www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dr. Henry C. Lee. Forensic Analysis in Solving Crimes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Dr. Henry C. Lee. Forensic Analysis in Solving Crimes Reply with quote

I have not attempted to edit all of this. There might be a contact address here for Dr. Henry C. Lee. How many people here want to write to Dr. Henry C. Lee? Maybe this is the contact whom we need. If you want to write to Dr. Lee start writing, that is the way to start. I could write to him, if I thought it would do any good. Maybe that is the way to start writing to him, with a plan.<<<<<

Search Archives
July 10, 2004
Global News & Press Release Distribution
CUSTOM NEWS FEED FOR JOURNALISTS MEMBER LOGIN (SUBMIT YOUR PRESS RELEASE)
Customize your free daily PRWEB news feed. Register Here to Send Your Press Release
FREE SYNDICATION PR Web™ Help Desk
Add these headlines to your web site. Free @PRWeb.com E-Mail
News by Category News by Country News by MSA All News for Today Browse News by Day

All Press Releases for May 31, 2002
Chandra Levy Case Highlights the Importance of Forensic Analysis in Solving Crimes

Without a freshly murdered body, can forensic scientists glean enough information from clothing, bone, fibers, hair, stains and other evidence to solve a murder? Dr. Henry C. Lee would answer yes.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 28, 2002

FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO INTERVIEW DR. HENRY LEE,CONTACT:
Jill Maxick at 800-853-7545
jmaxick@prometheusbooks.com

Levy Case Highlights the Importance of Forensic
Analysis in Solving Crimes

Without a freshly murdered body, can forensic scientists glean enough information from clothing, bone, fibers, hair, stains and other evidence to solve a murder?

Forensic evidence may be the primary means by which the Chandra Levy homicide is eventually solved. The human remains are skeletal—there are no organs or flesh to analyze. Physical evidence at Rock Creek Park has been subject to the elements of nature—weather and possibly wild animals. Since Levy was missing for over a year, other possible physical evidence and other possible crime scenes are now old. Without a freshly murdered body, can forensic scientists glean enough information from clothing, bone, fibers, hair, stains and other evidence to solve a murder? Dr. Henry C. Lee would answer yes.

Dr. Lee—considered by many to be the greatest forensic scientist in the world—has worked hundreds of cases under similar circumstances. Sometimes, it only takes the smallest of physical evidence to help solve a crime. In his new book, Cracking Cases: The Science of Solving Crimes (Prometheus Books, 2002), Dr. Lee walks the reader through the “Woodchipper murder”, in which homicide was proven based partially on these remains only: bone fragments, one fingernail, strands of human hair, three ounces of tissue, a dental crown and part of one tooth. Dr. Lee has worked many cases in which a stray fiber, a stain, or an article of clothing contained the crucial bit of evidence to connect the dots and close a case.

Cracking Cases: The Science of Solving Crimes takes the reader through the entire investigative process of five murder cases, with Dr. Lee as the tour guide. In each case, Dr. Lee presents in scientific detail how he investigated the murders, analyzed the evidence, and used techniques that played a critical role in bringing criminals to justice. He discusses how the criminalist examines blood spatter evidence and uses blood identification, DNA analysis, and other forensic technologies developed in the world’s best laboratories. It is a fascinating insider’s look by a world-renowned expert into the pursuit of justice in some of the most grisly criminal cases of recent times.

###

CONTACT INFORMATION
Jill Maxick
Prometheus Books
Visit Our Site
800-853-7545
Email us Here

ATTACHED FILES

There are no multimedia files attached to this release. If this is your release you may add images or other multimedia files through your login.

ABOUT PR WEB™ & these News Releases
If you have any questions regarding information in these press releases please contact the company listed in the press release. Please do not contact PRWeb. We will be unable to assist you with your inquiry. PRWeb disclaims any content contained in these release. Our complete disclaimer appears here.

Disclaimer: If you have any questions regarding information in these press releases please contact the company listed in the press release. Please do not contact PR Web™. We will be unable to assist you with your inquiry. PR Web™ disclaims any content contained in these release. Our complete disclaimer appears here.

© Copyright 1997-2004, PR Web™. All Rights Reserved<<<<

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good contact for Dr. Lee is at his web site, http://www.drhenrylee.com/about/, and click on Contact. It's a web page e-mail form. I'll get the ball rolling and ask if he is interested in taking a look at Murder on a Horse Trail. He is quoted in the book. Let's see if he or one of his staff responds. Maybe others are interested in writing also. Good idea, benn.

rd
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rd, I will look at Lee's website and probably write something. I looked up his book, mentioned in the article, at the library, and all the branches have one, and none of them is checked out, so I will borrow one. I might consider waiting to write him until I have read a little of his book, but maybe there is enough information on the website.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking at Dr. Lee's site I decided to contact him on his form. Maybe that was an exercise in futility, or whatever they say. I was surprised, though, I did get an automated response back, which I will quote.

>>>To: benf5@lanset.com
Subject: Website Contact Request
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 22:03 -0400

Thank you for your e-mail to Dr. Henry Lee.Com unfortunately due to the overwhelming
response to this site individual replies are not possible at this time.

If you are a student interested in Forensic Science, you may contact
The American Academy of Forensic Science at:

http://www.aafs.org/ and The University of New Haven at
http://www.newhaven.edu/ for Forensic Science related courses.

For a general overview of forensic science see this site along with the
following web sites related to forensic science.

http://www.aafs.org/
http://www.csfs.ca/
http://www.forensic-science-society.org.uk/
http://www.ncjrs.org/forensic/summary.html
<<<<<<

benn
scr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Dr. Henry C. Lee Reply with quote

Benn,

Dr. Lee's address, as of 2002, was:

Dr. Henry C. Lee, Chief Emeritus
Connecticut Department of Public Safety
Division of Scientific Services
278 Colony Street
Meriden, CT 06451

He was kind enough to reply to a letter.

Best,

SCR
benn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scr, thanks for the address. I don't know if it would do any good for me to write to Dr. Lee or not. Everyone has their own priorities, and I see that he is doing a Court TV series now.

Maybe someone else here will want to write to him. Or I might write if I can find enough to say.

benn
rd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, SCR. Hey, SCR, you and Andrew are the stars of the Horse Trail chapter in Murder on a Horse Trail. I didn't end up quoting any of your posts but I had all of them and referred to them while writing. Thanks again for the research to describe the crime scene to us.

I would send you a copy but I'm broke for the time being. The ebook download is a deal for $6. You can search through it too. Anyway, thanks for the info.

rd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: