www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flammini Gems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Flammini Gems Reply with quote

The Least Loyal Former Employee Award
According to an "investigation source" in the Star, former Condit aide Vince Flammini supposedly told the FBI that the congressman had a weakness for the ladies but always drew a line in the sand: "If the women ever told him they loved him or asked him to leave his wife he'd coldly dump them on the spot."

http://slate.msn.com/id/111742/

Guess he was right about that- I recall a story about Joleen crying uncontrollably one day and another Condit staffer that attempted to comfort her. She must have pressed the issue.

Excerpt:

And while he has refused to talk to the media, Levy's aunt told reporters that her niece had shared details of an affair with Condit. A flight attendant has also claimed Condit asked her to lie about their alleged affair, something denied by Condit in a statement. And the lawmaker's former driver has claimed Condit's public image did not always match his private life. "Gary was a good Congressman, but he could easily win an Oscar," said driver Vince Flammini."

Those stories have long-time Condit supporters like Karen Fredriksz saying they want to hear from the congressman himself.

"Everybody else keeps coming out with things they're saying, but he's not really contradicting anything or anything like that, so I think that's what's bothering me a little bit," she said.

"If you have nothing to hide, then why don't you just say so," she added.

End excerpt

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/07/08/condit.supporters/

Excerpt:

Condit, through aides, has said he was friends with Levy, who had just completed an internship with the federal Bureau of Prisons, but the 53-year-old married father of two has denied speculation about an affair.

Flammini, who was recently let go by Condit, said he was not seeking revenge against the congressman by talking about his former boss.

"I want to know what happened to this girl, just like everybody else," he said. "And I pray every day that we find out what happened to her. But I do not, in my heart, feel that Gary has anything to do with her disappearance, except that he might have a little bit more information that might help the police. And I don't think he'd tell if you'd put him in one of those medieval stretchers."

Flammini said he also knew of Condit's relationship with a flight attendant. That woman, Anne Marie Smith, went public with her story of an affair earlier this week and said that Condit had asked her to lie about it.

In a statement Tuesday, Condit did not describe what, if any, relationship he had with Smith but said he had never asked her to "mislead the authorities" investigating' Levy's disappearance.

"No doubt in my mind whatsoever that they were having an affair," Flammini said, adding that he thought Condit let him go because he knew of the relationship.

End excerpt

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/07/05/condit.chauffeur/
benn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ls. I will add one here from memory. I probably have my NE book around, but my memory should be close enough.

This was told by Flammini. He drove Condit to a woman's apartment in San Francisco. I remember the nickname, "peanuts," but I won't put the woman's name even though I think that I remember it. I think she is married now.

Anyway Condit came out of the apartment in a short time in a huff. Peanuts had mentioned to Condit some gathering where he could meet some members of her family. He immediately became angry and left, just as your message says.

So I have thought this about Condit, that he really was trying to hide his relationships even though some fans of his claim he had nothing to hide. Those fans of his might fall into the same category type as women who want to become close friends of men in prison.

benn
laskipper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know more about that story, Benn. I vaguely recall a story about Condit going to a girlfriend's house in California but I didn't recall your details. Maybe he was on a damage control mission? Maybe Peanut was wise and told him that the only way she would speak to him was in the company of her relatives?

Sounds like the scenario was after the 'breakup'.

Let's see if we can find that info?

ls
benn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have looked for the NE book, ls, and I don't see it. I may have put it into the apartment complex clubroom for someone else to read, or it might still be in my room. Sometimes people help me straighten up, and they do so with good intentions, but they often move things around so that i can't find them for a while.

I had two of the NE books at one time, but I think the last one probably went into the clubroom.

One last thought. It may still be in there, in the clubroom. I will look in there for it later in the morning. Maybe someone else can find what I referred to in the book.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peanut is Joleen McKay, and I believe I cover everything about her in Murder on a Horse Trail, including the many trips Flammini went on driving Condit to her apartment in San Francisco and waiting outside.

On one of those last trips in 1996, Joleen gave Condit The Watch.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben this was Joleen McKay that was referred to by Flammi about the story of Condit calling her peanuts and breaking up with her because she has invited him to a family gathering...This is from memory but I'm sure it was Joleen....

Seems rd and I were typing a reply at the same time!
benn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rd and kate. I was fairly certain it was Joleen, but I thought maybe skipper wanted more details. Also the women whom Condit dated should be allowed to distance themselves as far away from him as they can, which is the reason that I did not want to mention Joleen's name again.

Lin Wood is partly responsible for all of this nonsense when he tries to turn fiction into truth. His mistake, however, is that the truth is going to win over the evil.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, kate, great minds think alike and all that! :)

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: