www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another missing woman/girl-Joanna Rogers, 16, of Lubbock, TX
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan, there's an ongoing case in Vancouver, British Columbia where many women disappeared over a period of years. Many of the missing women were runaways, vagrants, addicts and prostitutes; but their families tried to have an investigation and witnesses tried to have police investigate a farm (owned by the Pickton brothers) where people had seen suspicious activities including, on at least one occasion, a partially-clad woman trying to escape. Finally the police searched the farm and have found evidence that many of the missing women were disposed of there.
Nan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: media reports of others Reply with quote

You know, this is getting worse and worse.

I'm reading the sporadic news reports online now that 5 young women have disappeared in 5 years in Lubbock County. Some were known prostitutes or involved in drugs. One had a 2 year old son she left behind. Three of the 5 have turned up dead. I'm not able to find out if Jo and the newest woman are in the 5, or in addition to the five.

The dead have, apparently, turned up relatively quickly on dirt roads out in the countryside. I bet law enforcement there is on serious "damage control" mode, to keep people from thinking there's a serial on the loose.

Nothing new to report on Joanna.
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is bad, Nan - I hope we can at least figure out if Joanna is one of the five or in addition to them. I'll try looking through articles to see if I can tell (not likely, though, if you couldn't tell).
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nan - I couldn't even find as much detail as you mentioned above - I did see that other women - prostitutes - had gone missing and were found along country roads (it didn't give a number or any other details).

I saw an item in google that said Joanna's picture turned up at a dating site, but when I clicked on the item it didn't take me to an article on the subject (took me to an article about the Wilkerson girl, but nothing about a date site).

Have you heard any mention of Jo's picture on a date site, Nan?
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jane, Google picks up a lot of talk from the internet. I would note source and include it when mentioning something like that. Was it from a news article or an insider? Just curious how it was known.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd - below are the items from google - the links take you to the same newspaper with a different name (sister papers)
--------------------------------------------
Ransom Canyon, TX News - Topix.net
... Missing Lubbock teen Joanna Rogers' picture turned up on a dating Web site, said
Lubbock County Sheriff's ... a listing of upcoming entertainment events in Texas. ...
www.topix.net/city/ransom-canyon-tx - 26k - Cached - Similar pages

---------------------------------------
Abernathy, TX News - Topix.net
... Missing Lubbock teen Joanna Rogers' picture turned up on a ... See also: Lubbock. Concerts
and Tickets 07.03.04 ... a listing of upcoming entertainment events in Texas. ...
www.topix.net/city/abernathy-tx - 27k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.topix.net ]
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a similar item - link didn't work.

Print... A woman in Canada discovered the picture of 17-year old Joanna Rogers on a site called "Hot or Not." The site ... It`s believed that Joanna`s picture was posted ...
www.abc28.com/news/print.asp?mode=shownews&id=349 - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
jane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hotornot site is one where people can submit their pictures and users vote giving them a hot or not rating from 1 (not) to 10 (hot).

It's the kind of thing any teenager might do, I suppose - or a friend or not-friend could submit someone's picture.

There's a link where anyone can click to 'meet' the person in the picture.

Here's a link about the guys who started the site: http://www.hotornot.com/pages/about.html
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the kind of thing where someone sees a picture in the paper and submits it. Unless date was clearly before disappearance, that is what I suspect, although with sherriff saying it I imagine they already checked that.

In any event probably a gag, whether she was involved or not. If date of submission could be determined that would shed a lot of light. Thanks for the source, jane. Much appreciated.

rd
Nan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: hot or not Reply with quote

We're assuming it's a sick joke, as the photo used was the one put out on the flyer when she went missing. It's an enlargement of another photo that just came home from the photo store the day before she went missing. She wouldn't have had time to put it up, and she surely would have put a better one up. There are some immature folks running around in this world, as I'm sure you know, who have no taste. I saw a local Lubbock board where a couple of guys were commenting on how un-lovely she looked.
rd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as I suspected, Nan. When it comes to sick behavior, the internet draws them like flies.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't really important as to solving the case, but I want to comment on Joanna's looks - the poster picture doesn't do her justice looks-wise - you can tell from her other photos that she is pretty.
Nan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Jo Rogers search Reply with quote

They're doing a search again tomorrow, with dogs, for both girls. Focusing on roadsides, ditches, drainpipes, stuff like that. More is at bringjohome.info.
jane

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good - let's hope they find something to help solve both cases.
Nan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:15 am    Post subject: search results Reply with quote

Well, there are reports of a truck being seen in the second girl's neighborhood, that didn't belong there. They got a pretty good description of it, including it appearing to have out-of-state plates. May be nothing, may be something. Hope it's something.

As far as I know, the search turned up nothing new.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42

Jump to: