www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Inaguration 2001

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Inaguration 2001 Reply with quote

JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING GUYS. Has anyone ever looked for pictures of Chandra at the last inaguation and the inagural ball? I don't think so , but I'm not sure. I'll start looking. Just talked to someone in the know who said to get tickets for the swearing in in a VIP section you have to really know someone big!!!
blondie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

couldn't find anything yet
laskipper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Inauguration Ball trivia Reply with quote

Well, Blondie, I spent about an hour searching for some pictures of the 2001 Inauguration Ball and found very little. The Free Republic link had the most- but that was their ball and pictures of Freepers.

I did come across some trivia that I thought was kinda interesting:

As time went on, the balls became larger and increasingly elaborate.

Dwight Eisenhower had four balls
John Kennedy had five
Richard Nixon- six
Jimmy Carter- seven.
Ronald Reagan- eight
George H. W. Bush - nine balls

Opps, the pattern was broken

Bill Clinton- 14

GW Bush - as far as I can ascertain, had 8 balls (2001)

http://www.cnn.com/2001/ALLPOLITICS/stories/01/20/inaugural.balls/

Regressing?

Eisenhower brought back the tradition of the Inaugural Balls after 53 years(or was it 56?) of none.
blondie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking. I couldn't find anything either.
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I have in Murder on a Horse Trail about it, from chapter Friendships:

Jennifer Baker and her other USC classmates were home to stay, but USC friend Michelle Yanez said Chandra wanted to stay in Washington and extend her stay beyond her internship because of her relationship, but her parents wanted her to come home. [8] Despite that, Chandra visited one night and was on her way back to D.C.

With her friends back home and Condit home in Ceres as well, Chandra spent Christmas in Washington alone. She did get a gold bracelet from Condit for Christmas, but unknown to each other identical to Anne Marie's Christmas gift. First the promise of Palm Spring vacations, then gold bracelets. Identical gifts certainly made the logistics of handling two mistresses easier, one may presume.

Condit had a campaign expenditure disbursement on January 18, 2001 for $830 to Neiman Marcus in Washington, D.C. that probably would have covered the pair of very nice double clasp bracelets he got Chandra and Anne Marie for Christmas. [9] But then again, maybe not. The Neiman Marcus purchase was described as gifts to contributors, and Chandra Levy and Anne Marie Smith weren't listed as contributors to Condit's campaign. Still, he paid for them somehow.

Chandra was even more disappointed to find out Linda was ill for the New Year's visit she was going to make to Paul and Linda's. Linda says "she was kind of sad because she had spent Christmas by herself, and she hadn't gone home to the West Coast. So I could see -- I could hear that she was disappointed, but I was feeling lousy...". [10] Chandra recovered well, going to a black-tie affair on New Year's Eve with a friend.

But she was waiting for her man to come back to Washington. She e-mailed one friend: "Everything else here is going good. My man will be coming back here when Congress starts up again. I'm looking forward to seeing him." [11] And in January, Chandra was in the VIP section for the Bush inauguration.

8. Thermos, Wendy. " Student Vanishes Without a Word. " New York Times 12 May 2001.

9. " Campaign Finance Reports and Data " at http://www.fec.gov, 5 Sep. 2002.

10. " Chandra's Aunt's Statement. " Fox News. 9 July 2001.

11. Harnden, Toby. " Fears for missing intern linked to congressman. " Telegraph U.K. 18 May 2001.

end quote

I wonder who she attended with, blondie? By herself? Who was the friend she went to a black tie affair on New Years Eve? Sven would not be starting at the BOP till February.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the relevant reference for the VIP ticket, from Lisa DePaulo:

As was her way, Chandra had been dropping hints for months. Her father could be heard on a home video in December teasing her about her "congressman friend". Then, in January, there was that unusual access Chandra had to the Bush inauguration. As proud as the Levys were of their daughter, even they had to wonder: how had a 23-year-old intern landed a seat in the VIP section?

DePaulo, Lisa. Talk Magazine article on Chandra Levy. Excerpt. London Times U.K. 12 Aug. 2001.

rd
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the relevant reference for the New Year's Eve black-tie outing, from Linda Zamsky's statement:

"Then we spoke at Christmas. She was supposed to come over for New Year's Eve, spend New Year's Eve with me. And I got sick a couple days after Christmas, so I don't know if I spoke to her once or twice, but basically I told her not to come because I was feeling terrible and there was no sense her coming to my house and possibly get sick, so she said OK and she was kind of sad because she had spent Christmas by herself, and she hadn't gone home to the West Coast. So I could see, I could hear that she was disappointed, but I was feeling lousy so it didn't matter to me. I mean, I was just when I'm sick, I'm sick.

"She did tell me -- after that I spoke with her sometime in January, I spoke with her and I asked her what did she do on New Year's Eve, and she told me she went to some kind of a black-tie affair with someone, I don't know who, it was a girl friend or a guy friend, and that she saw a baseball player, somebody famous was there, David Bowie, I don't know who, I don't remember, she told me there were famous people there and she had a nice evening. I don't remember if she told me her boyfriend was there or not, if the guy was there and, you know, if they looked at each other from across the room, I don't remember her telling me that.

" Chandra's Aunt's Statement. " Fox News. 9 July 2001. <www.foxnews.com>.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: