www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Where Are They Now?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Where Are They Now? Reply with quote

I just found this while free-associating on the net. I can't find an obituary for the camera shy former press spokesman for Gary Condit. Its from a listing for 'electronic net' contact information. Is this possibly a "H.S." moment? Or is it just a commonly encountered name?

I didn't see an appropriate thread for the updating of info on the main characters in the mystery so I've started this one.

"82.  GROVES, RANDY (deceased) Available  ALEXANDRIA  VA 53  Available   
83.  GROVES, RANDY (deceased) Available  ALEXANDRIA  VA 53  Available   
84.  GROVES, RANDY (deceased) Available  WOODBRIDGE  VA 53  Available   

26.  GROVES, RANDY J Available  SACRAMENTO  CA 52  Available  Available 
27.  GROVES, RANDY J Available  SACRAMENTO  CA 52  Available  Available 
28.  GROVES, RANDY J Available  SACRAMENTO  CA 52  Available  Available "

James
fallout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction to the post above. I found the listing of Randy Groves (deceased) at :

http://www.usa-people-search.com/Default.aspx?view=
(they charge $39 for more info. I'm not doing that yet)
not at a local electronics net...

I've been searching everywhere. Jane found the same article I did about a mentally challenged man in Fredericksburg, Va. aged 52 who was killed by a car but I'm not sure its the same guy listed at yahoo.

While searching JFC I found the following post from Blondie exactly one year ago. Weird coincidence.

"blondie
Posted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Ken and Randy Groves
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is Ken Groves, the campaign consultant, Randy Groves father?Back to top"
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add what little we know about Randy Groves. Nothing about when he left.

Groves did appear before the grand jury, after which Chandra's body was found in Rock Creek Park. Then Lynch testified, and Dayton was never called as Niles Lathem was led to believe and reported. Why?

rd

Randy Groves:
Press Secretary
Census
Criminal Justice
Defense
Housing
Science/Technology
Veterans

Dogs out again searching for missing woman
AP
May 30, 2001

Rep. Gary Condit, D-Calif., who says Levy is "a good friend," is among the witnesses who have been interviewed by police seeking clues to the young woman's disappearance. Condit's legislative director, Randy Groves, reiterated Wednesday that the congressman will have nothing further to say about the case.

Levys said to refuse Condit's calls
MSNBC
June 20, 2001

Rep. Gary Condit repeatedly tried last weekend to phone the parents of missing intern Chandra Levy, but the couple refused to take his calls, Condit's spokesman told NBC News on Tuesday.

ROBERT AND SUSAN LEVY of Modesto, Calif., the missing woman's parents, "made it clear they wanted to have a conversation" Saturday, but not without having an attorney present, said Randy Groves, Condit's press secretary.

Groves said Condit, D-Calif., called to answer questions the Levys raised in an interview last week on MSNBC Cable.

Condit Staffers So Surprised!!
By MICHAEL DOYLE
Modesto Bee
March 26, 2002

Randy Groves, who formerly held the title of Condit's press secretary, has since left the congressman's office and could not be reached to comment. Like Lynch and Dayton, Groves was repeatedly left in the public eye last year during Condit's four-month public silence about the Levy disappearance.

GRAND JURORS WILL GRILL 3 TOP CONDIT STAFFERS
NY Post
By NILES LATHEM
March 27, 2002

Three of Rep. Gary Condit's top aides will join their boss on a federal grand jury hot seat as prosecutors pursue charges the disgraced California pol misused his congressional office, The Post has learned.
Sources close to the rapidly expanding investigation said last night that Condit's top aides, Mike Lynch and Mike Dayton, as well as press secretary Randy Groves are expected to receive subpoenas along with Condit to appear before a federal grand jury in Washington next month.

The aides, who have not yet been formally notified that they are to appear before the grand jury, are expected to be peppered with questions about Condit's alibi during April and May last year when ex-intern Chandra Levy went missing - as well as their role in questionable actions taken by Condit to deflect attention from his reported affair with the attractive California co-ed, sources said.

Grand Jury Hearing From Condit's Aides
More Levy Bones Identified As Lipstick Is Also Found
By Allan Lengel and Sari Horwitz
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, June 12, 2002

A District grand jury probing the Chandra Levy homicide and allegations that Rep. Gary A. Condit obstructed justice in the case has begun to hear testimony from current and former members of Condit's inner circle.

Sources familiar with the probe said Mike J. Lynch, the California Democrat's chief of staff, and Randy Groves, a former legislative aide and press secretary, were asked about Condit's relationship with Levy and allegations that Condit obstructed justice. ...

Lynch appeared before the grand jury Friday, and Groves testified May 17, according to their attorneys. The attorneys said they were limited as to what they could say about the appearances, but indicated that their clients were cooperative.

Condit who was having an affair with Levy at the time of her disappearance May 1, 2001, was subpoenaed to testify before the grand jury in April. It is unclear, however, whether he ever talked to the D.C. Superior Court panel.

from Condit's campaign expense records:

Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $1,000 11/15/2001 Campaign Consulting
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $1,000 11/29/2001 Campaign Consulting
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $800 1/15/2002 Campaign Consulting
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $800 1/31/2002 Campaign Consulting
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $800 2/19/2002 Campaign Consulting
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $800 3/4/2002 Campaign Consulting
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $800 2/19/2002 Phone Banking
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $800 3/4/2002 Phone Banking
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $789 2/26/2002 Reimb. of Vol. Refresh./Postage
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $789 2/26/2002 Reimbursement of Expenses
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $500 11/6/2001 Campaign Consulting
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $300 2/11/2002 Postage
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $58 1/18/2002 Volunteer Refreshments
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $41 1/22/2002 Volunteer Refreshments
Ken Groves, Ceres, CA $4 4/23/2002 Reimbursement of Expenses
rd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that Condit employed consultant Don Langman's son Chip, I'd say its safe to bet that Randy Groves is Ken Groves son.

I also think that as political consultant's sons it's not a mystery why they both bailed on Condit after Chandra disappeared when it became clear that Condit was lying to them and everyone else.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: