www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laura Hatch:Found:Prayers and Vivid Dreams Lead to Rescue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fallout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Laura Hatch:Found:Prayers and Vivid Dreams Lead to Rescue Reply with quote

Monday, October 11, 2004 - Page updated at 12:24 A.M.

Redmond teenager survives 8 days stuck in car wreck

By Natalie Singer
Seattle Times Eastside bureau
KING-TV

The King County Sheriff's Office thought Laura Hatch was a runaway.
A Redmond teenager, missing for eight days, was found alive yesterday at the bottom of a woodsy ravine by a member of her church who said a vision led her to the girl.

Laura Hatch, 17, was found in the back seat of her smashed car, about 150 feet below Northeast Union Hill Road in Redmond, according to the King County Sheriff's Office. She was last seen in Redmond on Oct. 2. Family and friends had been searching for her since then.

Hatch was taken to Harborview Medical Center, where she was being treated for severe dehydration, a possible blood clot near her brain, broken ribs, a broken leg and facial injuries, according to her sister, Amy Hatch.

"We were afraid that we weren't going to find her, we weren't going to get her back," Amy Hatch told KING-TV.

"This is the best thing that could happen, because there were a million awful scenarios."

It appeared Hatch was trapped in her car without food or water for eight days, said John Urquhart, King County Sheriff's spokesman.

While he has heard of people surviving that long without water, Urquhart said, he couldn't recall any similar cases in King County.

From the beginning, police thought Hatch likely was a runaway because there was no reason to suspect foul play in her disappearance.

"There was no police search," Urquhart said, adding that Hatch was last seen at a party. "We felt she was most likely a runaway. Obviously, there was another reason."

Her parents, Jean and Todd Hatch, hired a private investigator and on Saturday organized a search involving 200 volunteers, including near where the car was found yesterday.

Since her disappearance, friends suggested that Laura Hatch might have been troubled or upset by something, but Amy Hatch said her sister showed no such signs. Her sister is an attractive, popular girl with lots of friends, Amy Hatch said.

Last night, more than 100 friends and acquaintances from Creekside Covenant Church cheered and sang at a celebratory prayer service that had been scheduled as a vigil before Hatch was found.

Church member Sha Nohr, whose daughter is friends with Laura Hatch, told the congregation how a vision led her to the lost teen.

Nohr said her teenage daughter, distraught over her missing friend, showed Nohr a photo of Hatch on Saturday and asked what they could do to find her. Nohr said she told her daughter all they could do was pray.

That night, Nohr, who belongs to an online prayer group for women, said she had several vivid dreams of a wooded area.

In the dreams, she said, she heard the message "Keep going. Keep going."

Yesterday morning, Nohr said, she woke up and felt an urgency to look for Hatch. She asked her daughter to go along.

They drove to the Union Hill area and pulled over. Nohr said she got out, but "it just didn't feel right."

So the two drove farther and stopped again in about the 20200 block of Northeast Union Hill Road. All the while, Nohr said, she prayed. "I just thought, 'Let her speak out to us.' "

At one spot, Nohr said she felt something draw her down a steep embankment. Her daughter waited up on the road while Nohr scrambled over a concrete barrier and inched her way more than 100 feet down through thick vegetation.

At the bottom, Nohr said, she saw nothing at first. She was about to leave, thinking she was wrong, when through the trees, she said, she saw what looked like a car.

It was Hatch's, crumpled so badly that it looked like "modern art," said Randy Phillips, the family's pastor.

Nohr said she called up to her daughter to get help. Her daughter stopped a passing motorist because she didn't know the name of the road they were on.

A man climbed down to help Nohr get close to Hatch, who was in the back seat.

"I told her that people were looking for her and they loved her," Nohr recalled. "And she said, 'I think I might be late for curfew.' "

While emergency crews were on the way, Nohr said, she used her cellphone to call Hatch's father, Todd Hatch.

Loved ones yesterday called the ending a miracle and spent several hours at Washington Cathedral in Redmond giving thanks.

After praying and celebrating, friends wrote messages to Hatch and her family on colored strips of paper that were then linked into a prayer chain.

"God works in powerful ways," said Stacey Behee, a church member who organized the vigil-turned-celebration. She said the congregation held several prayer vigils last week for Hatch.

As the week wore on, they never lost hope, said Anji Smith, another church member. "People just kept believing," she said. "And it worked."

Seattle Times staff reporter Sherry Stripling contributed to this report. Natalie Singer: 206-464-2704 or nsinger@seattletimes.com
jane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - what a good thing her friend paid attention to that vision.

This is one case where Benn's idea for a transponder would have been the ticket.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another example of why police shouldn't be too quick to assume a missing person beyond the earliest stages of childhood ran way or wanted to disappear.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'I think I might be late for curfew.'

Seems Laura's sense of humour was intact after her ordeal!
rd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think she was joking, jane. I think she was delirious after eight days without water, in all that pain and shock.

Again, people are having to do the searching because police just assume runaway, just as in Chandra's case.

This is a real testimony to the power of prayer.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a case in my area recently where a young man was missing. The police could not find any trace of him until a highway workman accidently found a car hidden in some bushes just off of the highway. The young man was in the car dead. His car had evidently veered off of the highway, and he was killed in the crash, or died later.

The car was very near to the highway, but the bushes had hidden the car until the highway workman accidently discovered it.

(I wish people would drive a little more slowly and a little more carefully. A lot of car accidents are one car accidents which means that the driver was probably speeding, or maybe the driver fell asleep. Drunken driving causes the majority of the fatal car accidents in the United States.)

benn
jane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If dogs had been used it seems likely they would have found her, do you think?
benn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a good idea, jane.

benn
fallout

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a spectacular example of the power of the unconscious mind as directed by prayer and the dreaming process. I've read skeptics who have written that psychics and mystics who claim to have information about missing or murdered persons are often getting in the way of police investigations. This woman was not a professional psychic; just the concerned mother of a friend and a fellow church-goer. And, without her attention to 'the information' that she received, the police would have still been looking and the teen would probably have died.

I may have mentioned to some of you the strange dream I had in the Spring of 2001. It involved a commercial airline taking off from Newark airport and then arcing down into lower Manhattan. In the dream I was running with a group of people through a dark tunnel until we saw light up ahead. It was very, very vivid and I mentioned it to enough people here that they remembered it in September.

I had an equally vivid dream in 2002 about Chandra Levy where she was sitting on a 'log' with an older man (with dark hair and a moustache). They kissed and then Chandra removed her sunglasses and looked back up into the trees. After more than two years of looking at pictures of people in the Google 'images' section who resembled this man on the log in the dream the closest I've found is a guy named Joseph Farah who is the publisher of World Net Daily.

Over the last three years a number of you have also had interesting visions of the case and in a few instances I went down to DC and Virginia to check them out. I was limited in where I could go but want to eventually follow up on all of them.

Anyway, this wonderful case in Seattle is very encouraging.

James
blondie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fallout - can you post a picture of him? I'd like to see him.
jane

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blondie - there's a picture at this link:

http://www.radioamerica.org/Program2003/worldnetdailyreport.htm

(He's kind of a nice-looking guy.)
blondie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes he's nice looking. I had been wondering if his looks fit the description of the picture being shown around. I don't think so.
fallout

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at Farah's whereabouts on May 1, 2001 and he could have been in the DC area at that time. One thing to keep in mind is that my spotting a guy in a waking-dream fitting his description doesn't narrow it down to him alone. There are probably a few others who might be the one. My first impression was that the guy looked like Dennis Farina the actor.

And, this guy could simply be an important witness. Maybe he was someone who knew Chandra and had imagined such a scene. There's no telling where these strange images come from.....

Speaking of the Maryland picture....Here's another candidate for the 'lobbyist' who threw parties for congressmen. He was in the news today talking about the anti-Kerry film that his company will be airing.

for a picture and the following bio go to:
http://www.newscentral.tv/station/bios/mhyman.shtml

Mark Hyman is the Vice President for Corporate Relations for Sinclair, the nation’s largest operator of television stations. Sinclair’s television operations are diverse in programming with stations affiliated with the top six networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, UPN and WB). Sinclair currently owns, operates, programs, or provides sales services to 63 television stations, reaching one in four U.S. television households. Sinclair’s corporate headquarters are based in Hunt Valley, Maryland.

In his current position, he is the head of Corporate Relations which includes developing strategic policy, managing Federal, state and local legislative and regulatory relations, public and media affairs, and community outreach and charitable activities. Sinclair’s total media operations are located in 24 states.

He served briefly in the Army before attending college on an Army ROTC scholarship. He was later accepted to the U. S. Naval Academy from which he graduated in 1981. He served as a naval officer on ships assigned to the East and West coasts and he served in the U.S. Navy’s European headquarters in London. He has conducted worldwide travel with extensive time spent in the Middle East. He left active duty in 1989 and became employed as a civilian in the Office of Naval Intelligence, which included assignments with the U.S. On-Site Inspection Agency as a disarmament treaty weapons inspector in former Warsaw Pact countries. A Captain in the Naval Reserve, he has served in leadership positions in CIA’s National Warning Staff, the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office and he is currently a Commanding Officer in the Naval Reserve’s Space and Network Warfare Program.

In 1995, he attended Johns Hopkins University on an American Political Science Association Congressional Fellowship and worked in the U.S. House of Representatives. He joined Sinclair in 1997 as the Director of Government Relations and was promoted to his current position in 1999. He is an officer and director of the Maryland-D.C.-Delaware Broadcasters Association. He has appeared on CNN, Fox News and NPR, on local radio stations, has been interviewed in national publications including the New York Times, Washington Post and USA Today, and he hosts "The Point with Mark Hyman", televised commentaries appearing on Sinclair TV stations with a daily household audience more than four million viewers. He has been a speaker and panel member at numerous conventions and he has testified before Congress.

The military organizations in which he has served have been awarded four CIA National Intelligence Meritorious Unit Commendations during his service, and he has been awarded the Navy Meritorious Civilian Service Award, and several Navy and Joint military awards. He was selected as an International Who’s Who of Professionals for 1998 and 2001 and Who’s Who for 2001 and 2002. He is active in several area community and charity groups. Mark is married and has 4 children.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: