www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index www.justiceforchandra.com
Justice for Chandra Levy and missing women

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now Condit denies anything other than friendship with Levy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Now Condit denies anything other than friendship with Levy Reply with quote

I found this in a recent article about L. Lin Wood, Condit's attorney:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
exceprt from

Atlanta Business Chronicle
"Every Lawsuit is a War"
Megan Woolhouse
23 Jan 2004

Condit's case

The stage is set for Gary Condit. Wood has filed a $11 million lawsuit on behalf of Condit against Vanity Fair columnist Dominick Dunne in New York. And he has filed a $209 million defamation suit against The National Enquirer and the Star Magazine and Globe tabloids in Palm Beach, Fla. Both cases are pending.

Wood said Condit, who is married, denies ever having anything other than a friendship with Chandra Levy. Condit has never been charged with any crime, either, Wood added.

Wood already has made numerous media appearances trying to rework Condit's image and reputation.

Wood said he views himself as a born litigator, one who has always been confident in his abilities, even as a teenager facing family tragedy. What would he do if he had to pick a career outside the law?

"I'd be an actor," he said. "That'd probably be something I would thoroughly enjoy."

Reach Woolhouse at mwoolhouse@bizjournals.com
rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, jane, interesting. Two newspapers reported that the police said he admitted to a long term relationship in his third interview, later in the day after Linda Zamsky publically released her 15 page statement.

He had always referred to leaks without exactly denying an affair. Whatever Wood is talking about would undoubtedly involve parsing Condit's thoughts of what a relationship is, a truly scary thought for mere mortals.

rd
jane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure hope such a baldfaced liar will not be awarded a cent of Dunne's or anyone else's money. Not without at least having to spill his guts about all the stuff he's kept covered up, anyway.
benn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello jane. If Condit keeps trying he may eventually succeed in shooting himself in the foot. He has tried often enough already.

Lin Wood's version is part of the disinformation being distributed by Condit supporters. I read a newsgroup message the other day that said Condit had been cleared. I did not pay too much attention to that because the entire message was about politicians and the way some of them have treated women. The message was in a political newsgroup.

I guess lawyers can say a lot of things to the press that they can not say in the courtroom. If Lin Wood says that in the courtroom the defense can produce some of the women whom Condit dated, and the defense can also call Chandra's family members to testify.

The way I see it Gary Condit has not actually sued anyone yet. The Dunne suit is still being looked at by the judge, who has not ruled whether Condit as a public figure can sue or not.. I imagine the same thing will take place with the other lawsuits.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this quote in Sex, Power, Murder by NE, which I am rereading rapidly. I guess this is as good a place to post it as anywhere.

This is supposed to be about some of Condit's activities in Sacramento, when he was an assemblyman.

(fair use) "Whenever she questioned him about the dangers of being recognized or approached by one of his constituents, Condit would respond, 'I'll act like it's not me, like they're mistaken. No one will believe them. I'm like a god where I come from.'"

Familiar sounding language.

benn
benn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I missed this quote. From S, P, and Murder again.

"Condit seemed to enjoy the fact that no one knew his kinky sex side.

"He felt completely untouchable. He'd say, 'No one would believe it anyway. My dad is a preacher and my brother is a policeman. I'm the perfect guy. I'm going to run for President one day and no one is going to ruin that.'"

What did he mean by that, no one is going to ruin that? What would Condit have done to keep anyone from doing that?

benn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.justiceforchandra.com Forum Index -> Chandra Levy and missing women All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: