www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The letter Condit should have sent to his constituents?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: The letter Condit should have sent to his constituents? Reply with quote

I found this at Newsmax - the kind of letter someone thinks Gary Condit should have sent to his constituents, I guess.
-------------------------------------
Condit's Letter

John LeBoutillier
Monday, Aug. 20, 2001

On Friday, Aug. 17, 2001, Congressman Gary Condit's political consultant, Richie Ross, told the Associated Press that the embattled officeholder will begin his fight for rehabilitation with a letter to his constituents.
Ross said that Condit knows voters in his district are angry, disappointed and frustrated, particularly with his refusal to issue more than brief statements. But, Ross said, Condit "trusts that his relationship with the voters will heal."

I can just imagine being one of his constituents, opening a letter from my esteemed congressman ... to find this:

My Friends and Constituents,
I know that a few of you are unhappy over the events of the past few months. I wanted to write directly to you to explain everything – and not to let the hostile news media distort the truth, as I see it.

For example, all these reports about my supposed "womanizing." What nonsense! Twenty-seven women! I can't believe such things! As my loyal and dedicated chief of staff, Mike Lynch, said, "Of all the woman who have worked in our congressional offices – some 142 women – not one has ever filed a sexual harassment lawsuit. Not one!"

The flight attendant, Anne Marie Smith? Nothing – absolutely nothing – went on with her whatsoever! Have you flown a lot lately? The delays and canceled flights are so inconvenient. All I did was to provide her with my apartment in D.C. to use when she couldn't get a hotel room. I think that was pretty nice, don't you?

The watch box? Did you know that New York ships tons and tons of its garbage on barges to Virginia? Well, I wanted my place to look neat and tidy for guests – the D.C. cops were coming over one evening – so I cleaned it up. The useless watch box and other trash had to be thrown out. I just decided if New York's trash could go to Virginia, so could mine. There was nothing odd or sneaky about it.

Chandra Levy, as I recall, was a nice young woman. I called her a friend and a constituent – the same way I addressed you in this letter as a friend and a constituent. I didn't know her too well. I am so busy up on the Hill – and these young things just throw themselves at you. I cannot recall much about her – including what we did the last time we saw each other. I don't remember if we had sex. But, even if we did, that is my personal business. And there must be a separation between a congressman's personal life and his public life.

I think you – as voters in next year's election – need to look at the totality of my record. Of all the woman I have known – at least 142 in my office plus the dozens of 'friends' who throw themselves at you daily up on Capitol Hill and on airplanes – I ask you: How many others are missing?

None!
Out of all these women, no others are missing! In its totality that is a pretty darn good record, if you ask me. Yes, indeed, we all need to pray for Chandra – don't forget that I have pledged $10,000 from my campaign for a reward to anyone who finds her – but we also need to move on with our lives.

On my silence about the details of this case, let me tell you something. The D.C. cops and the FBI and I have been working hand-in-hand to solve this case. Hey, please remember I was the one who got the FBI into this case in the first place! We have all agreed to keep quiet about the details. Obviously I have wanted to talk to you about it all, but the authorities have asked me not to.

On my phone call at midnight to the flight attendant, Anne Marie Smith, from Luray, Virginia: I thought I was being pretty nice. I was down there on congressional business. I can't tell you what it was because of national security concerns, but I called her to say I was out of town and she could use my place as a crash pad if she needed it. Pretty nice of me, don't you think?

As for my alibi on May 1 – the day this girl, Chandra, disappeared – I cannot recall every minute. But I know that – as always – I was busy working for the best interests of my district. Whatever I did that afternoon after leaving Vice President Cheney's office was totally for you. So I cannot remember about four hours – and my staff can't remember either – but that is very normal. We are all working so hard for you that we lose track of time!

But, rest assured, as my polygraph showed, I had nothing to do with Chandra's disappearance whatsoever. Even the FBI must agree, as they aren't even asking me to take another test. That is yet another way I have saved you money! I paid for the polygraph myself – and we do not need any duplication of services in an already overburdened government.

As for my poor brother, Darrell, down in a Florida prison, I can only ask, have you ever heard of Billy Carter and Roger Clinton?

Much has been made of my love for motorcycles. It is true that I often drive around the district on my Harley. But, again, I am saving you money by doing so! Congressmen get a gas allowance – and the mileage on my bike saves hundreds of dollars yearly compared to a car.

Now, as for my 'disguise': Yes, it is true I have a pseudonym – Barry K – which I occasionally have used in beauty salons in Georgetown and San Francisco. I really can't say anymore about this because, as you know, I am a member of the House Intelligence Committee.

Finally, I need to address the Bees. Both the Modesto Bee and the Fresno Bee have called on me to resign. I reject them both – and I wish I had a giant can of OFF to spray on such ill-conceived editorials. I will not resign. I am going to run for re-election because all I care about is serving the people of this district. I feel comfortable with that decision.

As my father, the Reverend Condit, said, "We all need closure. It is time to move on."

Let us move on – together – with God and family.

Sincerely,

Gary Condit, Member
U.S. House of Representatives

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/8/20/75605.shtml
rd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was really good from LeBiutillier.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: