www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr Levy "The case has been solved"....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Dr Levy "The case has been solved".... Reply with quote

Looking for something else, I came across the following statement made by Dr Levy and I read and reread and still come up with the fact that he stated that Chandras' "case has been solved". That was the context of the conversation w/King.

Read for yourself:

excerpt:

KING: I'm going to ask about that.

B. LEVY: Yes. The police, however -- you know, we haven't really been...

KING: Would you call them?

B. LEVY: Not really anymore because it's been -- the case has been solved by the Department of Justice and...

KING: So it's federal, too?

B. LEVY: It's federal, and we really haven't been in touch with the police recently, but...

KING: Do you have your own investigators?

B. LEVY: Yes.

S. LEVY: Yes.

www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0204/30/lkl.00.html

scroll about 1/4 down the page for the above[/b]
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall this at all. Reading now, skipper.

Wow. He sure did. That's certainly an odd slip of the tongue, a freudian like slip if it was one. One can only think he meant the Justice Dept. was taking over the case or some word like "solved" that means "assumed"?

Reading the transcript, the Levys are barely able to repress their disgust at the DC police. Had they thought the FBI had something? Were they misled?

Or just somehow meant the FBI had taken over thr case much to their happiness because of what the DC police had done to them?

What an excellent find, skipper.

rd
laskipper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, rd. Personally, I think that the Levys were lead to believe, if not told directly, that the DOJ had the case solved. Sure sounds like it to me.

Given the fact that the Grand Jury was currently hearing the matter and Condit was due to testify or already did at the time of the interview, I have to think that they were further lead to think that 'they' had nailed Condit. Sounds that way to me.

Yeah, you're right about the DC Police. The Levys were obviously very unhappy about their non-performance in all areas of Chandras' case and yet they were gracious in their answers. More so than I would be under the circumstances.

Bait and switch comes to mind. DOD took the heat off the DC cops.

Where does Garrett fit into this if the DOD took over. He's FBI, isn't he?
rd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, he's FBI and I think that's what they meant by Dept. of Justice but don't know.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pick up Skipper.

Wow that interview is scary to hear how much HOPE Chandra's parents had Chandra would be alive, this was just before Chandra was found dead.

I think this is a fruedian slip, like rd said, but it implies that Bob levy knew who it was.

I had thought that Washington had dual durisdiction, and that we did some research on this topic when the grand jury was announced.

I think the FBI lost no time in trying to pin the murder on Gradique, however, this was after the interview when Chandra was found, what they were up to prior to this time is anyone's guess?

It seems odd to come to think of it, why Grandique was not a person of interest before Chandra was found, guess the police did not believe Chandra had been attacked or dumped in Rock Creek Park.

We sure have heard nothing since Grandique refused the second polygraph. That is odd! You think they would cut him a deal, prison at home or something? I can't believe that the United States would not try to deport him, just strikes me as expensive to keep people in prison and likely deport them later?

Normally would a guy like Grandique get deported, if he had nothing to do with Chandra's murder, would he be kept in prison for his sentence? For Ten years!

kate
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure how serious any talk was of Guandique being asked to take a second lie detector test. The first was defended by the US Attorney's office as routine, and in fact given the same way to the cellmate who flunked his, and while Guandique refused further interviews if he refused another test I think it was at lawyer's orders. He had already taken one given by the US Attorney's office in the normal interpreter way for Spanish and passed.

rd
peripeteia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd:

I thought the first and only polygraph with Grandique had been done in english and that is why it was suspect that it was no good, because he had not been given one in his native tongue, and there was question whether or not that he understood the questions and thus the possibility of faking the answers. Or is this yet another urban legend?
kate
rd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was given through an interpreter rather than the polygrapher asking questions directly in Spanish. This is the normal procedure for polygraphing people who don't speak English.

The cry was that since the questions were translated by the interpreter it wasn't a valid test, despite the cellmate flunking his and Guandique passing his.

Actually, because of it. The hue and cry was raised by Geragos who was the reference to "people" questioning the results. Of course Condit is going to question someone who actually took a polygraph from law enforcement while he refused, the only one who didn't take it.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: