www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News on Hero- Rewards on Missing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: News on Hero- Rewards on Missing Reply with quote

Tears were running from my eyes when I read about this gentleman. For the last few days I have been reading various articles about his life and decided to print the ones that have to do with this board.

Rd;

It is with pure pleasure I post a few links. News worth noting on a wonderful man. I thought you would like this rd. A taste of good news.

Precious are the gifts we give another.
Often we pretend we are thoughtful
Seldom we are.
Yet, there are those in society who come forward
without any thoughts of themselves.

Maybe it is from them
we will take those lessons...
On how we mush treat each passing individual
for it is how we treat another
that is a reflection of ourselves.

--GG

Link 1)

http://www.teamamberalert.net/news/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=9553

comments from link-
"Last week, Joe Mammana, a Philadelphia businessman and philanthropist who has gained fame for putting up rewards in criminal cases, posted a $100,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction in Jones' disappearance."

Story con't on link

Link 2)
http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?b378960054&r=MSNnews

comments from link-
Philadelphia philanthropist is donor of reward for pregnant woman
By Tim Rowden
Of the Post-Dispatch
08/27/2005

"A mystery donor who posted $100,000 this week for information in the disappearance of a pregnant Pevely woman was identified Friday as Philadelphia businessman and philanthropist Joe Mammana.

Amanda Jones' parents, Hubert and Bertha Propst, said Mammana called them offering to post the money for the reward after seeing a story about their daughter's case.

Bertha Propst said Mammana posted the reward "because he cares."

Philadelphia Magazine describes Mammana as a redeemed ex-con and millionaire chief executive of Yardley Farms who has gained fame for posting rewards in criminal cases."

Con't on Link

Link 3)

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/08/24/missing_bounty.html

Link 4)

http://ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=83899

Philadelphia Man: Why I Posted $100,000 To Help Find Amanda Jones
created: 8/26/2005 4:28:08 PM
updated: 8/27/2005 11:00:52 PM

Philadelphia Man: Why I Posted $100,000 To Help Find Amanda Jones

click the audio box to hear Kelly's entire interview with the donor, or click here to download it to your mp3 player.

By Kelly Jackson

KSDK-We now know who is providing the 100-thousand dollar reward in the Amanda Jones case.

Joe Mammana has never met Jones' family. In fact, he doesn't even live in Missouri. But he's no stranger to helping families of those missing and victims of crime.

Earlier this week, Mammana appeared on MSNBC to discuss Amanda Jones and other missing people cases. The 46 year old Philadelphia egg company owner says he's donated millions of his own money in hundreds of cases over the years including Natalie Holloway and Philadelphia mom-to-be Latoya Figuerora, whose boyfriend was recently arrested for her murder.

In a phone interview to News Channel Five today Mammana says,
"Sometimes it doesn't seem fair when one family gets a large reward and another family doesn't get anything. I have the capabilities of spreading myself across the board and that's what I want to do."

And that's what he did for Amanda Jones' family ...

con't. on link

G)
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a story, GG. Amanda remains unfound tonight, but not out of lack of effort from unselfish heroes like this guy.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: