www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing womens families sought O.J's lawyers for help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Missing womens families sought O.J's lawyers for help Reply with quote

rd, I think that a couple of good attorneys could dig a lot of the Chandra Levy case out and come up with a lot of answers. It is unfortunate that the Levys seem to have hired the wrong attorneys, wrong for this case. A Geragos on their side might have found things out, or a Johnnie Cochran.

This is strange. I just ran Johnnie Cochran's name through google to make sure I spelled it right, and I came up with this old story.

http://www.cbc.ca/stories/2002/04/06/missingwomen_lawyer020406

>>>Missing women's families look to O.J.'s lawyers for help
Last Updated Sat, 06 Apr 2002 14:58:59

VANCOUVER - The law firm that defended O.J. Simpson could soon be turning its attention to the missing women of Vancouver's east side.

* INDEPTH: B.C. Missing Women

Some of the missing women's families have contacted Ralph Lotkin, legal partner of Simpson defender Johnnie Cochran Jr., and asked him to look at how the police have handled the investigation.

Lotkin, they say, has agreed to come to Vancouver early next month to meet and discuss legal options.

The families want to know if pushing for an inquiry into the police handling of the case would jeopardize the ongoing investigation.<<<

Sounds a little similar rd to what we have been talking about. In today's Sacramento newspaper I read part of a story about a murder that was pretty much covered from start to frinish. The murderer has been sentenced to death.

The part of the story that caught my eye was where the murderer left some strange items at the murder scene. This reminded me of the leggings found with Chandra. I can't say much more right now because there is going to be a continuation of the story in Tuesday's newspaper. I hope more detail is given as to why the strange items were left at the murder scene. I have forgotten what the items were.

(Continued Tuesday)

benn
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am going to post the url for today's coverage of the murder I wrote about yesterday. The story is too big to be described, it has to be read. It is continuing tomorrow also.

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/projects/murder/story/13329902p-14171912c.html

I will describe the strange items at the murder scene that I mentioned yesterday. I am quoting this from yesterday's Sacrmento Bee.

"A homemade flag depicting a snake lay beside Mobillo's body with the words: 'This was a political action. Don't tread on Us.'" The murderer was an activist. Could the items he left at the murder scene have any connection in helping to solve the murder of Chandra where knotted leggings were found at her death scene?

This is really a sad story from start to finish. I will only say a few words here, or better yet quote from today's Bee on the web. " Police Officer Dave Mobilio, 31, was gunned down as he fueled his patrol car at the Warner's Petroleum station in Red Bluff on Nov. 19, 2002."

A local college student with college professor parents premeditated the murder of a local policeman. He is on death row now, which at least does say something about the justice system in California.

Maybe we can find something here that will help us in solving the Chandra Levy case.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnie Cochran died recently, I believe. Thanks for the info, benn. I moved it to Latest News.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benn's signature:
    "Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace." Proverbs 17:28

I know I've been quiet lately, Benn, but I think that's a little harsh! (Just kidding).
rd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, jane. Probably the easiest way to be considered wise. :)

rd
benn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jane, I think you and rd have me topped. I don't know where we are going from here. I will change my signature. The one after that, I have not the faintest idea what it will be.

I think I made an error in my first message about the murder in Red Bluff, the murderer was not a local college student if I remember right now, he was a college student from the State of Washington.

Quoting a little more from the story, "The killer appeared to have left a clue, though it was as mysterious as the murder itself. Placed beside Dave Mobilio's lifeless body was a homemade canvas flag with a picture of a snake and, painted in black, the enigmatic words: "This was a political action."

Printed below in smaller black letters was the warning: "Don't tread on Us."

District Attorney Cohen studied the scene. The officer had been shot three times - twice in the back and once in the head - but there were no shell casings. No witnesses. No surveillance pictures. Nothing.

Only the flag."

benn
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting the article Benn. I look forward to finishing the story (?) on Wednesday. The reporter did a good job.

The killer was from Ohio although he went to school in Washington state.

Once again the killer was on antidepressants. Shades of Columbine.

The parents of the cop killer turned him in as a protection for their son. They feared he would become a victim of angry police seeking revenge for the death of a comrade.

It wasn't police work but rather the parents of the young man that killed the cop who were responsible for solving the case.

The fact that the man had a web site that told the story of the murder and gave his name and motive would have insured his eventual capture (or death), which is what the young man wanted. To shed light on his cause.

In Chandra's case, the reverse is true. Clues were not left to lead to the murderer but rather to mislead (IMO).

In any case, thanks for posting the link to the story Benn.

ls
gozgals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Thanks benn Reply with quote

Benn:

Thanks for posting the recent story - Hanging on by my nails for the next segment.

This guy reminds me of the American Terrorist in Iraq, (his name escapes me) who shot at US soldiers. I have been trying to think of his name for the last hour. It will come to me or I’ll ask a someone or go nuts. Help me out here?

I don’t feel anti-depressants have anything to do with the demise of this guy. My opinion is that anti-depressants may be a significant cause in a few crimes but in this case, his own planning and actions prove this is not the main factor.

----------- I would like to find his website, if it is still available*

Along the way, this man was searching for a reason for angst toward his government. Maybe born too late to find a protest- the Vietnam War, or to write a song. Maybe joining a cult would have proved worthy for him. I have no sympathy for him. Shooting a law officer and stealing his life with malice intent justifies a harsh penalty. Maybe the drug culture would have been his better choice. And I have never suggested that as a way for anyone. Maybe that would have spared this LE officers life. We are all responsible, (unless of course, we are insane) for the choices we make.

Having stated ONLY MY OPINION, I feel his parents are doing their jobs. They must find the best defense possible for their son. Thank God they had the moral direction to turn him in. If the parents feel associating the blame to anti-depressants for the crime, so be it.

Didn’t it state, “he once was part of a white supremacy group too?
Hum, makes me wonder. Usually people with hatred toward their government shoot politicians, don’t they? That at least is what I have read.

I feel sorry for the LE official and his family. This guy was a walking time bomb and wasted a life that was worth living. IF anyone can use an anti-depressant excuse, there are cases that are up for appeal. Yes, too often negligent physicians over-prescribe medications and never listen to patient complaints when they are taking prescribed mood elevators. This is often a cause for lawsuits, etc.

I look forward to reading more benn. Also, I enjoy your quotes and your articles.

Thanks, have a great day.

If I had to use a TV Lawyer, I would use Ted Williams. The others look too shady, and shark like.

Last edited by gozgals on Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
rd

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, gozgals. We sent a copy of Murder on a Horse Trail to Ted, letting him know that we had quoted him in it, and he graciously acknowledged the book. There apparently was no interest in mentioning the book on any shows he appeared in after that though. He appeared extensively throughout the Peterson case on Greta. I agree he would be the best of the tv lawyers.

rd
gozgals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Ted Williams Reply with quote

I think all the attys. got wrapped up in Peterson. I still feel Ted would be the best. "Jeff Fieger's" firm is not one I would put high on my list due to my own personal experience with their office. Money is always a factor, unless of course this is in the spotlight again.

Still looking forward to Benn's article
G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: