of Geraldo's show on the network. I tuned in to this episode and was not that impressed. This is only my opinion. I found the story segments were not in depth enough to allow full coverage for what was being discussed. I assume it will be a half hour show and this is the reason. I'm not sure if the show is a nightly series. I was under the impression Geraldo did this newscast weekly on the regular Fox Network but this is his own new show.

Once again, there just did not seem to be enough air time to cover all the stories that they wanted to handle. I did feel they put time into Sue's case but expected more.

Nice to see the coverage though. Will discuss in the next thread.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Notes of Broadcasts on SueAnn Ray-- and also from Crt TV Reply with quote

Team Geraldo reported from Piedmont Park in Atlanta -----and moved to Woodstock GA

The interview consisted of the team going over the day of SueAnn's disappearance and what her plans were for that day. It appears it is uncertain if she was even going to her estranged husbands to get her car worked on, or if that was just a ruse, (according to SueAnn's dad) who was speaking during the interview.

SueAnns father is quite certain that her estranged husband is responsible for her disappearance and her death. He wishes he would come forward and admit to this. They have also begun a civil suit against the family.

*(Please also note I saw the Court TV interview too so if some of my facts are mixed between both, please pardon me but they should all be pretty accurate and I will note where Geraldo's interview can be watched)

It was discussed how Sue and her estranged husband Quinton had a past relationship where he was violent and dragged her to the vehicle at one time and the police were called. She feared this man. Her sister attested to this fact as did the father. It was also noted that on the this day
Quinton had picked their child up from school???- and that was unusual and brought their child to his parents home which was a rare. SueAnn's plans for later that evening were to go to her dads house which is in Augusta which is not close to the Woodstock area.

I will note that Quintons does not live with his parents and works on cars at his home in Woodstock.

This case is also not in the Woodstock Polices authority anymore (per CTV) but the GBI, most likely due to the fact that Woodstock has a small police force. These are notes I needed to add in. Also, there is now a private investigator looking at that case, and he feels the GBI know more then they are saying. They have the van and are looking at the forensics.

At one time the Quinton pulled SueAnn from her bed, dragged her outside with his two brothers and assaulted her. The police were called.. She was also stalked by him as was her new boyfriend., (per Court TV)

Back to Geraldo--There were discussions of 911 calls to police and also they went to Quintons house to try and get an interview but he would not let them inside. They asked him if he would take a lie detector test but he stated
"NO," what would be the point. He also mentioned that his lawyer advised him not too, or something to that effect.

Quinton also claimed or alluded to the fact that Sue may have committed Suicide as he showed letters she had written like a year ago about that. She had written these letters after a fight with him. This I feel, and her family felt he was using to make her look like she was dead and not by his hand. They feel this is not the case and he did it. They feel him and his family are responsible.

For more information (if it is still available)--

refer to this:

This broadcast gives more information about the letters and the 911 call placed by SueAnn's sister when an assault occurred between Quinton Ray and SueAnn just three months prior to her disappearance.

www.GeraldoAtLarge.Com

Prayers for SueAnn

I concur that Quinton did this crime, and possibly one of his buddies or family members helped him hide the evidence.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree there was not much new in the interview.
-- I learned more on Court TV.

In regard to "Geraldo at Large" it caused me confusion too since I have seen his show on Fox regularly. I do not know what the heck this was about or why I saw it worded that way, or announced as of such. It did change times and was put on another Fox channel in my area, and for only a half hour. That may be the confusion.

So..you are correct there Rd, it is the same show, but the format appeared to be different, unless Geraldo is now CRAMMING his show..

Who knows, and by the way, (WHO CARES...) ha-- well facts should be correct-- Just wanted to make note so Geraldo fans out there......(smile) won't think I screwed up his information....

Have a great day.

Yes, Quinton is being protected and needs to give it up...now..

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Missing Husband Speaks Reply with quote

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=72019

Missing Woman's Husband Speaks

Reported By: Duffie Dixon
Web Editor: Michael King
Last Modified: 11/16/2005 12:09:59 AM

For the first time, the husband of 26-year-old Sue Ann Ray speaks out. Ray has been missing from her Woodstock home since August.

Her estranged husband admits he was one of the last people to see her the day she disappeared, and that has much of her family pitted against him.

The website friends and family have set up is titled simply, ‘Find Sue Ann.’

On it are some stinging comments about her husband, comments and allegations he says have no basis in truth.

Quinton Ray looks through the boxes of personal possessions of his wife, Sue Ann. Family pictures, clothes, toys their little girl Charity grew up with. Things Sue Ann cannot go through herself, because she has been missing for almost three months.

“She’s not with us no more. Somebody knows what happened. I’ve thrown enough stones. It’s time to just get over with. Come forward,” said Sue Ann’s father, Danny Jenkins.

The GBI is actively investigating the case and have questioned Quinton numerous times.

“I’ve cooperated more than 4 or 5 times.” Said Quinton.

He talks of his seven-year marriage as good, until the last two years, saying they led separate lives.

No matter what they think of him, Quinton says he wants his wife’s family to have all the items they’ve been asking for. Even things he says he holds dear.

“Got a lot of sentimental value to them. I'll be sure they have it and take good care of it,” said Quinton.

Quinton and Sue Ann’s daughter is now 6-years-old. She is currently in DFACS custody

--------------------------------------

How sad that SueAnns daughter is now in the care of DFACS custody. That in itself is a tragedy. I'm sorry that she is not in the care of her father.

Bless SueAnn and her family..

GG)
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goz:

I don't know that this guy is not guilty of making his wife disappear? To error on the side of caution regarding the daughter, it is perhaps best that she not be in the custody of a person of interest in the case. We of course do not know who caused Sue Ann to disappear. It is sad for the daughter that she is torn and has no say, and likely little understanding of what is going on. However for all we know it may be a good thing. One thing for sure, the daughter does not need to be caught up in such complexities of the family pitting daughter against father, so in the long run, perhaps it is a wise decision that the child be in neutral ground? This is of course is just my opinion. We will have to wait for the evidence, which is a long time already in coming!
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goz:

Thanks for the explanation in the other thread that you did not mean the 6 year old daughter to go with her Father but Grandfather. I thought I'd lost you for a minute! This too might be not so goot for the child, but rather she's best in the company of terra firma withsome who is neutral, openminded, at least someone who is mindful to keep very adult and tragic things away from the child. I do not think that the Grandmother and Grandfather could be objective enough as they are seriously frustrated at Law Enforcement, for likely not arresting and charging Quinton with Murder, not to mention that the relationship with the Husband is totally deteriorated. In polite terms the family is dysfunctional because of bad history with Quinton, and rightly so, I do not fault the family. It is simply the nature of the best, it is primal, revenge, Loathing. A child is best not to be exposed to these feelings and resentments. Nothing will bring Sue Ann back, nothing should outweight the importance of her child, for justice to happen soon, is not likely probable. I do hope that the family gets counselling to deal with the day that they have full custody in their hands of their daughters child, they must prepare for this eventuality, granted that they should live so long to see this happen, and God willing they will.

I'm certain that the court will grant Sue Ann's daughter to someone in the family or a close friend, and hopefully not to the Father given his history but to someone who can bring up the child without predjudice that scars, for ever.

We can only hope......gee I hate social work stuff, it is always so screwed up, and there is no right answer, it is just too bad, life got so crazy. Or we are just finding out that it was always this crazy.....just now moreso!

Happy Thanksgiving Goz, have a happy time.....you go girl.
gozgals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SueAnn: in case my writing misrepresented what I wanted stated:

The correction should be :

"I was hoping SueAnn's child could stay with SueAnn's Father".

It is very sad this poor child has to be taken from her family now that her mother is gone.

I would never have meant I wanted her placed with her real father. Yet, that is only my opinion, and opinions are our own, but I'm sure most agree.

Blessings for SUEANN and her family.

She is a hometown gal, just like the people I knew in GA.

GG)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Lawsuit Filed by family Reply with quote

http://www.cherokeetribune.com/articles/2005/11/16/306/10201466.txt

Missing local woman s father files lawsuit

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 4:03 AM EST

By Barbara P. Jacoby

Cherokee Tribune News Editor

The case of a missing Woodstock mom continues to unfold with great drama, but with no ending in sight.

Sue Ann Ray, 26, was last seen Aug. 26 in Jasper at the home of her estranged husband. Since her abandoned van was found in Canton three days later, there has been little information released by police.

Her father has offered a $106,000 reward, appeared on national news shows, hired a private investigator and on Monday, in a courtroom confronted the man he thinks killed his daughter.

Danny Jenkins of Augusta said he filed suit against his daughter's estranged husband, Quinton Ray of Jasper, to recover family belongings. Ray was the last person known to have seen Ms. Ray alive, and Jenkins believes he killed her.

The Rays, who have a 6-year-old daughter, had a history of domestic disputes, police reports show, but had not filed for divorce.

Ray's attorney, David Cannon Sr., did not return a call for comment. He has said Ray maintains his innocence. Police have not named him as a suspect.

Ray allegedly planned to sell items belonging to Ms. Ray that her family has requested, Jenkins said, and he went to court to get them back. He said the items include a quilt made by Ms. Ray's late mother and her baby pictures.

Jenkins said at the courthouse he asked Ray to take a polygraph test. While Ray did not respond at the time, Jenkins said Ray, through a representative, since has agreed to return the requested belongings and take a GBI-administered polygraph test.

The GBI will not comment on specifics of its investigation. GBI Special Agent in Charge John Cagle said they are following up on all leads and an analyst now is working out of the agency's regional drug office in Canton to improve the investigation's efficiency.

Jenkins said he is optimistic about the case, especially the work being done by the private eye he hired, former Cherokee sheriff John Seay.

"There's a lot of stuff happening," Jenkins said. "I think an arrest will happen pretty soon."

Seay said he is focusing on verifying public statements and creating a timeline of Ms. Ray's last hours. He is working to generate community interest in her disappearance in hopes it cracks the case.

"I feel like someone out here knows more than we know at this point," he said. "The GBI is working diligently on this case and so am I. If there are pieces of evidence out here, there's a high probability they will be discovered."

Ms. Ray is described as 5 feet tall and weighing 110 pounds with blond hair and green eyes. She is a Cherokee High School graduate and has two tattoos: a red and black tribal tattoo on her lower back and a flower on her right ankle.

Anyone with information about the case or who saw someone driving Ms. Ray's 1998 maroon with gray trim Ford Windstar sport van Ms. Ray's van, is asked to call the GBI at 1(800)597-TIPS. Callers can remain anonymous.

For information about the case, visit the Web site set up by her family at www.FindSueAnn.org.

bjacoby@cherokeetribune.com

I will be writing this week. Please send this to friends if you cannot help. Let us see justice served! (GG)

http://www.findsueann.org/DownloadsForSueAnn.html

You can help us locate Sueann Ray.

Since the disappearance of Sueann, many people online and in the immediate community have asked "what can I do to help"? There is two major things that can be done to help Sueann. The private searches and investigation for Sueann is extremely expensive. The family desperately needs donations to help continue this search. Often times you are not prepared for these types of things when they happen, and it can put you in a financial bind. You can send a donation to the address below and it is tax deductable. All funds received will go towards the private investigation. They are not used for any personal things. This money is separate from the reward that is in place. You may send donations here:

Searching For SueAnn Ray Fund
P.O. Box 48
Clearwater, SC 29822

Another thing that we are getting many emails and questions about is the fact that certain areas have not been searched for Sueann (i,e., family of Quinton Ray's residence). While we have no explanation for this, we have been told to get this matter resolved, to send our phone calls, letters, and faxes to Govenor Sonny Perdue. The family has contacted the Attorney General's Office in Atlanta, GA and they advised that the one to push this matter forward is going to be the Govenor's office. If you want to help, PLEASE send a letter, fax, or even call Sonny's office. Here is the contact information below. This is how we can find Sueann.

Governor Sonny Perdue
203 State Capitol
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
404-656-1776

Please understand that your voice and your efforts are important to helping solve this case. You can help us locate Sueann Ray.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Your voice does count. Write for SueAnn. Let the Governor know that all searches are important!

GG)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: