www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Search For Justice:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crimesolver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: The Search For Justice: Reply with quote

Like all of you who have visited the Justiceforchandra website, I find myself continually drawn to unsolved cases. If I could only help that mother or father find their missing child, or help put a guilty individual behind bars - then I believe that somehow justice could be served. In researching these unsolved cases, I have found that I often see a set of facts in a way that often others do not, and I believe I have a good understanding of human behavior, motivation, and psychology. I also thrive on crime research and analysis. All of us are here, because we share many of the same talents, and interests, and are striving for the same goal. Please join me in this search for justice.
I find it fascinating to try to understand human behavior in terms of what motivates a person to commit a particular crime. In the case of Scott Peterson, the prosecution has attempted to portray that Scott's motive in killing Laci and their unborn child - was his relationship with Amber Frey.While Scott wanted to continue a relatiionship with Amber, I believe that Scott never intended for it to be long term. I say this because of one of the most telling pieces of testimony that came out in trial, and that was leeked to the media beforehand was that Scott had told Amber he had lost his wife, before she actually was missing. In fact, he had told Amber he had lost his wife the year before, and this was the first Christmas he was going to spend with her. At the moment that Scott told this lie to Amber, he knew that he could not have a future with her. He knew that the moment he introduced Amber to his familiy and friends, she would find out that he lost his wife after he told her and not before, and that this would only implicate him in Laci's murder, and probably sever that relationship with Amber.
I believe that Scott Peterson is a very narcissistic sociopath who is concerned only with himself and what he could gain. I believe that he thought about sex constantly, and fantasized about having another life that was very sexual. I believe that Laci originally satisfied a certain side of Scott in that she took care of him, and made him number one. I think that once she became preoccupied with the birth of his baby, she no longer served that role for him. I also believe that in his mind, the Laci he married had died. She had transferred into the martha stewart suburban housewife. He was too narcissitic to divorce her, because he did not want to pay alimony or child support. He wished she just was not there. Lo and behold, all he had to do was tell a friend that he was single, and presto, he was introduced to a sensual woman who would sleep with him on the first night. It was that easy.But now - he encountered a problem - the friend heard he was married.He knew that the friend would tell Amber, and the relationship would come to an end. He could have easily said he was separated - but no - he said he had lost his wife. This was in his mind perfect - for this lie even got him sympathy. The entire plot was hatched from that moment on. He figured that if he really lost his wife, that everything would be pefect. He was not thinking about what would happen if Amber found out the truth later -because all he was thinking about was himself and what he wanted then. He did not want the sex to stop. He did not want to be a father. He did not want to be married to Laci. He thought that he was more desirable to single women if he himself was single. This is why he purchased the boat at around the same time he went to Amber and told her he had lost his wife. He purchased the boat for cash, and it was intended to be a secret. He did not store the boat at his warehouse he used for work, but instead kept it at another storage facility. I do not believe he intended to use fishing as his alibi. He would never have committed such a cunning and calculating crime and then led the police to where he was at. I believe that he returned to his work warehouse to clean up evidence, and did not have time to return the boat to the other storage facility, and had to change his alibi to say he had gone fishing. What is fascinating, and points to the sociopathic nature of Scott Peterson is how he failed to recognize socially, what types of behaviors were appropriate for someone whose wife had disappeared. Time after time he engaged in behaviors that only pointed to his guilt. (ie. selling Laci's car, inquiring about selling the house; continuing to call Amber while his wfe was missing, and an active search was on ect.)
It is obvious to all that Scott Peterson killed his wife. It is likely however that justice will not be served for serveral reasons. One is that the prosecution is no match for Geragos. At practically every stage in the prosecutions case Geragos has been able to turn the prosecutions points around or at least make them neutral. All Geragos has to do is create reasonable doubt and Scott will get off. He will bring in the van, strangers talking to Laci in the park, ect, and all these put together could cause the jury to have doubts and he could be acquitted.
I do think it is possible that Scott Peterson committed the perfect murder.. I began to think - what if Scott Peterson could get off on the very evidence that points to his guilt? What I mean is - what if Scott Peterson actually solicited others to commit murder? What if the defense puts on their case to show that others could have committed the murder (the defense is not obligated to name names, just to bring in testimony that suggests this could have happened ie. the van, strangers in the park, ect.). What if Scott Peterson unbeknownst to his attorney, actually solicted these people to commit the crime?. Because the prosecution has not suggested or claimed in their case that there were accomplices, Scott could actually get off free and clear if Geragos is able to show that it is possible that someone else could have abducted Laci. Scott would get off even if he hired them to kill her,because the prosecution would not have linked him to these people. Whle I did not previously consider the accomplice theory, it makes sense. Scott may have taken his boat out solely for the purpose of making sure her body was properly disposed of.
Sorry this post is so long -
Please join me in a discussin of this case, as well as the Chandra Levy case, and other leading cases of the day. I look forward to your analytical observations.
rd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first post, crimesolver. This is a good approach, to have a crimesolver thread where we can think out loud on these open cases, and I know you have some original thoughts and interesting info to share here.

I agree with all the above including that he couldn't introduce Amber to his family where she would over time learn too much about his past, and therefore not truly be a long term relationship, and by the same token I agree with you and disagree with any prosecution notion that he was replacing Laci with Amber. He would have run wild once Laci was gone and he had her money, the money from the house, etc.

We look forward to your thoughts on Chandra, Jon Benet, and other crimes and I hope leads to fruitful crimesolving. We also have a thread per case (Lori Hacking and Jon Benet cases both in Woman Missing in Utah on Monday thread) in Latest News with discussion on latest news which I hope you will also be able to add to, but a focus on one's analytical thoughts across cases is a good idea.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if I should jump in here or not. I see, crimesolver that you are an attorney and a writer. That says a little but not too much either. Not too long ago I was working in a small office building where there were four law firms. One was a marine law firm, another was a one man firm, who rented space from one of the other firms. There were two law firms who specialized partly at least in some political issues, mostly related to the environment. There were no criminal law firms there.

It was interesting to be there, and also interesting to move on.

Just my own opinion I don't see that we the public can do much to help, or hinder the Scott Peterson case. It is underway. Stanislaus County is doing its best, which may not be enough, but then it often appears that our legal system is not enough either.

In contrast there is no court trial taking place in the Chandra Levy case. There seems to be a recent flurry of interest by law enforcement in that area, but we don't know much about that either. Have the DC police and the FBI done enough in the Chandra Levy case, or have they had other priorities? As in the Scott Peterson case where the action is now fairly much out of the hands of the public, the Chandra Levy investigation also seems to be out of the hands of the public.

Is justice being done for the victims, and the public, in either case? It is hard for laymen to know. Mr. crimesolver, can you help us?

benn
crimesolver

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you rd for your reply. I will definitely post about the other cases as well.
Ben- I am actually not a Mr., but a Ms. As for the criminal law interest, I was a manager of mutual funds and a strategic planning analysit for a large commercial bank, and got married and had kids while in law school. I have put my law career on hold for a few years as I wanted to be home for my children. In the meantime I wrote, and became fascinated with criminal law and crime research- my true passion. I am about to re-enter the work force, and am also writing a crime novel.
I have found things through research that has enabled me to contact the FBI and law enforcement, and I have been asked on numerous times to provide the links to how I obtained this information. I have recently uncovered something extremely fascinating in the JonBenet Ramsey case, which appears to tie a particular individual who has never been named as a suspect before to the ransom note. I have found at least six things that tie this individual to the note. I have been in contact with someone who knows the Ramseys cloesely and personally, and they were extremely interested in this information and they passed on this information directly to them. If this does not turn out lead directly to the killer, I will keep looking.
You are right in that the public cannot truly serve justice in the Laci Peterson case, as that case is already in the courts - unless of course one uncovers something never found before. I believe for example, that Scott Peterson has perhaps killed a woman before (the murder of Laci Peterson was too cunning and calculating, and Scott appears too cold to be a first time murderer. I believe that there is another reason why Scott Peterson left Arizona State after six months on a partial golf scholarship, to return home. I believe there is also a reason why Scott gave up the successful restaraunt he had with Laci and returned home. This was not a man who would have been happy to return home to live near his wife's parents in Modesto and work in the fertilizer business. I found this intriguing. I investigated every single missing person case and unsolved homocide in both Arizona and California for those specific time periods. I believe that it is possible that Scott might have had relationships with women from lower socio economic backgrounds perhaps even prostitutes. Perhaps one or two of these women disappeared, but were considered runaways, and their disappearances did not get very much media attention. Perhaps he never told these women his true name, and he was never truly connected to them. This is an example of how the public can help. There are always avenues to explore. I had identified so many women that one of the other posters on another crime forum actually created a site devoted solely to these cases. If I was in California and Arizona I would have gone and met with the families of these women - that is my passion.
There are always ways the public can get involved, even when a case has gone to court, or a suspect has been named. In the Elizabeth Smart case for example, in the early part of the investigation, a suspect was named, soley because his license plate had a minor resemblence to a number a person remembered. The police went on a large manhunt for that individual even though he had nothing to do with the crime. The actual license plate was not recorded. I had the idea that the license plate could be a vanity plate, and the first three letters on that plate could stand for that persons first, middle and last name, with the last three digits standing for the month and year that person was born. I was able to find in the sex offender database for Colorado, an offender with those exact initials and that exact birth date. While it turned out that that was just a coincidence - it might have turned out otherwise. You just never know. It is however, at least to me, always fascinating and interesting to try to understand human behavior.
I find the case of Mark Hacking for example, very intruiging. It was reported in the media that he called himself Franz or Doctor Franz to the patients in the psychiatric ward at the hospital that he worked at. I was able through research to find that there was an individual named Franz (I cant recall his last name for a minuite) who was a leader of the Jehovahs Witnesses. As it turned out, that individual lied about graduating from college. In fact, he dropped out after just a few semesters. In addition, he lied about being a Rhodes scholar. He lived his life a lie. It has been said that when he died, he left no survivors, only victims. I believe that Mark modeled himself after this person.
We are all on this forum because we have an interest in crime solving, understanding human behavior, and wish that justice will be served. It is this bond that brings us all together. I believe that with there are many crimesolvers out there - you, me - all of us this forum. Together, we could put the pieces of the puzzle together, and help put a guilty person behind bars.
rd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a current mystery of missing women in Lubbock, Texas, with Joanna Rogers and Jennifer Wilkerson being the two latest there to disappear. What little info we have on that is in the Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX thread.

Have you done any research on Chandra's murder? Any thoughts on her disappearance?

rd
crimesolver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear rd,
I am not familiar with the texas cases, but will read up on them, and see what I come up with.
As for Chandra Levy, in the first six months after she disappeared, I pretty much read every article, that was written about her disappearance, and spent hours doing my own research on line. After her body was found, and after there was some speculation that someone who had accosted a woman in that same park had been incarcerated, and could have been responsible for her murder, I stopped focusing on that case as I went onto other cases. I have however always believed that her murder was a pre-arranged killing that was meant to prevent Chandra from disclosing information she was privy to. I have also believed that Chandra's internship at the Burea of Prisons was cut short purposefully. Someone tipped off Chandra's supervisor that she had actually completed all her coursework before her graduation, and thus her internship was abruptly terminated. Someone wanted to make sure that Chandra left that position immediately - and even left town immediately - and someone then wanted to make sure she was gone for good.
I do recall that there were so many possiblities and motives, many which were tied to Condit. I would have to go back and review all of the information regarding this case, to refresh my memory about all the pieces to the puzzle, including new information that has been disclosed to the public
rd

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything there, very well said. Michael Doyle in his Modesto Bee article today indicates that Guandique never panned out as a suspect. I question Guandique as a suspect in my book Murder on a Horse Trail.

That can be downloaded as an ebook for $6 from Amazon and then it's still useful after reading as a research document because you can search through it as a .pdf document.

It would be nice to come up with something on the Lubbock, Texas missing women. Nan posts here on that and at this point it looks like a serial murderer, but next to nothing in national press about it.

rd
crimesolver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd - I will try to download that book and will look into those other cases in Texas.

Crimesolver
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: