www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing in Spartanburg - Tamika Huston mystery
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, G. I turned on the tv at 9 and for a half hour there was one missing woman case after another, three covered in all, one by Fox Big News and then two by AMW.

It would be a lot better if these women weren't mssing and I could tune in a comedy instead. But I think these men are covinced they can get away with murder if they get rid of the body. Them and their defense lawyers.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could post this message on almost any missing persons case, but I might as well post it here. What I am going to say fits in a little with what rd just said:

>>Yes, G. I turned on the tv at 9 and for a half hour there was one missing woman case after another, three covered in all, one by Fox Big News and then two by AMW.

It would be a lot better if these women weren't mssing and I could tune in a comedy instead.<<

There seems to be an epidemic of missing person cases. When doctors have an epidemic they start taking measures to prevent it. Right now in Sacramento, CA we have mosquitoes carrying West Nile Virus, and the local authorities are spraying the mosquitoes from airplanes to prevent the spread of the disease. Maybe this is just my opinion but law enforcement seems to operate a little differently than the Medical field. Maybe law enforcement does see an epidemic, maybe they do try to prevent the epidemic, but just how and why does law try to prevent all of these missing person cases? Certainly there must be better ways of protecting the public than letting defense attorneys sort of define the state of criminal law and human behaviour.

There is a war in Iraq, or was a war in Iraq, supposedly waged to protect the United States, but what is the government doing to prevent the epidemic of missing persons?

I think we should be doing some of the things that King Solomon recommended in the book of Proverbs about 3000 years ago. All of our technology does not tell us how to live, all it does is gives us more tools to live a better life, but technology does not even know what that a better life is. So right now missing persons do not seem to be an epidemic.

benn
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: HI Benn Reply with quote

Benn: I was just typing here. And, My phone shut the computer off, a little snag. Some of it was catering on the same stuff you posted. I have to call the phone company. The third time this happenned. Was just searching my computer hx for the post, no luck.

Also, I posted a long, special follow up post to you yesterday, Gone. Well, I guess I will have to comment back on three posts and try remember all of it. Not a great start.

Give me time. And benn, I wouldn't start me on the way the Medical field on the whole operates. You may open a can of worms as they say. Yes, in some epidemics they are fast to move their little special privilage behinds, but in general...Let's call this a draw. Actually, the Government is in charge of e p i d e m i c s............Not our wonderful world of medicine. (CDC) You might get a bunch of nurses, techs, pts. here to start the "bash" the drs. forum if we go on here! (OUCH)

G)
benn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G, I wasn't trying to get the Medical Field started in anything, but it might be possible that they have some ideas. After all they get a lot of the results of the missing persons cases, after it is too late. Or maybe the coroner's office is not part of the medical field.

Sorry about your missing posts. I have lost a post now and then. When I am alert I write up my message on Notepad, or another lite word processor, and then copy and paste my message to here. That way my message does not suddenly go zip and disappear.

Right now I am not obeying my rule, I am typing this right to the form here.

If the government is in charge of epidemics, where is it in the missing persons epidemic? Where is Bush? I very seldom write to Presidents, maybe once every four years, but I might give it a try now since you say, G, that Bush is in charge of missing persons.

I guess if I step on someone's foot they might even say ouch and start doing something. What size of shoes does Bush wear? :>)

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really I don't think there's anything the government at any level can do about men who think they can get away with murdering an inconvenient woman by making her disappear.

The reason they think they can get away with it is that they have to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, hence no body, no case, and they don't have to answer a question or help find their supposed loved one in any way. The Constitution guarantees that.

I do think as part of Homeland Security that we have a nationwide 911 system that identifies cell phone locations, that we provide women with cell phones that they can panic call when in danger, but most importantly that we record the GPS locations of all felons on probation.

This would be part of a system that tracks people that need tracked. Right now our law enforcement doesn't have the systems needed. WE are remiss as a nation and quite frankly have learned nothing from 9/11 if we don't move urhgently in putting the systems in place to enable law enforcement to secure our nation.

It is our own fault if we don't act, and we are not acting.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry about your missing posts. I have lost a post now and then. When I am alert I write up my message on Notepad, or another lite word processor, and then copy and paste my message to here. That way my message does not suddenly go zip and disappear.

Actually, I normally type them in Word benn, but failed to do so. Thank you anyway. I had typed you a nice summary up too on songs, and also some data here on missing persons.

Benn, you are a regular comic today, aren't you?

----In regard to Bush's shoes, I haven't seen them since I slept in the Lincoln room at the crib in DC. But the next time I'm at the ranch, I'll size them up for you. I'll send you back a report too.
You are killing me here Benn! (snickers on the humor)

I'll post back in a few comments in a couple minutes. I want to make sure my Word program or other functions are set since my phone has been ringing.

Also to note though, many wonderful people do contribute to our society by helping to promote the cause of missing people and alert the government and pass bills. I'm sure you are aware of this fact. Not every representative ignores the calls of the masses.

Those who have lost their children, or loved ones actually have turned their adversity into advocacy as I'm sure you know. Recently, Mark Lunsford in honor of his daughter contributed to having Jessica's Law Enacted.

I leave you with these few notes till I return Benn.

G)
gozgals

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Current New: Positive ID Tamika Reply with quote

http://www.fox21.com/Global/story.asp?S=3753089&nav=2KPndcvU

Monday, August 22, 2005
Human Remains Identified As Tamika Huston

A positive identification has been made on the human remains found off Highway 290 inDuncan, more than a week ago. The Spartanburg Coroner says the remains are in fact those of Tamika Huston. The 24 year old woman was reported missing in June 2004.

On August 12th, Spartanburg Public Safety Officers arrested Huston’s ex-boyfriend, Christopher Hampton, for her murder. Police say Hampton then took them to the spot where he admitted he buried Tamika, after he killed her.

The coroner analyzed those remains and with DNA tests and dental records, confirmed they were Tamika’s.

Christopher Hampton is at the Spartanburg Detention Center , if convicted he could face life in prison or the death penalty.

Quote:
Christopher Hampton is at the Spartanburg Detention Center , if convicted he could face life in prison or the death penalty.

And so he should.

Another sad ending.
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally Tamika's body has been found, may she finally rest in peace, at least her family will feel some comfort in being able to bury their beloved daughter. As for the low life who murdered her, it seems that the police had the raps on this guy for over a year, what took them so long in charging the dork is anyone's wonder! Perhaps the police had to wait until he got out of prison, but the sad thing is that the family did not appear to know that the police, "had their man."

More often than not crimes against women appear to be committed either by a husband, boyfriend or someone just out of prison. What one does to hault this wave of violence against women and children is beyond my scope to comment, however, one thing is for sure that better probabtion or a GPS marker would perhaps go along way to prevent prisoners from committing more crimes might be a start in the right direction.

We of course know that in the media in America (also in Canada re: Picton pig farm murders) that there is a reluctance or an avoidance to locate missing persons of colour or if they are deemed to be low life like prostitutes. This is tragic, we are looking for fake runnaways like the bride with the cold feet, and that of a young black woman gone missing
is of no interest to the media. We saw this in the green river murders and also all the missing young women on the boarder of Mexico, there are thundreds of missing women and nothing is happening.

Something has to change, something has got to shake up the status quo, because perhaps this is what most of the perps hope for, that the police will take no notice of a missing black person or a prostitute...that they know that society does not value these persons. This has to change and the public must take responsibility for this, that all persons are equal in the eyes of the police and the public, when this changes so might the inclination of the media.

kate
rd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no hesitance in covering Tamika here. In fact, I posted on Tamika and didn't on Natalee Holloway because I thought it well covered elsewhere. So no status quo to shake up here.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I felt the same way about Natalee Holloway and other high profile cases, yes they have enough media attention and other people get no more than a mention in the media.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly through your efforts rspecially kate we have given some of the most comprehensive coverage of several missing women cases, sadly most of whicg=h are unresolved. I'm sure they all appreciate those efforts and those of the others here.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, amazingly we have no access to forensic evidence only the information available to the public at large, yet somehow we collectively can compile information in one place that the media and sometimes the police cannot seem to do. Nor do we have the benefit of even seeing or speaking with any of these people, yet more often than not, we get it right, most times. Rather unbelieveable what the collective consciousness and conscience can accomplish. In fact few of the people writing here have ever met, how extrodinary, nor do we speak on the telephone, except on occassion there is very little communication amongst us except what is printed here for the public to view.

Reality states that the world has gone amuk, innocents are being murdered all over the world, assaulted, drugged, used and abused
and exploited...law enforcement is often not competent, nor in large enough numbers to cope with the increase in crime against innocents.

The laws are not stiff enough for offenders, nor the deterents strong enough, nor the penal and social services capable of coping with the needs of the offenders and the victims. The resources to prevent and solve crimes are not enough. There is not the political will of the government to stop crimes against innocents. If there was the resources to make improvements would be forthcoming. Plain and simple! The Government doesn't give a flying ---- about victims of crime.....

Nor is it advantageous or convienent for the media to cover crimes of innocents, not if won't sell newspapers.

If the media doesn't lobby for these cases then the public must begin this progess by themselves and collectively with those concerned about the demoralization and reduction in the quality and safety of our everyday life.

Crimes against innocents are everywhere, most of those crimes in North America are against women, young men and children. The very people who have the least voice in government, the media and they affect the least change. The Public and the Government need to wage war on the homefront, the War against crime......thank you for the opportunity of this forum to gather information and state our opinions... kate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: